Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Chapter 3

dias

I went on a second date with the girl on Tinder. It went better this time at least in terms of the flow of the conversation. She is extremely smart. I give her that. Still I don't feel sexual attraction towards her. We kissed but still nothing. She said "so you are going to invite me to your house once you are back from the US??" and I replied with a hesitant yes. She was surprised. I didn't expect for her to be so direct when she didn't want to engage in any naughty conversations before and she caught me by surprise. For me to not be excited about sex is a first. 

• Like 1

Good thing: I am on the gate 

Bad thing: I have one stop to NY and it's rainy in Atlanta....jeez...hope the weather will get better once I am there.

Amazing thing: just accumulated 4000 watch hours on YouTube and I can start monetizing the ads. This is a milestone. I don’t think I will make any serious money but I am proud. One and a half years of work.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, dias said:

I understand it's the JFK but jeez 7 dollars for a bag of chips, the cheapest junk snack on earth...being a millionaire in NY doesn't mean much with those prices.

I always pack my own snacks when we travel - airport prices are crazy!

• Like 1
On 3/23/2024 at 12:43 AM, Batya33 said:

I always pack my own snacks when we travel - airport prices are crazy!

Usually either I don't eat at all or eat what they offer on the plane if it's a long flight. Bringing your own snacks is always the best. 

• Like 1

There is a bug on the website, it kicks me off my account when I try to access the main page....

I still can't sleep the normal hours due to the time difference, it takes a few days. That means my energy levels are not the best. Plus, I was sick for a month and I am still not 100% back, it took a toll on me. 

The weather is strange, in the morning it's super cold but later it's like summer, the temperature fluctuates a lot during the day. 

I do like Atlanta, it's my second time so I feel a lot more comfortable this time. I like the South. I could easily live in the South, it fits me. 

The dating apps go crazy here, I forgot about it. I am like wow relax people. The complete opposite from Greece for me. Land of opportunities indeed hahahaha. 

20 minutes ago, dias said:

Usually either I don't eat at all or eat what they offer on the plane if it's a long flight. Bringing your own snacks is always the best. 

Typically I'm with my son -so snacks for sure! I also pack my own lunch.  Luckily no more bottles of formula lol!

I live right on the coast (West coast of the US) and it's the same here, cold mornings and then absolutely lovely afternoons and evenings.  

I understand Atlanta is a lovely city.  I hope you enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

Of course I had to try a shooting range as I like to embrace the local culture. Playing with the new vlog camera although I am not in the mood to make a proper video. I still haven't recuperated completely so my energy levels are quite low in general. 

This new camera is quite nifty but it draws a lot of attention. Despite being very small it looks a bit of a James Bond gadget so people naturally are curious. Problem is some people don't like being filmed and I am hesitant to use it downtown with so many shady guys. This is midtown. 

I also visited bro's office in the uni. Older students were giving tours to prospective students and parents so I thought a virtual tour of the campus might be useful for some. Who knows. 

Most of the US cities and towns were named based on the original towns back in Europe. I always found this fascinating. There is a city called Athens next to Atlanta. I will visit it next time I am here. I would like to see how it is. Yesterday we were on areas called Norfolk and Cheshire.And I was thinking "damn I have lived in the original places how cool is that". Apparently none look as the original ones 😄 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dias said:

Most of the US cities and towns were named based on the original towns back in Europe. I always found this fascinating. There is a city called Athens next to Atlanta. I will visit it next time I am here. I would like to see how it is. Yesterday we were on areas called Norfolk and Cheshire.And I was thinking "damn I have lived in the original places how cool is that". Apparently none look as the original ones 😄 

Most of my Mums side of the family are from Norfolk! My Grandma still had a pretty strong Diss accent even at 96 years old, and she left when she was 17! 

Because of that, I find the accent really comforting! 

Also so many towns in the UK are twinned with European ones! New York is actually just; literally, the new version of York here in the UK, the original British capital, founded by the Vikings 🤣 as far as I know, watch me be corrected and get my uppance! 

x

• Like 1
10 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

Very cool! Looks like so much fun. 

I loved Miami since I first saw it from the airplane. Beats the coastal cities I have been in California. I could definitely live forever here and not go anywhere else. 

Bro came with his wife and we drove to Key West. Basically it's like the carribean. Florida ftw 🙌 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, dias said:

I loved Miami since I first saw it from the airplane. Beats the coastal cities I have been in California. I could definitely live forever here and not go anywhere else. 

