I'm 15 and I think I'm ready for SEX

AK823

I always wanted to wait until I was at least 16 to have sex. That was before I started going out with Jamie. We've been together for 4 months and often talk about having sex. The more we talk about it and the more I talk about it with other people the more I want to do it. I think I'm ready and I love him. I know he loves me. I'm 15 and a half and he's 18. He's only done it once with his last girlfriend who broke up with him shortly afterwards, so he is not a virgin like me. How do I know for sure if I'm ready? Does your age really matter if you're mature and responsible enough? And how much of your first time is really special? I always saw my first time being in complete darkness with candles and music but I've come to realize that it's not about the perfect time or place anymore. it's about the perfect person.

yes your age does matter i think your a little young...your virginity is something important and if u think ur ready then that part is up to you i think that you should wait a little bit cuz 4 months isnt to long into the relationship and u should get to know him a little better and make sure that this decision your about to make is what you really want

Their are other things more important tha having sex, especially at 15. Think about it seriously before you decide.

I also feel that your bf is too old ot be sleeping with a girl who is 15, i think it is illegal as well.

Again think it over, and then decide. Their are far more important things than losing your virginity right now.

be well

brando

no matter what most guys at his age are often thinking and talking about sex...just because you are talking about it doesn't mean that you are ready for it. i lost my virginity at 15 and i wish i hadn't, while i was quite mature for my age i wish i had waited longer. i agree with the others that there are more important things at your age then sex, and your b/f can get in a lot of trouble if you get pregnant. if you are ready to have a baby you are ready to be pregnant, because mostly that is what god intended sex for, (and evolution) to procreate.

i must also agree that 4 months of dating is far too short, i know in high school it seems like a long time, but it doesn't necissarily mean that you two are compatible completely with one another. i am not with the boy i lost my virginity to anymore, and we will never be again, we dated for well over 2 years while in high school i lost something to a boy that i can never give to anyone else ever again. so really think about all this and how much it means to you.

I think its hard for a person to judge their own level of maturity and responsibility.

Are you ready to be a mother? I personally believe that before people have sex, they should be ready for the unintended consequences of it.

How about catching an STD?

You can use protection, but statistically there is a chance that you can get an STD or get pregnant, or worse, get both.

Are you really ready for that responsibility?

Do you know if your bf has been tested for STDs?

Do you know that at your age, becoming sexually active actually increases your odds of cervical cancer?

Because you're becoming sexually active, you'll need to go to the OB GYN to receive annual pap-smears.

I'm not trying to scare you, or say don't have sex, but I do want you to fully realize what becoming sexually active means.

Not to be mean, but do you know what they call a girl who has sex at your age...A MOTHER. Im sorry to say that, but in fact at your age you could not possibly be ready for sex or the consiquences that comes with it. I feel for you though, I had the same outlook at your age, and I did have sex when I was 15, and even though I really believed I was ready and could handle it...I wasnt ready. I look back now and wonder why I was so determined to grow up too fast...I felt bad about myself afterwards, the guy I slept with was so in love with me, until we had sex then I never heard from him again...thats how I know I wasnt ready at that age. The bad part is, if you start making decisions like that before your really ready your going to end up making alot more unwise choices in order to try and make yourself feel better. I know, and I ended up pregnant at 16 and married, and btw I was divorced at 17. Thats the kind of choices you make when you choose to have sex when your so young. I am telling you this because I have been where you are, and I dont want to see some promising young woman alter her life in such a way before she is ready. I can also tell you that if you think your ready for sex now then your still going to be ready at 18, 19 etc....so why rush into it, and if your saying "why wait till then, because I know Im ready now" then thats just how sure your not ready. Take time to be a kid, a teenager, and have fun with your friends, work on your studies, really know who you are before you make such a huge decision, because the person you think you are at 15 is not the person your going to be at 25...and you should want to look back and not feel any sorrow about the choices you made at such a young age. You have your whole life to have sex, so whats the rush, enjoy other things first please. Also if he wants to have sex, and you feel like you love him...ask him to wait, tell him your not ready for all the things that go along with sex....and Im not talking about feelings of love, Im talking about STDs, unwanted pregnancy etc..and if he says he doesnt want to wait, or cant, or loves you so much that he wants to show you, then tell him to F*** off, because thats not love. Love is saying ok, I will wait, and when your ready I will be too, I dont want to make a decision we may both regret.

You really should wait, for a number of reasons.

