Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

Have you shared this with your partner/family? Not everyone is turning red with rage or pulling out their hair or thinking other people are threats.. If that is happening in your household, you need some telemedicine therapy, not random musings. This situation is indeed taxing and unfortunately it brings out all the preexisting flaws because it's harder to sweep them under the rug..

It really burns me up when people claim it's a hoax when there is so much coming out of NYC and even other cities. You think they are stacking bodies in cold trucks and mass graves for funsies? For the Instagram clout? Really?

I hope they get sneezed on.

It really burns me up when people claim it's a hoax when there is so much coming out of NYC and even other cities. You think they are stacking bodies in cold trucks and mass graves for funsies? For the Instagram clout? Really?

People like this deserve to get the virus, problem is cause they don't view it seriously they'd pass it on.

Like you I'm a key worker, I'm lucky I've been in maternity leave since it all kicked off. But it's horrible when you're working right there in that environment and you have fools like that saying we're lying..

Me too!

Well, that was horrifying. The lab was set up great they were all really well protected. But the friggin clients🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 I wanted to beat them with a stick. I almost ran out.

I'm sorry :(

They wouldn’t allow anyone in the waiting room when I went for my extraction. The first dentist did have people in the waiting room but I wore my mask and stayed far away from the others. There were I think about 5 people in there.

I hope you were able to get what you needed done so you don't have to go back.

I'm sorry :(

They wouldn’t allow anyone in the waiting room when I went for my extraction. The first dentist did have people in the waiting room but I wore my mask and stayed far away from the others. There were I think about 5 people in there.

I hope you were able to get what you needed done so you don't have to go back.

Yes , I got my blood work done so I don’t have to go back for a few months anyway.

The thing is all the clients were crowded inside the door before you get into the lab part and there’s no way these people were 6 feet apart. They didn’t want to stand outside because it was snowing. Well ; sorry but I’d rather freeze to death than get a disease. When I finally got inside the building portion I told people 6 feet apart and stand back!!! Inside the lab they were only allowing five people at a time.

People are desperate, angry and grasping at straws. People are exhausted from the isolation, the unknown, the Armageddon look at stores, the economy, the news etc.

People are getting weary of death tolls, the lack of unified protocols, the unanswered medical questions. If someone wants to take supplements (albeit useless) the placebo effect alone may be worth it. Heck if someone said wearing purple shoes helps, millions of people would probably try it.

Although the well intended We-Are-The-World messages and advertising seems to try to be positive, it is and remains an individual struggle. All of it. The isolation, the illness itself, etc.

Hang in there, try not to stress too much and let everyone have their remedies, no matter how silly. My main concern is resurgence and the uncertainty in immunity.

My cousin said to take zinc and vitamin C and get some sun.

Problem is, my cousin said that is ALL that is needed. She said it's not serious and that people can avoid the virus by doing those things. She wasn't just trying to comfort people or herself, she was MAD. Her pet sitting business has had to stop. I get it, she's stressed, but telling people that the virus can be stopped with zinc and sunlight is just silly.

That's ok there is ignorance everywhere and there always will be. If she is a vexation to your common sense, delete/mute her posts. People are dropping like flies where I am but pointing fingers at fools won't help. As long as you are well informed who cares what kind of crazy theories people have? Old as the hills. Keep your thoughts on a logical even keel and you'll be fine.

Problem is, my cousin said that is ALL that is needed. Her pet sitting business has had to stop.
That's ok there is ignorance everywhere and there always will be. If she is a vexation to your common sense, delete/mute her posts. People are dropping like flies where I am but pointing fingers at fools won't help. As long as you are well informed who cares what kind of crazy theories people have? Old as the hills. Keep your thoughts on a logical even keel and you'll be fine.

I didn't point a finger at her. I simply muted her.

I am not stressed over it either. I do find it annoying but that's it.

So sad. 😞

Really believe you guys will be ok. Try and get out fast as possible.

So a nurse has died after just having her baby, from covid... there's an 11 week old baby boy in hospital with covid.

This is terrifying me. Can I cross my legs until this is all over.

With gd I have to stay in 24 hours to check baby blood sugars. I really hope I go naturally else it'll be a c section. I'm terrified 😨😭

I never had gd, but I had a severe hemorrhage and spent 4 days at the hospital. If everything is well I would get out as fast as you can.

Butterfly, it will be okay. Thousands of women across the world have c-sections everyday and they are just fine, as are their babies.

I know of many women who have had c-sections and it was totally fine. You might have soreness, but that's with natural birth as well.

You will have well trained doctors and nurses taking care of you, and making sure you're okay. I know it's hard not to worry, but it will be okay.

We read about the stories where things went wrong with Covid, but we don't hear the things that went right. There are still hundreds, thousands of children being born daily and both mother and baby are okay.

Try to focus on that, okay? (hugs)

I agree with Sherry, I really do think you'll be okay. I hope I can put your mind at ease.

At every hospital I've ever been to, they have their own separate birthing wards, most times it's an entire whole floor, just for moms in labor and other things. You have to be specially trained to work in maternity/OB-GYN. They aren't going to float their staff elsewhere. You're not mingling with COVID people or people from ED and the workers who are taking care of those populations are not going to be taking care of you.

As patients go in a hospital, you're probably one of the "safest" in the sense that you will be on a labor floor, not a general one, and you will be away from all of that nonsense. The health of moms and their babies is really, really, really important and everyone takes that safely. That's one of the reasons labor floors have always been segregated from other areas of the hospital. You're not ill like every other person in the hospital and we want to keep you that way.

Keep in mind that when people talk about getting COVID in a hospital setting, they mean things like waiting rooms, crowded EDs, improperly cleaned exam rooms (probably rushing between patients!). You should not and will not be exposed to that. You're not going to the ED, you're not going to sit in a waiting room, you're going to be whisked away to the labor floor.

Thank you everyone for the reassurances. It's just a very uncertain and emotional time right now. So conflicted, excited to meet baby, but also want baby to stay put until this is over.

We don't know the true number of cases or deaths in the UK. Only death toll we have is based on hospital deaths, care homes and home deaths aren't being recorded in official figures here :(