• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THere are many that I find moving for one reason or another.

Most of the ones that tend to move me most are about kids and them growing up and making lives. Several that come to mind for different reasons are:

1.) Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle

2.) I cant even think of the name of the other one, but it says something to the effect of,,,,, " and they do, that's how it is" Anyway, its a country song about kids growing up.

3.)Also the song AMERICAN SOLDIER by Toby Keith, grabs my heart like no other song. My son is in the US Army, and it gets to me everytime I hear it.

4.) Live like You were Dying - Tim McGraw.

5.) Dance with My father Again - Luther Vandross

6.) I Can't Tell You Why - The Eagles

I am not sure if I got the song titles right, and even forgot the name of one of them.

Anyway, Thats my list.

Still Fighting It by Ben Folds Five, OMG i think it's moving because all the great times i've had in high school (i'm only a freshman but still) and we still need to make the best of it, because i already realized someday it will be gone

I Wish by R. Kelly, the death of one of my closest friends RJ

Summer Kiss by Dashboard Confessional, i suppose you can take it as your girl leaving you or the season leaving you but it's still moving

If I Fall by Amber Pacific, it's for the ones who don't think their lives won't change

but i think the most moving song for me is Last Summer by Lostprophets, it's about having the time of your life with your friends and hoping the memories will never fade of summer with the greatest people...your friends

Hmm... this is a good one, there's a few of them that stir up something inside. Sometimes the moment the song is on just makes me think about certain times in my life and that memory can occasionally open a flood gate of emotions...anyhow, those songs...

God's Will -- Martina McBride

So Sick -- Ne Yo

Arms Wide Open -- Creed

You're Beautiful -- James Blunt

The Reason -- Hoobastank

In The End -- Linkin Park

I Can -- Nas

I'm sure I can go on and on but those are just a few from my playlists that I can relate to emotions...

accross the Universe -- as covered by Fiona Apple

In My Life/Here Comes the Sun -- The Beatles

1979 -- The Smashing Pumpkins

Blueberry Hill -- Fats Domino

Destiny/In the Waiting Line -- Zero 7

Josephine/Purple People -- Tori Amos

In This World -- Moby

Everything in its Right Place/Paranoid Android -- Radiohead

Soul Meets Body -- Death Cab for Cutie

Shiver -- Coldplay

Waikiki -- Ladies K

Yellow Ledbetter -- Pearl Jam

Moonlight Sonata/Pathetique Sonata -- Beethoven

...this is just after a cursory glance through some of the songs on my iPod. I'm sure there's plenty more but these are some of the ones that stand out in my mind.

This is a wide variety of types of music, haha!

Graduation Song-Vitamin C

Because of you-Kelly Clarkson

You're Beautiful-James Blunt

8th World Wonder-Kimberly Locke

All or Nothing-O Town

Bad Day-Daniel Powter

Bad Guys Always Die-Eminem & Dr. Dre

Bloody Valentine-Good Charlotte

Breaking the habit-Linkin Park

Chop Suey-System of a Down

Fix You-Coldplay

It's not me it's you-Prozzak

Jesus Walks-Kanye West

Just About Enough-Sarina Paris

Listen To Your Heart-DHT

Look What You've Done-Jet

My oh My-Aqua

Numb-Linkin Park

On My Own-Hedley

Shake it off Remix-Mariah Carrey ft. JD

Speed of Sound-Coldplay

Stick Wit You- * * * * *cat Dollz

Aerials-System of a Down

These Words-Natasha Bedingfield

What if God was One of Us-Joan Osborne

Sorry bout the long list, its just those are all the songs that I listen to when I'm down, they help me feel better for some reason lol! I just feel a big connection with them all!

"You Can Never Feel My Pain" by Havoc of Mobb Deep. This is a rap song about the artist's lifelong battle with Sickle Cell Anemia. Like 99.9% of the rap songs it is very graphic, but the words tell the story of a life long sufferer. He described his battle with Sickle Cell Anemia and he compared his physical trauma to a lot of people's depression about being poor, about how people should be happy to have a body that works and stop crying about what can be fixed. His addiction and tolerance to medicine, his episodes, his setbacks, the fact that the disease was inherited from his parents, his words and his voice hit me like a brick. It made me appreciate what I have.

