People Of ENA! A Question!

mylolita

1 minute ago, Blue68 said:

They were around 13, 10 and 3.  It was nice to have some adult interaction in the evening ... and to know, of course, that I wasn't the only one struggling as a single parent.

I honestly don’t know how on Earth you did it on your own Blue! Mega hats off!

I am only max 4 years into this parenting gig - I have a boy, just gone 4, a girl 2 and a half and another baby girl, turning 6 months, but I cannot imagine not having that eternal support of my husband. During hard times when things are difficult I often think; how on Earth do single parents cope?!

I hope you have plenty of sleep and relaxation now your girls are older!

Any parenting advice welcome!!!

x

5 minutes ago, Blue68 said:

I remember her saying that she needed to take some time out.  I think she would feel particularly down sometimes and felt that the site wasn't always good for her at those times. 

There was something so unique about Pippy's advice.  Somehow it felt like you where getting a great big virtual hug from a beloved friend ... but I never knew her story or why she found her way here.  

Blue,

That is so true - I felt exactly the same way about her advice. I will always remember her avatar as well. I so hope she’s doing well even though I don’t know her and never spoke to her personally. It’s a strange thing because I hardly react or message privately many users on here but somehow feel like I know them and their “voices” just through reading here on and off over the years and seeing the same familiar names.

I hope she is well. I feel like I understand what she means - this website is a double edged sword for me. Sometimes journaling and adding the odd piece of advice feels very helpful and therapeutic and releasing but at the same time, it can cause me to ruminate, which, I do with or without this message board but it can at times send me into overdrive! 

x

9 minutes ago, mylolita said:

I honestly don’t know how on Earth you did it on your own Blue! Mega hats off!

Any parenting advice welcome!!!

Thanks lo.  It hasn't always been easy but sites like this certainly do help.  

I've tried to keep a balance between parent and friend.  I know not everyone would agree with the latter but I've tried to maintain that balance so that they knew that they could come to me and tell me anything. I have always been realistic too and not expected my girls to be perfect.  As teenagers, especially, they were going to to through the same experiences that I did.  I wanted to be there for them when they did instead of being that disapproving parent who didn't expect their child to do those things that teens WILL inevitably do.  We've all been young.  We know the score.  All in all, we are all incredibly close and I love the relationship I have with them.

4 minutes ago, mylolita said:

hope she is well. I feel like I understand what she means - this website is a double edged sword for me. Sometimes journaling and adding the odd piece of advice feels very helpful and therapeutic and releasing but at the same time, it can cause me to ruminate, which, I do with or without this message board but it can at times send me into overdrive! 

I think that is exactly how she felt.  I hope she is doing well wherever she is.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, BecxyRex said:

I love this thread, Lo! I came here maybe in 2014 or 15 after a failed marriage and a rocky start with my now husband. Really crappy time in my life but we’ve gotten so strong since then 🙂 

I never knew you were divorced Becxy! And I didn’t realise you were re-married now! Congratulations!!! Is that a recent happy event!? 

❤️ 

x

• Like 1
On 2/24/2022 at 12:24 AM, tufntender said:

I got here  a million and some years back through AskMen. I usually lurk, I had a few questions back in the day. These days I just see if someone has a problem/ issue similar as mine.I work part time as a caregiver and also board and train all sorts of pets from cats to horses. :D

Turfntender!

Yes! It’s nicer than browsing online shopping or reading terrible world news! I get it! 

Ahhh horses! So beautiful! How many? You must have no fear! I am in awe of horses but a little scared! My friend had them and one bit her right infront of me - she gave it a bite back! 

x

9 hours ago, spinstermanquee said:

Since 2K7, came her for parenting advice and have been an irregular lurker ever since.  Thanks to all the wonderful posters who help on a daily basis (or an irregular basis, lol).  Love y'all!  <3<3<3

Feeling the love spinster, feeling the love!

Baby wise, what did you have, genders and ages? I am always curious! I’m in the midst of it now - so gorgeous but tiring x

On 2/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, mylolita said:

Posters of ENA!

