Ladies, thoughts on possible interest from woman at restaurant?

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

I saw it as a more friendly encounter.  I am cool with whatev.  I realize most are saying she is "buttering me up", but not allowing me to tip her does not quite align.  In any case, I was just sharing the interaction.  I didn't go there "hoping" for anything.  I think she was just in a place of comfort as I was not trying to hit on her, ask for a number, etc.  Just chit chat.  Totally cool with it.  

She might be playing the long game.  You know, one on the house, bigger tip next time. Sorry, if she were straight up every time with you (being an efficient waitress, small talk but nothing that is really flirty or anything) not accepting a tip might mean something but all the pinching and stuff -- can you honestly think she doesn't treat other customers the same

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jon said:

I saw it as a more friendly encounter.  I am cool with whatev.  I realize most are saying she is "buttering me up", but not allowing me to tip her does not quite align.  In any case, I was just sharing the interaction.  I didn't go there "hoping" for anything.  I think she was just in a place of comfort as I was not trying to hit on her, ask for a number, etc.  Just chit chat.  Totally cool with it.  

My guess is her boss lets her do this as a way to lock in your future patronage and interest- and tips. 

Just now, Batya33 said:

My guess is her boss lets her do this as a way to lock in your future patronage and interest- and tips. 

Whatever it was, their hospitality is saving me some cash!  If her telling me she was off the clock was a line, they take role play quite far there as she even changed back into normal clothes when she sat down with me....lol  

It was interesting though as I got to learn about this special menu they force these girls to eat from.  They even limit how much and when they can eat.   Anyone imagine dealing with that?  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Jon said:

It was interesting though as I got to learn about this special menu they force these girls to eat from.  They even limit how much and when they can eat.   Anyone imagine dealing with that?  

It's ok to appreciate a friendly place and a pretty face. Just patronize the place and enjoy the situation.

When you are ready, you can put a good profile and pics on some dating apps and start talking to and meeting available women.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

Whatever it was, their hospitality is saving me some cash!  If her telling me she was off the clock was a line, they take role play quite far there as she even changed back into normal clothes when she sat down with me....lol  

So? You’re endorsing it or a patron if you’re spending money there. What does that say about you? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

Kind of like Johns might do with prostitutes?

You may want to start thinking with the head above your waist and avoid "breastaurants" because this sounds sketchier and sketchier the more you post about it.

• Like 1
Just now, MissCanuck said:

If you continue to fuel this business by spending money there, you support it. 

I do!  But even if folks think I am lying, I'd like this place more without the "breastaurant" theme.  The concept is solid!  encourage staff to engage customers beyond the simple 'do you need another?'  The atmosphere is more alive,  and customers interact with each other.  I've talked to a bunch of other people there.  

I've been on the earth a while now and I think been in a strip club twice.  It grosses me out!  

I have also avoided breastaurants most of my life.  Mostly because I would be out looking for a partner and IMO, that is the last place where you might find a quality chick!  I would imagine many females specifically avoid those places.  

matter of fact, there is on of these places that recently just killed the "skimpy girl" theme entirely!  Apparently it was not working and the owners felt they were losing a ton of family type business, so they covered the girls up.  

I swear I should be in this business!  I have always been fascinated how you can drive an atmosphere through music, lights, staff, and surroundings.  This point could not be better made than the modern "day blaze" of lighting when it's time to leave.  It kills the mood.  

Just now, MissCanuck said:

You missed my point completely about what exactly you're supporting. 

LOL, I see that now!  My error.  You were referencing the "forced starvation".....  She did say if a girl is preg, she gets anything she wants.  Wonder how that works in that business......?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jon said:

She is not forced.  She is not forced to work there.  She's chosen a job that focuses on her physical attributes.  I'm sure plenty of similar jobs like modeling have restrictions on how much a model can gain, etc.  

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

LOL, I see that now!  My error.  You were referencing the "forced starvation".....  She did say if a girl is preg, she gets anything she wants.  Wonder how that works in that business......?

It works the same.  The woman who is pregnant can choose how she treats her body. If a woman who is pregnant chooses to work at this establishment she is agreeing to abide by their dietary rules as well.  These employees are not girls or chicks -they are adult women who are working hard at a job.  Are they minors? The way you describe these adults is odd since you claim you want to interact with them on an adult level -presumably an equal level.  But by referring to skimpy girls/chicks/pregnant girls you seem not to regard them as such.