Bro came with his wife and we drove to Key West. Basically it's like the carribean. Florida ftw 🙌 

My friend now lives in Key West part time and Boca part time (because of joint custody of her son) and is so enamored with KW.  I'd like to go visit someday.  I now have a lot of family in Boca Raton which is about an hour drive I think from Miami.

10 hours ago, dias said:

He's home! I have a feeling you will be back. 😄

• Like 1
6 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

He's home! I have a feeling you will be back. 😄

Hahaha. Finally I found it. Don't even have to think it. Miami has it all. Hope life will lead me here someday. 

We went on a sailing cruise for snorkeling on the reef. Dolphins followed the boat for several minutes. Amazing.

• Like 1

Key west is a 10. I would prefer living in Miami because I am a city guy but I wouldn't mind living in this tropical paradise. I said to my brother I wouldn't need any adaption period if I moved here. He laughed. Who would need? Lol

• Like 1

The difference between Greece and the UK is day and night when it comes to culture, traditions, landscapes etc. 

US is just another planet. Completely different world. First of all it's huge. Every state is totally different. You don't like a state you move to another. You don't like the weather you move to another. How amazing is this?

On 3/18/2024 at 10:07 AM, dias said:

Awesome.

People really hate him since he bought twitter. That says a lot.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:39 PM, dias said:

I understand it's the JFK but jeez 7 dollars for a bag of chips, the cheapest junk snack on earth...being a millionaire in NY doesn't mean much with those prices.

Nope. A million dollars is not what it used to be here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sea water somehow permeated my phone in Key West and it stopped working. So I had no phone or internet for a few days in Miami. In a way it was a nice break. Didn't have google maps so navigation was by remembering street names and asking people. The old school way haha.

I walked about 20-25 km everyday on average. I did a lot of exploration. Yesterday I rented a bike and I found it so easy compared to walking. I decided to go to Fort Lauderdale but little did I know. I mean it was doable to do it, I managed to go halfway in 2 hours of cycling so I could do it. The problem would be how to return back, 8 hours of cycling in one day is a lot for an inexperienced cyclist like me. The 3rd hour I started to get very tired, by the 4th hour I was about to collapse lol. It was nice though. 

I encountered a couple of 60-70cm Iguanas. I didn't know Florida had Iguanas. If I lived in Florida I would pet one hahaha. 

I am back to Atlanta today, I am leaving in 2 days unfortunately. It's so difficult for me to comprehend how much Georgia and Florida differ even though there are neighbor states. Florida is way better though (at least south Florida). 

• Thanks 1

Some photos:

A mesmerizing sunrise in the Key West. 

The rest is in Miami. Miami beach, the waterfront and the docks at sunset. 

And one of me with my most surfer look I can get. 

Mesmerizing sunrise.jpg

DSC_0095-HDR_Default.jpg

DSC_0125-HDR_Default.jpg

DSC_0206-HDR_Default.jpg

me.JPG

15 hours ago, dias said:

Some photos:

A mesmerizing sunrise in the Key West. 

The rest is in Miami. Miami beach, the waterfront and the docks at sunset. 

And one of me with my most surfer look I can get. 

Mesmerizing sunrise.jpg

DSC_0095-HDR_Default.jpg

DSC_0125-HDR_Default.jpg

DSC_0206-HDR_Default.jpg

me.JPG

Wow!!! It almost looks augmented - surreal!

Just need a pale coloured suit with the sleeves rolled up 😎🤣 🌴!

Nice tan Dias! Always been jealous of people who can develop or have a fab tan! It wasn’t in the stars for me unfortunately but I can respect it 🤣🪩

Checked out where the best place is to moor your future yacht? ‼️

x

3 hours ago, mylolita said:

Wow!!! It almost looks augmented - surreal!

Just need a pale coloured suit with the sleeves rolled up 😎🤣 🌴!

Nice tan Dias! Always been jealous of people who can develop or have a fab tan! It wasn’t in the stars for me unfortunately but I can respect it 🤣🪩

Checked out where the best place is to moor your future yacht? ‼️

x

Hahahaha thanks 🙂

You can get past the redness if you stayed somewhere warm and sunny all year round. The skin would adapt and you would get a nice tan. I have seen British with tan. It's feasible believe me lol but you need to be under the sun all year round, a little every day. 

Yeah, a yacht next to Trump's yacht. Joking with him about the secret documents he trashed in his toilet bin lol. He has a mansion there I think. 

The only drawback of Miami is that it's very expensive. A normal beer that you would pay 7-8 dollars in a pub in Atlanta, in Miami it's 25-30 dollars (and that's not on a fancy bar). You would have to think carefully before you ask a girl to buy her a drink lol