I have got to thinking, and wanted to ask this, to all the familiar usernames and all the unfamiliar and everything inbetween! 

How did you all come to this site in the first place, and why?

Also, what do all you lovely people do?! I notice some of you always post - are you retired, posting whilst working (naughty!), working from home, running your own business? Basically, I am so curious how everyone finds the time and works this addictive, helpful, and unusual little forums into their own lives? 

How long have you all been here?

A big thank you as well, I know this is a strange question and not a problem. Maybe this will get deleted or maybe it should be moved (admin!) to a different category? 

I find myself coming here off and on over the years. People have helped me so much on here at times.

Always curious,

Lo x

I came here back in 2014 to ask advice about my break up with my ex-girlfriend. Then I found that I actually like giving advice more than getting it lol I also found out that this forum is pretty addictive lol

For the past 8 years I've been working mainly for not-for-profit organisations as a welfare worker with people with disabilities, mental health, addictions, and other struggles. I've been in my current job for nearly six years but I'm going to leave in November because I'm actually expecting a baby!

In the past I used to work in retail like expensive department stores and at Borders bookstore.

Anything else you'd like to know, just ask  🙂

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Tinydance said:

I came here back in 2014 to ask advice about my break up with my ex-girlfriend. Then I found that I actually like giving advice more than getting it lol I also found out that this forum is pretty addictive lol

For the past 8 years I've been working mainly for not-for-profit organisations as a welfare worker with people with disabilities, mental health, addictions, and other struggles. I've been in my current job for nearly six years but I'm going to leave in November because I'm actually expecting a baby!

In the past I used to work in retail like expensive department stores and at Borders bookstore.

Anything else you'd like to know, just ask  🙂

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! 

When is your bundle due?! How gorgeous!

And am I correct and okay to ask - are you female Tiny? And in a relationship with another woman? If so, how have you managed navigating becoming a parent? Always interested!

Lo x

• Like 1
Just now, mylolita said:

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! 

When is your bundle due?! How gorgeous!

And am I correct and okay to ask - are you female Tiny? And in a relationship with another woman? If so, how have you managed navigating becoming a parent? Always interested!

Lo x

Due in November  🙂 I find out the sex very soon through some genetic blood tests I'll be doing. Well I identify as pansexual in my sexuality so basically it means someone who is attracted to all genders, or to all people regardless of gender. I actually do have a male partner now who is very excited about the baby as well. Thanks so much for the well wishes 🙂

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tinydance said:

Due in November  🙂 I find out the sex very soon through some genetic blood tests I'll be doing. Well I identify as pansexual in my sexuality so basically it means someone who is attracted to all genders, or to all people regardless of gender. I actually do have a male partner now who is very excited about the baby as well. Thanks so much for the well wishes 🙂

Oh wow that is amazing news! 🤩

I absolutely, oh my God!!!!!! ADORE the newborn stage! They are SO TINY! Smell amazing 🥲 All the best!!! Such a beautiful time for you both!

x

I happened upon this site in 2015 after a breakup that left me emotionally destroyed.  I'm sure the old posts are still here somewhere.  I dont care to look back at them ever.

Since then, I didn't come back for 5 years, just logged out and never looked back.  Why do I post some now....I dont know.  I see younger folks post on here in the midst of emotional turmoil and I think I have enough sense and experiences to maybe ease their pain a little or just flat out help them realize their decision making.

I post from my phone while at work some, but its mostly at night when I'm settled in.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, spinstermanquee said:

I got one ready made from the factory at age 5, a little walking talking miracle that was the most amazing girl - if I had ordered her from a catalog I couldn't have done better 😉  She is 30-something now!

