brazilian or bush?

Just out of curiosity - does pubic hair make much of a difference to you during sex? I've only had one partner so I wouldn't know any different.My friends and I on a girls' night out at a bar were discussing the topic and we couldn't arrive at an answer we all agreed on. Just curious...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't understand the desire to have a partner shave or wax. Hairless men just look weird to me.

However, I do shave, everything, I do so because I get fewer ingrown hairs, my doc suggested it since I've had bad skin and get cysts and scars. I don't like wax since I have pretty sensitive skin and it causes more damage than good.

All my guy friends/boyfriends/ex boyfriends always preferred brazillian too. Only a couple I met liked the bush bc they say otherwise they feel like they are with a little girl. I think guys should NOT shave. Trims are good, but having sex w/a guy who has stubble is the most uncomfortable experience EVER.

Hairless men just look weird to me.

I guess you'll never ask a guy to get a Ballzilian wax then CB....

Hair- no hair...does it really matter in a loving relationship? I personally don't think it's a huge deal. I've done both and never heard any complaints. There's a lot more to focus on during sex than pubic hair or lack of it.

I guess everyone has preferences though.

So my "preference" on a guy: Neatly trimmed but not too short that it's pinchy or scratchy.

What I do with my body is rarely influenced by others, and as a result I would not suggest my for my guy to change his body (whether it's hair or anything else) based on my preferences either.

BellaDonna

CB,

Do you have any pointers on shaving. When I shaved, I had ingrown hairs, and the next day it was already growing back. I would sure prefer that over waxing.

My gf/I never tried waxing - does it hurt?. We shave each other once a week or so. Ingrown hairs are rare after a few times. We use shampoo in water, a single blade shaver for pass 1 and a dual blade (lady) shaver for pass 2. Afterward we put body lotion.

Edited. Warning single blade shaver not recommended for shaving yourself as it's blade protrudes further.

CB,

Do you have any pointers on shaving. When I shaved, I had ingrown hairs, and the next day it was already growing back. I would sure prefer that over waxing.

I usually slather up with lotion the night before I'm going to shave. I've found that depending on the water quality the shaving products don't always work as good as a nice moisturizing soap (hard water = razor burn ). I shower with hot water and wait to shave near the end so the hair can soften and the pours open more. I shave with the grain first and then against the grain (sometimes only with the grain depending on how freaked my skin is). After I get out I put on lotion right away and sometimes I use Bikini Zone. The newer the razor the less razor burn and cuts. I then will put lotion on once or twice a day, I've found that the more often I use lotion the less problems I have with ingrown hairs and the hair isn't as corse so I don't need to shave as soon. I know where my problem areas are (places more prone to ingrown hairs) and keep an eye on them, I'll do a spot checks after shaving to make sure I got it all.

Edited. Warning single blade shaver not recommended for shaving yourself as it's blade protrudes further

Ouch.

I couldn't imagine waxing..... shaving while virtually painless, also has to be done...carefully...

A good equation seems to be: Venus Razor + Bikini Zone Shave Gel link removed+ Bikini Zone AntiBumps Gel after link removed

BellaDonna

Edited. Warning single blade shaver not recommended for shaving yourself as it's blade protrudes further.

I do know if more blades is better or worse. Since I learned how to shave my face with a straight razor (cutthroat razor) I dont get a rash on my neck after shaving. I find commercial razors to rough on me tender skin, no matter what I do. I imagine technique has everything to do with whether you get a rash and not the actual razor or number of blades.