Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

Feel like crap since starting Janumet. I either feel tired or pukey and ears constantly ringing. I might call the doctor’s office next week. I woke up this morning feeling like I was going to puke my brains out. I literally can’t eat after 6PM or I will puke because it sits on my stomach and if I don’t eat enough I will puke too . 

• Sad 1
48 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yikes.  I'm sorry.  Maybe there's another medication that doesn't have such severe side effects.

Yeah, it is pretty bad. The ears is the worst. It is annoying as all hell. Sure my blood sugar is down, but worth all this ? Not so sure. If I have to persist I will but want to see if there is something else which doesn’t kick my arse, pretty sure you’re not supposed to feel like this . 

• Sad 1

I will let people know that diabetic meds and testing strips are expensive. $150 for 100 testing strips and $150 for 50 days worth of meds. So if you don’t have insurance ,ouch. Thankfully , we do. And we only pay $4 a month for our insurance. After my husband retires it will be about $100 a month or more. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I'm glad eating helps!

I felt so so bad this morning I could barely struggle up the street to get the kids on the bus. Didn’t help the sidewalks were coated in ice. I am trying to persist with my medication. I have been taking it faithfully. Holy cow some days are rough though. I went back to sleep after I got back from the bus run. Some days I am really ok and others just, no. I am always always tired. My body hasn’t settled yet. 

• Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I felt so so bad this morning I could barely struggle up the street to get the kids on the bus. Didn’t help the sidewalks were coated in ice. I am trying to persist with my medication. I have been taking it faithfully. Holy cow some days are rough though. I went back to sleep after I got back from the bus run. Some days I am really ok and others just, no. I am always always tired. My body hasn’t settled yet. 

I guess your doc wants you to continue, hoping it will improve?

When I was originally put on my current BP med I called my doctor crying because it caused the most horrific, graphic, violent nightmares. I don't even want to describe them they were that awful and terrifying. He pleaded with me to stick it out because my BP was doing so much better. After about a month thankfully the nightmares ended. And they have never come back and my BP is also doing well. But when I was put on an anti anxiety med a few years ago it caused severe suicidal ideation so I was taken off of that med and put on a different one because my doctor didn't want to take a chance. 

I hope you are either able to adjust or there's a better medication for you. 

7 hours ago, boltnrun said:

When I was originally put on my current BP med I called my doctor crying because it caused the most horrific, graphic, violent nightmares. I don't even want to describe them they were that awful and terrifying. He pleaded with me to stick it out because my BP was doing so much better. After about a month thankfully the nightmares ended. And they have never come back and my BP is also doing well. But when I was put on an anti anxiety med a few years ago it caused severe suicidal ideation so I was taken off of that med and put on a different one because my doctor didn't want to take a chance. 

I hope you are either able to adjust or there's a better medication for you. 

Something has to happen because I feel like crap more days than not . 
feeling exhausted 

feeling like I will throw up 

feel like I am going to pass out or fall asleep. 

nightly heartburn 

constant tinnitus 

Last night was really really bad. I woke up at 2:38 with the worst nausea. It took 45 mins to go back to sleep . Then 3:43 hubby woke up hacking and hacking and hacking which woke me up again. He gets really bad dry mouth from his meds so he can cough a lot when he feels dry. I was totally beside myself and went to the couch. Then 4:30 the cats were pulling their food bag across the kitchen . Believe me theses moose are not hungry. They weight 15 and 20 pounds. They just never want to see an empty bowl. 

I am so exhausted I could cry. I am getting the kids on the bus in half hour and then I am having a nap for a bit before I start all I have to do today. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Last night was really really bad. I woke up at 2:38 with the worst nausea. It took 45 mins to go back to sleep . Then 3:43 hubby woke up hacking and hacking and hacking which woke me up again. He gets really bad dry mouth from his meds so he can cough a lot when he feels dry. I was totally beside myself and went to the couch. Then 4:30 the cats were pulling their food bag across the kitchen . Believe me theses moose are not hungry. They weight 15 and 20 pounds. They just never want to see an empty bowl. 

I am so exhausted I could cry. I am getting the kids on the bus in half hour and then I am having a nap for a bit before I start all I have to do today. 

I really hope you get to nap!

• Like 1