People Of ENA! A Question!

mylolita

21 hours ago, limichelle said:

I came here in 2015 right after my 11 year relationship ended. I was heartbroken and lost. This forum gave me the swift kick in the butt I needed. As I was also talking to a guy online at the time after the breakup. 

The members here have seen me through every heartache, disappointment and weird story I’ve told about my problems dating.

I even could come here for non relationship problems. I’ve had health scares and a trauma. This place is a place I can vent, get and give support. 

Everyone here gives valuable advice. Sometimes it’s not advice I want to hear but it’s advice that speaks the truth always.

I love my ENA family!

Hey limichelle!

I recognise your name also! 

It is like a family isn’t it ☺️

x

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Spawn said:

back in 2006, generally we are all nice human beings but life's experiences can keep all good things covered by a layer of emotions that need time to separate from the soul. People here i found more compassionate sometimes blunt sometimes they judge you but generally its good to see all that they share with you for you. Ultimately all advices help you know a part of you that you can never expect to feel otherwise in life , with the people around you .

This is very true Spawn!

I always feel like your replies are soft and peaceful; just like your profile pic! I always wondered, is that you!?

I also recognise your name here. You give good advice!

x

• Like 1
10 hours ago, HeartGoesOn said:

I landed here in 2007, 15 yrs ago, after a horrible breakup.  What helped the most was reading stories from members who were in the same boat.  From that I learned so much, and was no longer wet behind the ears.

I'm now married, much smarter, happy and addicted to Wordle.

Nice thread, Lo.

HeartGoesOn!

Of course I know your name! I also remember some of your posts from way back when I first joined myself! 

I’m glad you’re now happy! How long have you been married for? Can I ask how old you are?

And I keep hearing about this Wordle! 🤣 I don’t think I need anymore addictions so I will stay away! I’m no good with puzzles and games because I’m too thick - HA! It’s true, I have an extremely average IQ! 

Love seeing you swing by here Heart!

All the best,

x

6 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

I was lurking here for a full three years before I registered in 2009, 13 years ago. After lurking for such a long time I felt like I knew all the regulars really well, lol. I joined ENA when the other forum I was on (for 12 years) closed down/sold.  What can I say, I just enjoy message boards, lol.

Married for a lifetime, kids have grown and flown. These days I can be found in my "cave", which is what my hobby room is known as at home, a very sunny, happy and bright room, where I spend my time doing arts/crafts, sketching/painting, surrounded by all things that I love, especially music. My haven.  If I'm not in my cave you'll find me walking on the beach just a stone's throw from home.

Capricorn!

Another stand out username! 

And 3 years! Wow! You really checked out the scene! 

Your cave sounds - perfect! It reminds me a lot of a place where a friend I have, who is a mixture of hippy and upper class 80s ex yuppie, school girl crushes and religious talented artist has! Her room is also floor to ceiling glass windows. The most beautiful room. It’s chaos in there, littered with all her projects but it has this amazing smell too it and her Labrador is always curled up amongst a crumpled newspapers! 

What kinda crafts do you like to do?

x

I've been off and on here since 2012, or so the site claims.

Trying to remember if it was the friend I was crushing on hard (still close friends with her to this day after our "talk") or trying to come to grips with being perpetually (and unwillingly to be content) single. The advice was solid, so I stuck around to "torment" everyone with my semi cryptic thoughts.

I run a shady business, but I can't say more... But one of these days I need to prune that locust close to the office.

• Like 3
On 2/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, Blue68 said:

What a great thread!

Sooooo, I joined here in April 2009 .... very nearly 13 years ago!  Like most people I found this site due to my own emotional journey at the time.  I was quite the regular in the early days but in the latter years my visits to this site have been quite sporadic and, in fact, I've just returned after a 2 (or even more) year hiatus.  I created many threads of my own (some of which were later deleted by DN when my identity was discovered) but, later on, I felt it was more therapeutic to help others.  Sometimes, I would read my replies back and think that maybe I should apply them to my own situation!  It's odd how we see things differently when we aren't the ones in the middle of the emotional wrangle. 