Haha! Awww Spinster! Insane! What does it feel like to have a daughter who is 30 something?!? 

x

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, adviceplease2 said:

I see younger folks post on here in the midst of emotional turmoil and I think I have enough sense and experiences to maybe ease their pain a little or just flat out help them realize their decision making. 

adviceplease2, thank you so much for trying to give back to this community <3<3<3

From what I recall, I came to the site through the Quarter Life Crisis website. After reading the book, I came on here to see where everyone else was in life around my age group. Supposed to start a new position as a Business Operations Analyst this coming Monday. Next month I’m turning 45. Never been married and have no kids. Any other questions feel free to ask. 😀

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, beatlesfan77 said:

From what I recall, I came to the site through the Quarter Life Crisis website. After reading the book, I came on here to see where everyone else was in life around my age group. Supposed to start a new position as a Business Operations Analyst this coming Monday. Next month I’m turning 45. Never been married and have no kids. Any other questions feel free to ask. 😀

Beatles!

That’s fantastic! Congratulations on your promotion! 

And yes I do Beatles if you don’t mind! 

1) What is your favourite Beatles song!

and 2) Did you get over your crisis!

Best, 

Lo

x

On 2/19/2022 at 4:07 AM, mylolita said:

Posters of ENA!

I have got to thinking, and wanted to ask this, to all the familiar usernames and all the unfamiliar and everything inbetween! 

How did you all come to this site in the first place, and why?

Also, what do all you lovely people do?! I notice some of you always post - are you retired, posting whilst working (naughty!), working from home, running your own business? Basically, I am so curious how everyone finds the time and works this addictive, helpful, and unusual little forums into their own lives? 

How long have you all been here?

A big thank you as well, I know this is a strange question and not a problem. Maybe this will get deleted or maybe it should be moved (admin!) to a different category? 

I find myself coming here off and on over the years. People have helped me so much on here at times.

Always curious,

Lo x

I’ve been a member since 2017, I originally found this site because I was searching for advice on how to date (such a nerd haha) and came across this forum; I ended up joining it because I was enjoying my interactions and wanted to be part of!

I used to post a lot, like daily, but I haven’t been very active for the last few years… life just took over I guess! 

As for what I do… I work in IT as a people manager, and I am also a certified professional coach.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mylolita said:

Beatles!

That’s fantastic! Congratulations on your promotion! 

And yes I do Beatles if you don’t mind! 

1) What is your favourite Beatles song!

and 2) Did you get over your crisis!

Best, 

Lo

x

Thank you Lo I appreciate that!  I'm pretty excited as it's something I'm interested in and the type of work I like doing.  If you consider my social and love life my crisis, then I would say no.  LOL! 

My favorite Beatles song, that's a toughie.  From the mop top days I would say Do You Want to Know a Secret.  The early drug days I would say Tomorrow Never Knows.  The post-concert days I would say Day In The Life.  Then finally the last few years of their career together I would say Something.  I guess it also depends on my mood at the time.  You?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, maew said:

I’ve been a member since 2017, I originally found this site because I was searching for advice on how to date (such a nerd haha) and came across this forum; I ended up joining it because I was enjoying my interactions and wanted to be part of!

I used to post a lot, like daily, but I haven’t been very active for the last few years… life just took over I guess! 

As for what I do… I work in IT as a people manager, and I am also a certified professional coach.

Interesting Maew!

An actual professional on here! Advice life coach? That area of things?

I had a friend who hired a life coach once!

x

2 hours ago, beatlesfan77 said:

Thank you Lo I appreciate that!  I'm pretty excited as it's something I'm interested in and the type of work I like doing.  If you consider my social and love life my crisis, then I would say no.  LOL! 

My favorite Beatles song, that's a toughie.  From the mop top days I would say Do You Want to Know a Secret.  The early drug days I would say Tomorrow Never Knows.  The post-concert days I would say Day In The Life.  Then finally the last few years of their career together I would say Something.  I guess it also depends on my mood at the time.  You?

Excellent that you sailed over it Beatles and got to the other end! Good luck for Monday!

Being British, you would think I would love the Beatles but I am actually not that much of a fan! I’m sorry! Hahaha! I am a Rolling Stones kinda gal!

But! My favourite is probably Black Bird, and Michelle! 

x