Could a girl be so impulsive

37 minutes ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

Is it possible for a girl to be so impulsive that they would have sex with someone they are not even. Attracted to emotionally or physically. 

Are you dating her? How old is she?  Did you have sex with her? Was alcohol involved? Please be careful with double standards. 

5 hours ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

I mean as a man I could see it but even I still need to be physically attracted  

Yes that's you - individually. People choose to have intercourse for a variety of reasons including for money.

I asked because my gf of almost 10 years and fiancee of 6 cheated on me with one of my friends . Now my ex friend . And it was someone that is not in her league. Looks and maturity and financially.  And she stated she did out of impulsivity.  and that he made a move and by time she was able to think about what she was doing and the consequences it was too late. 

On 2/22/2024 at 12:58 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Are you dating her? How old is she?  Did you have sex with her? Was alcohol involved? Please be careful with double standards. 

I am dating her she is 30 yes we have kids together and together for ten years no she was sober.and double standards I belive have a place in society in certain things i.e why we on cheat vs men and why generally speaking a women cheating is worse than a man due to usually if a women cheats its more emotio ally driven if a man cheats its usually physically driven 

1 hour ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

I am dating her she is 30 yes we have kids together and together for ten years no she was sober.and double standards I belive have a place in society in certain things i.e why we on cheat vs men and why generally speaking a women cheating is worse than a man due to usually if a women cheats its more emotio ally driven if a man cheats its usually physically driven 

Is that what you plan to teach your children too?  People move towards pleasure and away from pain. She had sex because to her the pleasure was more important than any consequences. It’s really that simple. Doesn’t depend at all on gender. 

1 hour ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

my gf of  cheated on me with one of my friends . And she stated she did out of impulsivity.  

Sorry this happened. Hopefully you realize the reasons people give for cheating are usually nonsense. Drunk,  impulsive, just happened, etc, etc etc.. It's only to not take responsibility and gaslight you into thinking it was some sort of "mistake". 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

double standards I belive have a place in society in certain things i.e why we on cheat vs men and why generally speaking a women cheating is worse than a man due to usually if a women cheats its more emotio ally driven if a man cheats its usually physically driven 

I'm not sure if you're being serious here but if you are, I find it rather disturbing.  Cheating, no matter what gender, is equally wrong and equally bad.  No mistakes and no excuses. It all comes down to the same morals and values with both genders (imo).

• Like 1
On 2/24/2024 at 5:24 PM, Capricorn3 said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious here but if you are, I find it rather disturbing.  Cheating, no matter what gender, is equally wrong and equally bad.  No mistakes and no excuses. It all comes down to the same morals and values with both genders (imo).

Like no I agree its equally wrong. But when I say worse I mean that men can cheat out of primal instinct aka horney and  that be it with Wemon  there is usually an emotional component to it so likely have bonded to another 

I.e men cheat and be nothing g more but when wemon cheat its more of an affair then cheating 

• Confused 1
38 minutes ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

Like no I agree its equally wrong. But when I say worse I mean that men can cheat out of primal instinct aka horney and  that be it with Wemon  there is usually an emotional component to it so likely have bonded to another 

I.e men cheat and be nothing g more but when wemon cheat its more of an affair then cheating 

Strongly disagree on that. Having read through many many posts on this forum, and from knowing people who had affairs, women and men will have an affair for what ever reason the feel like. Acting as if one reason to cheat is slightly less bad than the other is just as specious.

Your GF acted scummy, the question is do you want to deal with the possibility she'll just get all horny again and throws her self on anything that gets her excited?

• Thanks 1
On 2/24/2024 at 1:35 PM, Lifelustlostadvice said:

... she stated she did out of impulsivity

Sounds like this was the only time she was caught.  Sorry, dude, but people cheat for a myriad of reasons, and sometimes it's just selfishness, and not always an emotional investment with either sex.  I know you are probably feeling low, and looking for reasons, but I guarantee this is someone you don't want in your life or ever marry.

• Thanks 1
On 2/24/2024 at 1:42 PM, Lifelustlostadvice said:

double standards I belive have a place in society in certain things i.e why we on cheat vs men and why generally speaking a women cheating is worse than a man due to usually if a women cheats its more emotio ally driven if a man cheats its usually physically driven 

this is your own double standard that supports your own rationalization of why you were cheated on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  This is clearly your own double standards (imo).

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Lambert said:

this is your own double standard that supports your own rationalization of why you were cheated on.

13 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  This is clearly your own double standards (imo).

16 hours ago, Lambert said:

16 hours ago, tattoobunnie said:

Sounds like this was the only time she was caught.  Sorry, dude, but people cheat for a myriad of reasons, and sometimes it's just selfishness, and not always an emotional investment with either sex.  I know you are probably feeling low, and looking for reasons, but I guarantee this is someone you don't want in your life or ever marry.

17 hours ago, Coily said:

Strongly disagree on that. Having read through many many posts on this forum, and from knowing people who had affairs, women and men will have an affair for what ever reason the feel like. Acting as if one reason to cheat is slightly less bad than the other is just as specious.

Your GF acted scummy, the question is do you want to deal with the possibility she'll just get all horny again and throws her self on anything that gets her excited?

I belive its wrong weather men or women cheat . I just belive While generalizations are difficult, research shows there are some gender differences when it comes to infidelity and its impact on relationships. Statistically, when men engage in infidelity the relationship ends less frequently than when women do, around 61% versus 39% of the time according to available data. However, it is important not to overgeneralize or make assumptions about any individual based on broader trends. So when I say worse I. Mean worse for the relationship statistically speaking  due to the odds of the relationship ending

21 minutes ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

I belive its wrong weather men or women cheat . I just belive While generalizations are difficult, research shows there are some gender differences when it comes to infidelity and its impact on relationships. Statistically, when men engage in infidelity the relationship ends less frequently than when women do, around 61% versus 39% of the time according to available data. However, it is important not to overgeneralize or make assumptions about any individual based on broader trends. So when I say worse I. Mean worse for the relationship statistically speaking  due to the odds of the relationship ending

I'd lose the statistical perspective in your particular situation -certainly if you choose to pursue and academic career related to this subject or some other objective analysis or read books about it for general interest  it might be very interesting.  You're lying to yourself if you think this is a productive way to deal with this situation.  Look at your relationship on a basic, common sense level - just yours- no one elses -and if this subject fascinates you pursue it in a different context.

• Like 1
On 2/24/2024 at 1:35 PM, Lifelustlostadvice said:

my gf of almost 10 years  cheated on me with one of my friends .  she stated she did out of impulsivity.  

How did you find out about it? Was it just a one time physical fling for her or was she having an emotional affair?

Have you been to couples counseling? Are you hoping to reconcile or preparing to end things?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lifelustlostadvice said:

List your source. lol