1) At 15 you are too young... sex is quite a mature concept (trying not to patronise you but at 15 you probably aren't as mature as you think you are) and trust me, the last thing you want is to become desensetised to sex at that age, do you really want to be getting stressed whenever you go weeks without sex at the age of 17, or have it start to lose its appeal by the age of 19... when you'll find a lot of worthy guys are only just starting to think about sex.

2) On a related note, (and no slur on your current bf) but if you look round guys your own age (as you might do in the future if this relationship doesn't last) you might find that the ones who are having sex at 15 are often the jerks, who will brag about it and all the other stuff that goes with it.

3) You are only 4 months into your relationship, that would maybe even be too soon for me to be wanting sex with a girl I'd started going out with... and I'm 23. I'd make sure you knew the relationship was solid first.

4) You said he had sex with his previous girlfriend soon before they broke up... What if this is his track record, what if sex makes things become awkward between you both and you end up breaking up as a result.

At the end of the day it's up to you to decide when you're ready. I just think you should be aware of some of the pitfalls that are out there when you are so young. Don't rush it.

You haven't even begun to build a proper foundation for a relationship. I lost my virginity at 16 (for some reason this seems to be the age for you) and I regret it. It's something you can't take back. You may think you know him but only time will tell. Ppl change and often have a hidden side. Don't rush into a new world only to find out that he wasn't the guy you thought he was. But that aside, the age difference is a little much and I really think you should wait. If he cares about you he will wait... if he doesn't then why would you want your first time to be with him?

I always wanted to wait

Then wait! What is the rush? Sex isn't the end all of things. It makes things more complicated. You are so young that have you thought of the consequences of your actions? STD's, pregnancy?

I think I'm ready and I love him.

Honey you are NOT ready, you know why? You are asking people to convince you that you are. Love I know you don't want to hear this but he may be your first love but he ain't your last. There will be many more guys that make your heart pitter patter. When you are ready and older you may meet the guy who is it and you have already given yourself to someone you probably will never see again.

I know he loves me. I'm 15 and a half and he's 18.

How do you know he loves you? He is dating a 15 year old and you know what if anyone were to find out even though you we consensual he can go to jail for statutory rape. So is this really worth it?

How do I know for sure if I'm ready?

Again you are asking everyone if you are ready and you know that you aren't.

I always saw my first time being in complete darkness with candles and music but I've come to realize that it's not about the perfect time or place anymore. it's about the perfect person.

You said it's about the perfect person and theat person is not this guy! Wait you will thank yourself that you did.

Another point, and sorry if this offends you but...

You really don't want to be the girl in school who lost her virginity at 15, sure at first it might be 'wow you had sex, that's so cool', but once everyone starts to mature a bit and sex is longer the mysetery to everyone it once was, you won't be seen as 'so cool' anymore... The stigma attached to you will be.... putting it mildly, that you 'put out easily'... You don't want that.

If you have to ask if you should, then you shouldn't. When it is time, you will know it is time. When it happen, there will be no doubts. Nervous, probably. But doubts? No.

Generally, at 15 people are not responsible enough to fully understand everything that comes with sex. Hey, for a lot of people in there 20s (and older...) they still aren't responsible enough. On the other hand, there have been posts in the pregnancy forum from girls who are 15, had sex, got pregnant, and are handling it very maturely.

In the end, it is a personal choice. You only lose your virginity once, make sure that it is to the right person. Many have lost it too soon and regretted it. And make sure you are fully ready for everything that comes with sex, physically and emotionally.

Sex can open you up to some powerful emotions and feelings of attachment that leave you vulnerable to some real pain if the relationship doesn't work out. At your age it's almost impossible to make a relationship work under that kind of pressure and still finish school, maintain friendships and move along with your life.

Those things are so powerful, I'm a bit wary of sex at my age as well. It's not as simple as it looks.

Take your time. It'll still be there when you know it's right for you.

Honey you are only 15

not even old enough to drive yourself to the clinic to get a pregnancy test!!!!!!!!

Wait as long as freaking possible. 4 months is NOTHING. And by the way, the chances are extremely high that you will not remain with this guy for long. Wait until you've been together at least 6, 8 months or a year! If he's really a good guy he won't mind waiting.

