brazilian or bush?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I put hair conditioner on the hair first and let that sit to soften it up. I use the Venus razor, and only shave off little parts at a time. I use whatever my BF has for razor burn, sometimes his shaving gel. (It's Neutrogena Razor Defense gel Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion, it's amazing.) I can't use lotion because it burns my skin right after I shave, even if it's for sensitive skin. I never have ingrown hairs or redness, and it usually stays smooth for 2-3 days.

I have shaved it all for years now, I started because it really eased the comfort when I was cycling. And I have really preferred it ever since.

I don't find I get any issues with shaving, just use some good shaving cream, a good new, sharp razor (dull ones are BAD!) and a good moisturizer after. Let warm water soften the skin and hair up before you shave too. Pull the skin area taut as you shave as well, as this will allow for a smoother shave.

And keep an eye on what you are doing! It's not impossible to see if you are flexible enough. For this latter, I would say regular yoga has it's benefits!

I prefer shaving as I can do it on my own and it's quick and easy, no having to wait for certain growth to get waxed, pay others money or deal with more appointments!

....dang, you guys...I barely have enough time in the day to comb the hair on my head let alone deal with pubic hair grooming......

It's funny as I am really rather low maintenance. It really does not take long to do once you get hang of it!

I let my hair air dry, wear it in a ponytail most of time, only bother with makeup maybe once or twice a week (my job I don't really worry about it as I don't see anybody usually!), and just put on some sunscreen and go.

Raykay,

How often do you shave there? It seems time consuming. I am just wondering because if I shaved everyday, it would seem much easier, or does that create more change for ingrown hairs?

Usually every 2-3 days is about right for me, and I do when I do my legs/armpits while in the shower, so altogether it takes me less than 5-10 minutes really.

If you do it everyday, I would just worry about irritation, and yes ingrowns. But that's pretty much an individual thing.

How do you do it in the shower? I mean how do you see down there without a mirror?

I told you, yoga

Seriously, I am quite..um flexy. Sorry for the graphics. I have been doing yoga for years and can see things if I just position self right way (ie step up on side of tub with one leg.) I can see everything I need to get the job done.

And I wonder why I haven't posted on that "tell something about yourself" thread, I don't think there is much I don't tell everywhere else!

If you need a mirror though, nothing wrong with that. Better to be safe than sorry!

How funny! I never realized yoga made people that flexible. I was born with a congenital anomaly, so I am hyperflexible at every joint, but I am still fearful of scraping my oh so treasured areas.

It does not make everyone into Gumby's. A lot of it depends on your natural ability as well. However, that being said, when I was younger I was not very flexible, and had back problems and more injuries from athletics as a result. When I began yoga, those disappeared. In addition to a lack of "use/strain injuries" from cycling or running, even when I crash on my bike for example, the flexibility will allow a better fall and less injury. It strengthens your stabilizers and allows for looser muscles which really helps for things like that.

But time, patience can definitely increase your flexibility range. I can put my legs behind my head, which apparently, my boyfriend finds to be a perk

Just be careful, use lots of shaving cream and go slower as you learn to get the hang of it. I have been doing it for years and have not had any incidents (knock on wood!).

Well, some prefer something...like the "landing strip" or "arrow to garden of eden". I have a friend whom shaves hers into a heart and dyes it purple, her hubby seems to like it.

That's why I say keep it how you want it, just keep it trimmed, neat and hygienic...but as for design, if a guy rejected you for your "style", he's not the guy for you anyway.

CB,

Do you have any pointers on shaving. When I shaved, I had ingrown hairs, and the next day it was already growing back. I would sure prefer that over waxing.

Hunnie, try a seiko cleancut and Priva Shave, NO unsightly ingrowing hairs or rash at all. I bought one and would never look back again, and it's small enough for a purse just in case you need to neaten up

I actually go for the Hollywood, totally bare, Brazillian's have a lil bit-o-fluff and I don't be doing that .

I actually started thanks to the recommendation of a friend because of recurrent yeastie-beasties, not a single one since........but, hubby really enjoys it because there's no straying hairs , and it is sooooooooooooo sensitive and pleasurable, I so wish I'd discovered this years ago

**EDITED TO ADD**

With the seiko, it's sooooo small and fits just neatly "down there", that with a 8 month pregnant tummy, I can still get everything baby soft.

I'm a bit scared to try the brazilian. I usually epilate leaving a wide "landing strip"... and really carefully use cream around the labia. This is really good for a quick fix but you have to be really really careful not to get any on the inside.

ooooo cream on the labia? owww! I have had too many chemical burns on my legs from that crap.

I definitely would encourage anyone new at the shaving technique to take a warm bath first and then sit on the edge of the tub. That is how I learned and now can do a quick clean up standing in the shower. I usually miss something though (shower is a little dim) so I always take a bath once a week to make sure everything gets squeaky clean.

I like to be clean shaven down there, Ive got a hell of a bush and feel almost matronly when its grown out. I also feel cleaner with a smooth cooch.

I used to be all natural until I met my boyfriend. I remember I once shaved everything and I thought "My god! I didn't know I looked like that!" I can't remember what I looked liked when we slept together, but he didn't have any complaints.

I also find that shaving everything makes that time of the month quite a bit cleaner. When you have that hair ... it, well, er, the blood kinda stays in the hair till you shower. Not so nice.

I remember my boyfriend saying he likes me smooth and finds it a turn on since it's easy to see everything. Ever since then, I've been shaving it all off.

I tried those Veet individiual wax strips. Hmm, yeah they work but not as good as I think if you got an actual wax kit, or if someone did it for you. Waxing is painful. I'd need to be knocked out. I had to control my breathing everytime I ripped the damn thing off. I started sweating!!!

The things we women do.

Brazillian or French for sure. Brazillian is Naked, French is all clean except for a little patch on top.

I usually go in and get I guess the male equivalent of a bikini wax done. I just don't trust the ladies to slather my ball-bag in hot wax and tear all the hair out of it, I feel that is a bit too sensitive, so I just take care of that with a razor. Waxing definitely lasts longer, and really doesn't hurt.

How do i bring this up with my GF?

Currently shes au-natural, i'd prefer at least her labia and surrounding area (half an inch or so) shaved. I assume it would make it much less messy during sex and other things. Right now *stuff* gets caught in the hair around there and its kinda gross.

I dont want to be brash/offensive about it but, i'd prefer it cleaned up a bit...

How do i bring this up with my GF?

Currently shes au-natural, i'd prefer at least her labia and surrounding area (half an inch or so) shaved. I assume it would make it much less messy during sex and other things. Right now *stuff* gets caught in the hair around there and its kinda gross.

I dont want to be brash/offensive about it but, i'd prefer it cleaned up a bit...

Ask her that you like to shave her because you like to see more of her the smiling V. and that it is more pleasant when you go down on her. She will feel better too!

I love my pubic hair, I trim it so that it is nice, short and even but I could not imagine my life without it....wait actually I could, I think it was sometime before puberty.

A dense bush almost mandates a wash when done, while a wet towel will do otherwise.

You may not have much hair yet anyway, but in 20 years..., trimming it a bit, exposing the smiling V. does no harm.

A dense bush almost mandates a wash when done, while a wet towel will do otherwise.

You may not have much hair yet anyway, but in 20 years..., trimming it a bit, exposing the smiling V. does no harm.

lol I sometimes think I'm the only one that gets what you say 1/2 the time.