Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here! (part two)

boltnrun

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I love chocolate chip cookies, so I baked some last week.  Ate two dozen over the course of a week.  And ended up with a massive zit breakout on my chin 😞

On a lighter note, here's one example of the many beautiful historical buildings in my neighborhood.  This one was built in the early 1920s.

regis.jpeg

I love historical architecture. They don’t make them like they used to. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the cutest thing on my morning walk.  There was a man who was pushing a stroller with a little girl in it.  She looked to be maybe three years old.  Anyway, they were right behind me for several blocks.  I decided to walk to the new park/playground and then turn around and head back toward my apartment.  The little girl saw the playground and was obviously delighted.  She had a big, happy smile on her face as she got out of the stroller and ran toward the play equipment and started to climb on it with her dad keeping an eye on her.

Something so simple but it made me smile.

• Like 3
On 4/11/2022 at 1:28 AM, boltnrun said:

I saw the cutest thing on my morning walk.  There was a man who was pushing a stroller with a little girl in it.  She looked to be maybe three years old.  Anyway, they were right behind me for several blocks.  I decided to walk to the new park/playground and then turn around and head back toward my apartment.  The little girl saw the playground and was obviously delighted.  She had a big, happy smile on her face as she got out of the stroller and ran toward the play equipment and started to climb on it with her dad keeping an eye on her.

Something so simple but it made me smile.

This is so adorable Bolt.

Hits home with me because I get to see that look on my toddlers faces every morning! They have such verve and energy and happiness for life, it’s infectious. Cute cute cute!

x

2 hours ago, greendots said:

Thank goodness for coffee! 😋

One of my favorite moments of the day is waking up, the house is quiet, and having some coffee while contemplating the day ahead. 

I always remember this article I read, stories of an Arctic explorer many years ago. When he got back home, first thing he did was sit in a diner and drink cup after cup of fresh brewed coffee. And he felt himself again. I get that. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

One of my favorite moments of the day is waking up, the house is quiet, and having some coffee while contemplating the day ahead. 

I always remember this article I read, stories of an Arctic explorer many years ago. When he got back home, first thing he did was sit in a diner and drink cup after cup of fresh brewed coffee. And he felt himself again. I get that. 

Same here.  I've most recently learned to adjust my schedule.  I no longer stay up night watching tv.  It's boring and seems like a waste of time staring at flickering box mindlessly.  I am now going to bed earlier so I can wake up and enjoy the mornings for the same reasons you just described.  

• Like 1