Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Chapter 3

dias

This is the last one we use for the choreography. The beat is relatively slow but when you dance it properly it feels like a sprint. 

I agree with P.Diddy, I need a pretty woman by my side too. Hahahaha

It's getting pretty busy at work lately with all those presentations and youtube videos and I am starting to feel overwhelmed. At least I spend a couple of hours in the evening either to work out or practice the choreography. 

I hate going to the gym in the afternoon when it's packed. I have visited many gyms around the world and they all share a commonality. Smelly dudes that is. And old men wandering around naked in the changing room.

There must be a sign when you enter a gym saying:

1. Take a motherf*cking shower before you come

2. We all have d*cks, no need to display it. Certainly not to other dudes...damn it doesn't even make any sense.

• Haha 1

A new shooting range opened in close proximity, 30 minutes drive from here. It's an outdoor one, I like the location, it's also next to a military base which is even better because people are more careful. I really liked it. It's an expensive hobby but I will join the local shooting club and spend a couple of hours every Saturday morning. 

It's not as fun as hip hop (not even close) but I really like it. It's worth spending a few hundred euros every month on this.

I think now I am doing all the activities I like. My schedule is pretty full. I believe if I add anything else I will do everything half-*ssed and I don't want to do that. 

I don't like my project at work and it's making me stressed, however, this is what is paying the bills so....

The guy is pretty quick-witted for his age. I like that he has no inner conflict for representing the mafia. 

Why in the mafia there is always an Italian-American called Tony? Every Italian-American is named Tony lol

It has been a very long day. I've been dealing with a coding bug 4 weeks now. 4 f*cking weeks. I could see my manager's face on the daily call, it was like saying wt*f are you doing all those weeks? This is the thing with coding, you could solve a bug in 20 minutes, you might need 2 months in other cases. It is causing me stress because it's an important task and debugging it is a painstaking and very time consuming process. Today I sat from 7am till now which is just right after 7pm trying to solve this sh*t. I believe I managed to find the solution, tomorrow I will have to test the data and hopefully everything would be ok. I didn't workout today, didn't go for a walk, didn't do anything else, all day was dedicated to this thing. 

The key when you are trying to solve a puzzle is to work without getting flustered or interrupted. If you start multitasking it ain't going to work. Which usually means you have to do it outside of the normal working hours since throughout the day you would have to join some calls etc etc. Fingers crossed the data would look ok tomorrow because I feel like pulverizing my computer. 

• Like 1

Hope the bug is fixed with the solution I provided. Let's see. I tested the data, it looks good. Next week will be the real test in production. It's an application for about 5K retail stores in the Netherlands. So even if there is a teeny tiny bug someone from all these stores would notice. Good because you get feedback(or complaints to put it more accurately) immediately, bad because there is always something that is not right. 

To be honest, I shouldn't complain at all even if I don't like the project. I work on the latest technologies as I wanted, I have good colleagues, I work remotely, I make very good money, there is a chance I could move to the US (we will see how realistic this is), I could work from anywhere in Europe, I could move to the London office (I see they offer 105K pounds which is not bad at all), I mean, realistically it cannot get any better, I have so much freedom and flexibility which is crazy for a corporate job. 

My manager asked me to create a teaser for promoting the online workshop we hold next month. I went to the office yesterday to have a nice/professional background and made it. I posted it on my youtube channel. Initially he told me there is a dedicated marketing team which will help you etc etc. Where is it? lol I did everything alone again. Better this way though, I do it my way.

At first he asked me if I can post it on my channel and I was hesitant because I didn't want my channel to get  affiliated with any company. The company has an official youtube channel with technical tutorials but it's not popular so they wanted to get viewers from my channel. On the inside, I was thinking, that's sneaky, they want to use my personal channel for their benefit. Then I thought, if I get noticed inside the corporation it would be easier to have a reference to transfer to the US. I don't care much about promotion or petty pay-raises but I do care about moving to the US. 

I hope the presentation will fare well, I am starting to prepare. And also hopefully they won't forget using me to become more popular. I want something in return too. 

