jul-els

Do you think she could go to some kind of a rehab facility for her recovery? It shouldn't take more than a month or so for her to heal and get back to normal, unless you are thinking of some kind of assisted living.

I don’t know. I think that will depend on how the surgery goes, what the doctors say, what she wants to do, and what we can afford.

I hope your mom does well with her surgery. My 85-year-old mother-in-law had her hip replaced about five months ago. She did very very well. She was back to living on her own again in very few short weeks. She was gone home within three or four days. My mom had a total knee replacement 2 1/2 years ago and she went home the second day. I went to assist her for two weeks and after that she was pretty much up and moving around.

Again I hope your mom does great with her surgery and recovery.

I hope your mom does well with her surgery. My 85-year-old mother-in-law had her hip replaced about five months ago. She did very very well. She was back to living on her own again in very few short weeks. She was gone home within three or four days. My mom had a total knee replacement 2 1/2 years ago and she went home the second day. I went to assist her for two weeks and after that she was pretty much up and moving around.

Again I hope your mom does great with her surgery and recovery.

That’s very encouraging. Thank you so much.

I'm sorry to hear this, jul. At this point, your best option would be to contact social services provided by the hospital ASAP, (imo).

One day at a time...

Thank you. She got through the surgery and is doing fine, so that’s one major hurdle down. Now I just have to see what the doctor says.

Well, things are getting difficult already. The doctor said she needed an MRI and she refused it. He said she would probably need three weeks in an assisted care facility for rehab, which she is also arguing about. My brother, sister and I are on the same page that she needs to listen to the doctors and we are going to tell her so. I’m meeting with her case worker tomorrow morning to get more details. I will then pass the information along to my brother and sister and the three of us will come up with a plan on how to get her to cooperate. I just hope we can get her to come to her senses and stop arguing with the doctors and us. Difficult.

Well, we got her to agree to the skilled nursing facility. The case worker was very helpful. Once she came in and stated the facts, it made it very easy to argue our case and convince her. Thank god!!!!! Now she’ll get some good rehab care before she goes home. So far, so good.

Well, we got her to agree to the skilled nursing facility. The case worker was very helpful. Once she came in and stated the facts, it made it very easy to argue our case and convince her. Thank god!!!!! Now she’ll get some good rehab care before she goes home. So far, so good.

Hang in there. Things are off to good start!

Hang in there. Things are off to good start!

Thanks! It hasn't even been a week yet and I'm exhausted, lol. Lots of changes I'm having to shoulder. But this is the adjustment period. I'll settle into it. It's going to continue for me once she gets back home. It's a long road ahead, lots of things to take care of. I've always only had to take care of myself in life. Now it's me, and elderly person, two dogs and a house. A whole new paradigm. Lots to do.

Thanks! It hasn't even been a week yet and I'm exhausted, lol. Lots of changes I'm having to shoulder. But this is the adjustment period. I'll settle into it. It's going to continue for me once she gets back home. It's a long road ahead, lots of things to take care of. I've always only had to take care of myself in life. Now it's me, and elderly person, two dogs and a house. A whole new paradigm. Lots to do.

Just try to focus on the moment. Creating a plan is good but at the same time trying to anticipate what's coming around the corner will make you crazy. One day at time.

Just try to focus on the moment. Creating a plan is good but at the same time trying to anticipate what's coming around the corner will make you crazy. One day at time.

Oh, I know, thank you. Just gearing up to work, that's all. Rolling up my sleeves, as it were. I'll deal with all of it as it comes up, one thing and one step at a time.

Archived