I stuck around because .... if I'm honest .... I enjoyed the adult company and adult chit chat.  After I'd put my kids to bed and I was done with talking about Barbies, Tellytubbies or whatever girly drama had gone on at school, it was nice to feel part of an adult world.

Back in the day my username was A-Little-Blue (after my identity was blown).  When people would reply to me, they would call me "ALB", "Blue", "A Little" (amongst other variations) so I eventually asked if I could shorten it to make everyone's life easier.... so it was shortened to Blue68.  I would like to change it again to get away from the whole "blue" theme as I'm not blue anymore and haven't been for a long time .... but I think it's been changed too many times.

Fudgie, Capricorn, HeartGoesOn, CatFeeder, MadAboutDogs, Victoria66 (now Seraphim), DN, Sharkey, Tex Mex were all names I remember from my early days on here ..... and who can forget Shooting Star (now Pippy Longstocking), loved by so many. 

I don't know how long I will be around for this time.  I seem to have less time to myself .... but I like to pop back every once in a while.  I like the feeling of familiarity, though I have to say, the look and certain aspects of this site have changed somewhat since I was last here.  It has taken some getting used to, I can tell you!

Hey Blue!

I feel like I might even remember seeing your old username! Or is that in my imagination now you have told me?!

How old were your children when you used to come here on the regular?

x

On 2/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, Blue68 said:

What a great thread!

Sooooo, I joined here in April 2009 .... very nearly 13 years ago!  Like most people I found this site due to my own emotional journey at the time.  I was quite the regular in the early days but in the latter years my visits to this site have been quite sporadic and, in fact, I've just returned after a 2 (or even more) year hiatus.  I created many threads of my own (some of which were later deleted by DN when my identity was discovered) but, later on, I felt it was more therapeutic to help others.  Sometimes, I would read my replies back and think that maybe I should apply them to my own situation!  It's odd how we see things differently when we aren't the ones in the middle of the emotional wrangle. 

I stuck around because .... if I'm honest .... I enjoyed the adult company and adult chit chat.  After I'd put my kids to bed and I was done with talking about Barbies, Tellytubbies or whatever girly drama had gone on at school, it was nice to feel part of an adult world.

Back in the day my username was A-Little-Blue (after my identity was blown).  When people would reply to me, they would call me "ALB", "Blue", "A Little" (amongst other variations) so I eventually asked if I could shorten it to make everyone's life easier.... so it was shortened to Blue68.  I would like to change it again to get away from the whole "blue" theme as I'm not blue anymore and haven't been for a long time .... but I think it's been changed too many times.

Fudgie, Capricorn, HeartGoesOn, CatFeeder, MadAboutDogs, Victoria66 (now Seraphim), DN, Sharkey, Tex Mex were all names I remember from my early days on here ..... and who can forget Shooting Star (now Pippy Longstocking), loved by so many. 

I don't know how long I will be around for this time.  I seem to have less time to myself .... but I like to pop back every once in a while.  I like the feeling of familiarity, though I have to say, the look and certain aspects of this site have changed somewhat since I was last here.  It has taken some getting used to, I can tell you!

PS - what happened to PippyLongstocking?

I remember her username and kind advice so well!

x

On 2/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, reinventmyself said:

Good questions.  Great thread.

I found this forum in 2014 while navigating the trenches of online dating.  I had a pretty simple dilemma that I was making more complicated than necessary.  After years of not listening to that little voice that guides me, I got some much-appreciated tough love and quickly saw it for what it was.  I supposed I knew the answer already but needed a good kick in the backside to remove myself.

I've had support navigating a couple tumultuous (cringeworthy) relationships since then and when I found myself spinning, I could count on being straightened out rather quickly here. . lol

It's often easy to give others advise and not be objective about one's own life, but after some time you can no longer fool yourself if you are routinely attempting to support someone else in trouble. 

