summablairr

I'm seeking therapy and have found a new therapist and I'm taking medicine. I'm hoping this will help.

This is good, and when you need to write, write. You're always welcome here. You can also dial or write to any of the support hotlines on the Internet to speak with someone who's trained in this area, and you can also ask for a referral to a counselor who is local to you. That's not the same a therapy, it would be in addition to your therapy, because people who work hotlines and shelters and prevention groups are trained to help you form a plan to stay safe during a breakup and they can help you stay strong enough to stop your part in engaging anyone who is bad for you.

I'm not trying to sound repetitive or be burden to this forum, since some responses just brought up old posts I written in the past(years ago) . I honestly feel like some responses were just belittling and had some bullying undertones. Not trying to sound like a "victim" and I'm Not trying to start any arguments, but when someone is asking for help and have asked multiple times, there are obviously some issues there. Please try to be kinder. To the ones who were kind and genuinely gave me advice, I truly appreciate it . Thank you so much.

Honest advice based on the info given isn’t always going to be what you want to hear, doesn’t make anyone a bully and yes you are attempting to victimize yourself. You are in a toxic cycle with this guy, posters caught onto it and pointed it out. How is that bullying?

I don't know enough about your other health issues, but choosing to continue a relationship with an abuser is absolutely not going to make you healthier.

I can choose to gorge on donuts and cheeseburgers and then complain I'm overweight and lethargic, but isn't what I choose to eat my responsibility? As is my own health?

If you want to be healthy and feel better, getting rid of toxic trash is a huge step in the right direction. Even if it's difficult. Totally worth it.

In all honesty yes he is abusive, manipulative and controlling. I have been in similar circumstances. And unfortunately it can be hard to break the cycle. If you're someone like me, who has always struggled with feelings of self worth, confidence and a history of sexual abuse, you want attention and you crave any attention whether it be good or bad. I'm not saying that your background/history is like mine but kind of putting things into perspective. Even though my last relationship was toxic and he was realistically abusive verbally and mentally I still wonder on occasion if things could of worked out, and I hate myself for it because it was a terrible relationship.

Your best bet is to definitely lock him out of your life completely. I know that it's hard, but for your mental wellbeing it is a must. No one should be treated that way. And good on you for seeking help. And I hope that you get better soon. And know that there are people out there that have been in similar situations. Some people are not strong enough to admit it. Good luck lady!

Archived