Like many other posters here, I had sex at 15. If I could take back having sex then, I WOULD IN A HEARTBEAT. Because although I didn't see it at the time, he was the wrong guy for me, and that had some serious consequences.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you DID by some chance get pregnant, how would you and your child (aka your BOYFRIEND) support it? I mean, 15 is pretty young to have a kid. You wouldn't know the responsibility of it. I do, because I have one, and I got pregnant at 19, had my son at 20 ... and I was BARELY old enough to be able to take care of a child.

Enough talk about sex, go play barbies.

U should be worrying about other things than sex, think about school, wut major u wanna study, ur homework, family, other priorities, Do wait, 15 is too young, and I'm almost 19 and still a virgin. As for me, I'm wait till marriage. Besides 4 months is too short for a relation. Don't do something u might regret later on.

Hey. I lost my virginity at 14 and I wish I had waited longer but I do not regret it. Just because I say that I don't regret it, it doesn't mean that you will. Everyone is different when it comes to sex.

Just make sure that if you do have sex with him, you do not put all your heart into it because if you do, you will probably just end up getting hurt in the end. and ALWAYS use protection, no matter what he says about it. I know that one for a fact, he told me he couldn't get someone pregnant and guess what? I got pregnant.

Just remember, really really really think it completely through, including what would happen if you got pregnant or caught an STI from him, and USE PROTECTION if you do have sex with him.

JUST SO YOU NO A GUY WOULD SAY ANYTHING JUST TO GET IN BED WITH A GIRL..

I WOULDN'T BELIEVE AN 18 YEAR OLD GUY WHEN HE SAYS HE'S ONLY BEEN WITH ONLY ONE GIRL.. AND IF THEY BROKE UP SOON AFTER I WOULD WONDER WHY.. DID HE MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH HIM? WHY WOULD AN 18 YEAR OLD BE WITH A 15 YEAR OLD? WHAT CAN YOU GUYS DO?? FIRST OF ALL IF YOU GUYS HAVE SEX AND YOUR MOM NEW SHE COULD CALL THE COPS AND SAY HE RAPED YOU.. CUZ YOUR UNDER AGE.. MY FIRST WAS WHEN I WAS 17 AND THE GUY I DID IT WITH WAS 20 MY MOM DIDNT FIND OUT TILL NOW AND IM 18 SO LUCKY SHE CAN'T DO ANYTHING.. BUT SHE SAID IF SHE HAD FOUND OUT EARLY SHE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMTHING EVEN THO I TOLD HER I WANTED TO .. YOU ALSO HAVE TO THINK DOES HE REALLY LOVE YOU? YOU GUYS HAVNT BEEN TOGETHER THAT LONG TO REALLY BE IN LOVE AND AT 15 DO YOU NO WHAT LOVE IS??

IM ONLY 18 AND I DONT EVEN NO WHAT LOVE IS OR IF I EVER WAS IN LOVE.. EVEN THO I THOUGHT I WAS NOW IM NOT SURE..

JUST DONT DO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT.. I REGRET DOING IT WITH THE PERSON I LOST MINE TO..

BEFORE YOU DO HAVE SEX YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND GET CHECKED OUT MAKE SURE HE DOESNT HAVE ANY THING. YOU SHOULD ALSO LOOK UP SOME STUFF ABOUT SEX, DO SOME RESEARCH.. AND MAKE SURE YOU USE A CONDOM NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS. "IT DOSEN'T FEEL GOOD" BLAH BLAH.. YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF HAVING A BABY.. THEN YOU'LL REALLY BE IN TRUBLE..

I CAN'T TELL YOU NOT TO HAVE SEX CUZ I DONT KNOW YOU AND I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.. BUT JUST MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT IT FROM EVERY VIEW.. THINK OF WHAT COULD HAPPEN..

AND IF YOU REALLY ARE READY..

I WAS NOT READY EVEN THO I WAS 17 I WISH I WOULD HAVE WAITED..

WELL GOOD LUCK...

It gets tiring hearing that your to young I imagine. I was mature at 15, and was probably ready enough as any other 15 year old around me. However, I slept with the wrong person for the wrong reasons. He was 18 and he was not a virgin. I wish I had not slept with him, because I didn't get the romantic virginity experience like you where talking about...

All he would be if you slept with him at this point is a disappointment. If he really loves you he'll wait...and thats not a bunch of bs either...make him wait, your worth it. Take it one month at a time and see if you are still in love with him as much...and then wait just a little longer. Eventually the drug that secretes from our brains when we fall in lust starts to fade away...atleast give your time to really know if he is worth it.

Resenting losing your virginity too early and to the wrong person, sucks.