Should I hit her up after a brief discussion

A girl sat next to me at a lecture this morning. Before it started, she asked me how I like college since she remembers me from a presentation for prospective students from last year. We talked a bit, she then told me she saw me at a concert two months ago and we talked about that and then the lecture started. She left in a hurry at the end, so we didn't talk more. Is that a sign of interest or just a random unimportant exchange? Should I message her on ig since we follow each other?

If you follow each other -sure -but why not just wait till you see her in person again to continue the conversation? You know she is interested in speaking with you.  That's all you know now and all you need to know.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Alokinga said:

. Is that a sign of interest or just a random unimportant exchange? Should I message her on ig since we follow each other?

Try to engage in more small talk, perhaps ask to go for a coffee or snack after class. Try to feel the situation out such as is she interested or does she have a BF? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Alokinga said:

A girl sat next to me at a lecture this morning. Before it started, she asked me how I like college since she remembers me from a presentation for prospective students from last year. We talked a bit, she then told me she saw me at a concert two months ago and we talked about that and then the lecture started. She left in a hurry at the end, so we didn't talk more. Is that a sign of interest or just a random unimportant exchange? Should I message her on ig since we follow each other?

Probably just a random exchange and not necessarily a sign of interest. But....an opportunity to get to know her for sure! Yes, you should definitely reach out on Instagram and continue the conversation. Who knows, it could lead to a potential friendship or even something more. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Batya33 said:

If you follow each other -sure -but why not just wait till you see her in person again to continue the conversation? You know she is interested in speaking with you.  That's all you know now and all you need to know.

Yep, I agree with this. You'll be in her class the whole semester, so you don't need to rush.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, catfeeder said:

Yep, I agree with this. You'll be in her class the whole semester, so you don't need to rush.

Didn't mention that this was a special lecture by an outside professor, and we aren't on the same year. So it's up to luck if I meet her again...

On 4/12/2024 at 6:13 PM, Batya33 said:

The thing is that this was an out of the ordinary lecture and she's not on the same year as me. So if I leave it up to luck, I may not have this opportunity again.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:27 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Try to engage in more small talk, perhaps ask to go for a coffee or snack after class. Try to feel the situation out such as is she interested or does she have a BF? 

The problem is that she's not on the same year as me, that was a special lecture by an outside professor for all interested. And judging by her account, she either doesn't have a boyfriend, or she's hiding him really well (she has a lot of posts and stories).

On 4/12/2024 at 11:57 AM, Alokinga said:

Should I message her on ig since we follow each other?

Ok so why not connect on social media if you don't run into each other regularly? Please make sure she's single and interested before you just jump in. 

• Like 1

If it were me, I'd probably choose send a message, asking how her classes are going, and tell her a bit about the same on your end. See if she's open to a little bit of messaging and wait to see if she makes her own effort without you always initiating. And then if that goes well, maybe mention the time you usually go on campus to eat at a particular place and tell her it'd be great if she's ever free to join you.

• Like 1