1 minute ago, Batya33 said:

It works the same.  The woman who is pregnant can choose how she treats her body. If a woman who is pregnant chooses to work at this establishment she is agreeing to abide by their dietary rules as well.  These employees are not girls or chicks -they are adult women who are working hard at a job.  Are they minors? The way you describe these adults is odd since you claim you want to interact with them on an adult level -presumably an equal level.  But by referring to skimpy girls/chicks/pregnant girls you seem not to regard them as such.

Isn't there a fairly significant age difference?  Perhaps calling her a "girl" enhances the attraction.

Just now, Batya33 said:

I have been bit at a few times online for not saying "women".  I will have to remember that.  Obviously none of these 'women' are being forced to do anything.  But the level of control by their employers is pretty amazing.  But no, apparently there are no dietary rules for pregnant 'women'.  They are free to order off any menu, as much as they want.  

I don't care either way.  I was just sharing.  Not sure why online convos have to be so hostile.  

4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Isn't there a fairly significant age difference?  Perhaps calling her a "girl" enhances the attraction.

But he's also referring to potentially pregnant employees as "pregnant girls" and referring to chicks and skimpy girl themes, etc.  I really don't think an age difference warrants him referring to this waitress as a girl.  He said he might want to date her.  Does he date young girls or women?

Just now, boltnrun said:

Or it could actually be that the friggin article that was linked above for one breastaurant actually calls them GIRLS!  They refer to themselves as such!  TPGs!!!  

Just now, Jimmy Jon said:

I have been bit at a few times online for not saying "women".  I will have to remember that.  Obviously none of these 'women' are being forced to do anything.  But the level of control by their employers is pretty amazing.  But no, apparently there are no dietary rules for pregnant 'women'.  They are free to order off any menu, as much as they want.  

I don't care either way.  I was just sharing.  Not sure why online convos have to be so hostile.  

I'm not being hostile - you are speculating and questioning the terms of employment which you only know because she told you - she being someone who wants to keep getting tipped so perhaps her story is meant to garner sympathy as opposed to being accurate.  I am sure that many actors are controlled in various ways by film or tv production companies, etc  - including their social media activity, etc.  The employer is not controlling them.  They are agreeing to these rules.  They want this job for whatever reason.  This woman wants the job it seems.

Just now, Jimmy Jon said:

Or it could actually be that the friggin article that was linked above for one breastaurant actually calls them GIRLS!  They refer to themselves as such!  TPGs!!!  

Yes it makes sense because part of the theme and appeal is to objectify women and people who objectify women often refer to them as girls -perhaps the person who wrote the article does.  Would you like if a woman addressed you as "hey boy!" -or if this woman did when she took your order?

I also find the term "breastaurant" somewhat icky.  They don't serve breasts (well, perhaps chicken breasts!).  The term implies people go there specifically to look at women's breasts, not for the food or the decor or the music or lighting style.

But, you will always find young women willing to work at those places because they either find it fun or they make more money there or they have no choice.

Some might say it's the same as being a pro athlete.  Athletes are paid for their bodies' performance.  And they are required to maintain a certain fitness level or they can't perform and will therefore lose their jobs.

I'm not opposed to those kind of restaurants, BTW. People can make money whatever way works for them.  As long as it's honest work I have no issue.

Just now, Batya33 said:

I'm not being hostile - you are speculating and questioning the terms of employment which you only know because she told you - she being someone who wants to keep getting tipped so perhaps her story is meant to garner sympathy as opposed to being accurate.  I am sure that many actors are controlled in various ways by film or tv production companies, etc  - including their social media activity, etc.  The employer is not controlling them.  They are agreeing to these rules.  They want this job for whatever reason.  This woman wants the job it seems.

LOL, so now she was feeding me a line regarding their dietary rules to get better tips?  I mean, I would not say I fully understand women, but I can usually figure out sincerity vs BS pretty easily.  I would guess telling me where she lives and leaving her purse and phone with me while she went to the bathroom was staged too?  Maybe I would slip a few grand in her purse?  

I was just sharing what was told to me.  I don't think she had any motivation to lie.  We were just having a conversation.  

6 hours ago, Jimmy Jon said:

If you continue to spend money in a such a place, well, it evidently works just fine.  For you and all the others who support them financially, anyway. 

Bottom line, this woman knows how to work her customers. You're part of the whole scheme. She keeps you warm and coming back and the bosses surely like it. It's not out of the ordinary.