Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

I haven't eaten McDonald's for YEARS and that's because every time I did I felt just awful afterward. That crap isn't food and it has zero nutritional value (of course I realize you know this 🙂 ).

Your plan to eat healthy and exercise daily should have a good impact on your numbers. 

21 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I haven't eaten McDonald's for YEARS and that's because every time I did I felt just awful afterward. That crap isn't food and it has zero nutritional value (of course I realize you know this 🙂 ).

Your plan to eat healthy and exercise daily should have a good impact on your numbers. 

I was until my husband’s brain injury and then it all went to shyte. Not looking forward to my appointment tomorrow. 😓

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm sure you've been super careful with your diet and exercise so it must be frustrating. What does your doctor suggest? 

I talk to my doctor on the 12th. My A1C was 7.6 this time and 7.3 last time. I am normally 6-6.4.  For the past 6 months I got into a bit of snacking at night ( popcorn) and eating super at about 7. All way too late plus the lack of exercise I was doing. So it all has to stop. I am not necessarily eating too many bad things just eating too late and not doing enough to stay fit . Ya know ? My other blood work is more or less ok. I know what I need to do but feel defeated and I have to admit I have been depressed since my husband’s injury which has lead to more eating and lack of motivation. 

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

That's great progress! You should be able to turn things around in a big way with this program.

There are times I don't feel like going for a walk and want to laze on the couch instead. But I go and I always feel great after.

It should help for sure !! The doctor said the biggest issue is exercise in relation to diabetes along with what you put in your mouth, but exercise drives the sugar down. 

• 3 weeks later...