I'll post more later on, but the first song that came to my mind when I saw this post was "The Crystal Lake" by an amazing group called Grandaddy. The first time I heard that song, I immediately replayed it the rest of the afternoon, lol.

It's basically about someone who realizes they've gotten on a superficial path, and they're longing to get back to what was meaningful to them before.

The group is awesome...and sadly, just announced their break-up. But you can hear some of their new stuff at link removed. "Rearview Mirror" is pretty stunning, too, now my second favorite Grandaddy song.

Grandaddy...I've only heard their one song, "A.M. 180" from the "28 Days Later" soundtrack and it's amazing! I'll have to check out some of their other stuff -- thanks for the link!

Oh, they're too good for this world. Guess that's why they're breaking up, they're just not making the living at this that they should be making. Such a shame when so many crap singers and bands are so wildly popular. Ugh, don't get me started on that.

Anyway, you can hear that song "The Crystal Lake" at this page if you scoll down: link removed

Life is a rollercoaster by Ronan Keating because it was the song that was playing on the television when I went to say goodbye to my grandfather after he died in hospital. occasionally I hear the song at strange times like right before a flight test... Sometimes I think it is his way of saying that he is watching over me.

PRSOV reminded me of a song that I am sure everyone gets emotional over: Taps. Naturally it's a song played at a funeral, but it was just a song to me up until two years ago. They played it at my grandfather's funeral, gave him the official WWII Veteran send off, played the song and presented my grandmother with the American flag. I was so proud of my grandfather, he always told me stories of being in Japan and fighting "in the big one" as I sat like a wide eyed kid mesmerized by his tales. It's the reason why I'm a WWII buff to this day. I miss him dearly. Taps never really did anything for me emotionally before this, but when it was played at his funeral, it became a sad song for me forever.

Just to name some:

Jimi Hendrix - "Little Wing"

Dave Matthews Band - "Grey Street"

Bird York - "In the Deep"

Sia - "Breathe Me"

Jamie Cullum - "These Are the Days"

Johnny Hartman and John Coltrane - "Lush Life"

Pat Metheny - anything from One Quiet Night (solo acoustic guitar), and "We Had a Sister" from Trio 99>00

Basically anything from rock to jazz to classical.

Because of you - Kelly Clarkson

I truly feel like this song is about me, it's exactly me. I didn't have an abusive father but a very overprotective mother, I wasn't allowed out to play in the street with other kids, I learned to play on the safe side so I didn't get hurt. My uncle died at age 18 (when I was like 3) and it completely messed up my entire family but I think mainly my mum. She always assumes the worst if she can't contact someone and talks about death & stuff. And I feel like I've closed off my heart in a way to avoid pain, copying her really, like MY heart can't break coz it was never really whole to start with.

That sounds pretty depressing actually, I have a good life, it's just that I feel damaged, that I can't really trust anyone and it's not because of anything that's happened to me, it's because of what happened to her!

1. Baby Boy- Big Brovaz

(It's how me and my bf feel)

2.Insatiable- Darren Hayes

(Good Lovers' song)

3.Truly Mady Deeply- Savage Garden

(Dedicated to me by my bf, cried the first time I heard it)

4. Family Portrait- Pink

(Makes me cry, have felt that way)

5. When I'm Gone - Eminem

(Sweet, tragic song)

6.Mocking Bird - Eminem

(Nice song form Mommy/ Daddy to daughter/son)

7.Perfect- Simple Plan

( How I feel sometimes, well alot of the time)

8.Confessions of a Broken Heart-Lindsay Lohan

(Describes me)

Theses songs pretty much say who I am and have alot of emotion in them I like them because they each represent a little piece of my life and I realte to alot of them. Sweet, emotional

I like so many different kinds of music, but as far as songs I find emotionally moving- I'd have to narrow it down to these:

Fields of Gold- Sting

I Miss You- Brian McKnight

November Rain- Guns N Roses

The Unforgiven- Metallica

Darkness- Disturbed

Dear Mama- Tu Pac

Live to Tell- Madonna

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face- Roberta Flack

Grow Old With Me- Mary Chapin Carpenter