The back and forth exchange seems to fine tune your own focus and forces you to look at yourself.  That along with reading others sage advice resulting in becoming laser focused on my own values, actions and I trust my little voice now.   I'm 4 1/2 years into the healthiest relationship I've ever known.

I worked in operations for 18 years and recently semi retired.  But as I tell my ex-coworkers, I want to go on notice that I *resigned.  I am still trying to come to terms with the disappointing end of my career.  Reflecting back on my life, I seem to have an uncanny ability to endure toxic environments/relationships for long periods of time.  And yes, I used to come here during work hours on slow days.  Now I find myself in the morning, sitting in bed drinking coffee with my cat, lurking around.   

Reinventmyself originated around 2000 while going through an ugly divorce and in therapy.  I had found my first online support group for women in the same situation I was in.  It was an intense period of some fast and furious changes, reinventing myself. 

Personally, I am very grateful for all the advice, support and cyber friendships I have experienced in the collective past 12 years.  I am touched and sometimes astounded looking back at the little care packages I received in the mail from women I never laid eyes on!  Imagine that!  A small group of us here at one time even created our own Facebook page.  I may take break here and there, but I'll likely always come back❤️ 

That is so awesome reinvent! That online actions became tangible, real life interactions!

I recognise your username of course! 

I am glad you are now in a happy place! So nice to hear it working out for people ☺️

x

• Like 1
On 2/22/2022 at 8:43 PM, smackie9 said:

This isn't my first site I post on. Started doing this in 2000, 2001 there about on whatever sites were around then. I have made some good friends over the years and still coach a few privately. This is just a hobby that started in 1986 when I worked at night club. I worked coat check and gave plenty of dating advice there because the bartenders were way too busy to talk to. I still work and wish I could retire. I ended up here because Cyberlove or what it was before started to fail when someone bought the site. I'm still at the shack too and I know there are other who are on there. I got booted off this site a few times because of their strict rules...ah ya got used to the program so I stayed. great community too! Everyone always provides good advice here. 

Smackie!

Of course, a very nostalgic username! I remember your name from way back when!

What were the strict rules by the way? I have never heard of that site before!

x

23 hours ago, Coily said:

I've been off and on here since 2012, or so the site claims.

Trying to remember if it was the friend I was crushing on hard (still close friends with her to this day after our "talk") or trying to come to grips with being perpetually (and unwillingly to be content) single. The advice was solid, so I stuck around to "torment" everyone with my semi cryptic thoughts.

I run a shady business, but I can't say more... But one of these days I need to prune that locust close to the office.

Coily!

Another familiar name! I always love your posts!

Shady business! Oh my Lord - how mysterious! I never knew ENotAlone had advice from underground crime Lords 😉🤣

All the best,

x

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

I mostly do mosaic art, diamond art and mandala art. You'll probably need to google to see what it's all about. 🙂

I have seen the mandala art colouring books in the magazine and art sections but don’t know anything about what you have mentioned! Will have to give it a Google!

Everyone is turning out to be a crafty, artistic bunch!

x

42 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Hey Blue!

I feel like I might even remember seeing your old username! Or is that in my imagination now you have told me?!

How old were your children when you used to come here on the regular?

x

They were around 13, 10 and 3.  It was nice to have some adult interaction in the evening ... and to know, of course, that I wasn't the only one struggling as a single parent.

25 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Smackie!

Of course, a very nostalgic username! I remember your name from way back when!

What were the strict rules by the way? I have never heard of that site before!

x

That acyberlove site is still up but no one has posted there in years. As for enotalone the rules were strict about language when I first came here, but I see they have relaxed it a bit. You could always tell a new moderator was working lol. 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, mylolita said:

PS - what happened to PippyLongstocking?

I remember her username and kind advice so well!

x

I remember her saying that she needed to take some time out.  I think she would feel particularly down sometimes and felt that the site wasn't always good for her at those times. 

There was something so unique about Pippy's advice.  Somehow it felt like you where getting a great big virtual hug from a beloved friend ... but I never knew her story or why she found her way here.  

• Like 2