• Like 1

On another subject, I don't think I can keep up with so many different activities (dancing, shooting, youtube, training and work) for very long. I will continue doing it for a year or so but then something needs to be dropped. The thing is, in whatever I do, I want to get better. So it's not only 1,5 hours of dance lesson once a week because I spend another 2 hours during the week to practice alone. It's not only going to the shooting range once a week, I educate myself about shooting during the week. Youtube videos of course could take from 5 to 20 hours per week from start to finish. 

Don't get me wrong I love all those activities, I wouldn't do them otherwise. I like many many different things. When I am on the beach and I see people sailing, I really want to try that too. It's sad we don't live long, I would need 20 lives to experience all the things I want. Paradoxically, my work is one of the few things in this world I don't like. Ain't life funny. 

But man, some days like yesterday I feel so lonely. I do chat with people etc but this does not feel the void. I don't have these days often but it hits me from time to time. 

4 hours ago, dias said:

On another subject, I don't think I can keep up with so many different activities (dancing, shooting, youtube, training and work) for very long. I will continue doing it for a year or so but then something needs to be dropped. The thing is, in whatever I do, I want to get better. So it's not only 1,5 hours of dance lesson once a week because I spend another 2 hours during the week to practice alone. It's not only going to the shooting range once a week, I educate myself about shooting during the week. Youtube videos of course could take from 5 to 20 hours per week from start to finish. 

Don't get me wrong I love all those activities, I wouldn't do them otherwise. I like many many different things. When I am on the beach and I see people sailing, I really want to try that too. It's sad we don't live long, I would need 20 lives to experience all the things I want. Paradoxically, my work is one of the few things in this world I don't like. Ain't life funny. 

But man, some days like yesterday I feel so lonely. I do chat with people etc but this does not feel the void. I don't have these days often but it hits me from time to time. 

Do you interact socially with people at these activities? Where you can get closer over time maybe? See them outside of the activities? I'm sorry you feel lonely. I love how broad your interests are and how you try new things!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Do you interact socially with people at these activities? Where you can get closer over time maybe? See them outside of the activities? I'm sorry you feel lonely. I love how broad your interests are and how you try new things!

Yes I do interact of course, chat in between and a bit after the lessons etc. But this is the extent, it didn't happen to find someone yet that I could get closer. However, it's not that I don't socialize, it's that all those interactions are superficial. I want something deeper, and to be frank, I believe the only way to find it is on a girlfriend. A girlfriend that I like and I find interesting apparently, not the ones in the dating apps or the ones I have met through friends because those don't cut it.....Who knows...Maybe someday the planets will align. 

• Like 1

I see the teacher doing these moves and although they look easy there are not. I mean to do it with style. When the teacher does it it's cool, when I try it's like a handicapped trying to dance lol

3 hours ago, dias said:

Yes I do interact of course, chat in between and a bit after the lessons etc. But this is the extent, it didn't happen to find someone yet that I could get closer. However, it's not that I don't socialize, it's that all those interactions are superficial. I want something deeper, and to be frank, I believe the only way to find it is on a girlfriend. A girlfriend that I like and I find interesting apparently, not the ones in the dating apps or the ones I have met through friends because those don't cut it.....Who knows...Maybe someday the planets will align. 

It sounds like you don't feel those interactions can progress to potentially closer friendships- maybe they know single women to introduce you to -have you asked?

6 hours ago, Batya33 said:

It sounds like you don't feel those interactions can progress to potentially closer friendships- maybe they know single women to introduce you to -have you asked?

No but I am not going to ask because every time I asked they brought girls I didn't like whatsoever. Which makes sense since they don't know my taste (and I am not easy at all). Then they say I am difficult and "ungrateful" implicitly. I can find a girl I don't like this is not the problem, the thing is to find a girl I like and the only person who knows what I want is me so I have to do it. 

The CTO of a middle size company in Germany (Irish CEO) pinged me on LinkedIn. I have to say I am flattered if CTOs try to recruit me, it feels good being wanted hehehe. However, I wouldn't even consider it at this point. For the next two years I have to stay at my current company, I need to see how things would pan out with the US transfer. 

I have to say, the youtube channel was the best thing I ever did career-wise. You start something for fun and for yourself and in the end this is your best card. 

That's why all my decisions right now are based on what my heart wants and not what logic dictates. I feel all these hobbies I started recently will eventually lead to something pretty good in the long term. 

Should have done this years ago. What can you do......you do better when you know better. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dias said:

No but I am not going to ask because every time I asked they brought girls I didn't like whatsoever. Which makes sense since they don't know my taste (and I am not easy at all). Then they say I am difficult and "ungrateful" implicitly. I can find a girl I don't like this is not the problem, the thing is to find a girl I like and the only person who knows what I want is me so I have to do it. 

OK I see you're not up for that idea.  I've been setting people up for about 40 years. One man I was set up with was a 7 year relationship.   Just tried again last week to set up a couple  but there was a specific reason I decided not to.  You absolutely can be as picky and selective as you want and choose only the methods that sound right to you!

It was a good day yesterday, I only did relaxing things. Went to the shooting range, hit the gym, walked on the beach (with a coffee of course lol), visited the dance school to chat a bit, went on a date with a woman from tinder. 

Unfortunately, she wasn't what I am looking for, no chemistry or physical attraction (I think from both sides), it was like talking to a friend. Not that I gained anything from the conversation but I guess it was better than staying home alone. All the girls I have met through dating apps all those years, none would be someone who would approach in real life. These dating apps are pointless for something serious. As a my childhood friend told me the other day, someone who has probably f*cked half of Athens so far from dating apps, the chances of finding a girl who you truly like from apps are pretty slim. 

Anyway, it wasn't that bad, at least she wasn't a nutcase or anything. She mentioned something of visiting my neighborhood once she is back from her trip. I don't know if she meant it because I didn't get any vibes she liked me. Go figure. Not that I care to meet her again. Unless she sends me first and I am horny that day lol

God, please mate, let me meet a girl like the Mexican girl and I promise, I truly promise, I will donate to the church and start attending the service on Sundays. I would even go to the church choir. But first the girl! Amen!

I noticed something recently. When I drink beer I am fine, I become a lot less uptight, more giddy and funny. When I drink whiskey it has the same effect at first but later I noticed an underlying aggressiveness. I am more tensed, more in the mood to start a fight (I never have this feeling when sober) and I am getting angry quite fast. It's the only time I would gladly engage in a brawl in the street/bar (which is stupid). 

Not good when you are on a date or with women in general. Need to remember not to drink whiskey again on a date. 

I have a pretty bad cough since Monday. I think I caught it on the dance lesson on Monday. Plenty of people were recovering from being sick. It also rains heavily this week. Not my best days. 

On 2/25/2024 at 8:53 AM, dias said:

I don't know if she meant it because I didn't get any vibes she liked me. Go figure. Not that I care to meet her again. Unless she sends me first and I am horny that day lol

She did in fact reach out. I forgot I gave her my phone number. I deleted my Tinder account as I got fed up but she texted me on my phone number on Wednesday evening. We texted back and forth and exchanged some voice messages. For some reason I don't believe she is interested but on the other hand she did reach out. Maybe she just want to expand her social circle or make friends and whatnot or wants a penpal or free therapy...I don't understand really. 

Funnily enough, the bartender from Barcelona texted me yesterday. Almost 2 months later. She asked me if I am still there....we texted back and forth this morning, exhanged a couple of voice messages too. I would be lying if I said that hearing her voice didn't make me smile. Her voice made me feel pleasant unlike the gal from tinder where her voice makes me cringe for some unknown reason. I texted her it's a pity we didn't get to know each other better when I was there, I really liked her. She told me she is so busy with the job hunting that she doesn't have time to even meet friends. She also said I didn't know if I liked her since I didn't know her. I replied chatting some hours in a bar is enough to gauge if there is attraction and there was from my side. She replied yes, it's enough to understand. She said if I visit Barcelona again to let her know. Most likely it will never happen. 

But damn, completely different psychology when you talk to a gal you like with one you at best pass the time or have sex. 

One of the best matches in boxing history! Legendary fight. Holyfield was a beast. 

I think I would prefer taking a bullet than an uppercut from these guys.