Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

So, my husband got a leave pass to go visit his mother. The military has eased up on restrictions a bit. And what happens she needs a Covid test. My ass , she has allergies and has had them for years. She doesn’t have Covid she has “ crazy”. Just another reason for him to be outsider.

As of Friday we move into phase two of our re open. Salons, Malls and restaurant patios can open with restrictions. We can also gather in groups of 10.

I was supposed to see my mom Sat as well but she put a million restrictions on it so I said I was staying home. She basically had complaints that my husband has gone to work some days , does his side business, my son can’t stay still and would be all over her place. I said fine we won’t come. And then she said ,”well I didn’t mean that! I want you to come” I said no, I am not making my son be “ not autistic” because that’s impossible and he’s already beside himself. We are coming from a low impact area to your high impact area so we have far greater chance of getting it where you are. But just know after I restart daycare we REALLY can’t come.

I understand.

I wanted badly to hug my kids but I love them enough to not want to potentially put them in danger. I've only been running errands (grocery store, laundromat, pharmacy) but still...

And once I go back to work that will be twice as necessary as I will be around more than 150 people in close quarters. My company has had many, many cases in many locations so the possibility of exposure is high. And one of my kids went back to work this week and didn't want to take any chances since their office had an employee test positive last month. So, they're trying to keep me safe too.

It seems a lifetime ago since we all sat in a restaurant together enjoying dinner. That was the second week of February. I chose not to see them when I came back two weeks later because I thought we'd have plenty of chances. Ah, well...

I understand.

I wanted badly to hug my kids but I love them enough to not want to potentially put them in danger. I've only been running errands (grocery store, laundromat, pharmacy) but still...

And once I go back to work that will be twice as necessary as I will be around more than 150 people in close quarters. My company has had many, many cases in many locations so the possibility of exposure is high. And one of my kids went back to work this week and didn't want to take any chances since their office had an employee test positive last month. So, they're trying to keep me safe too.

It seems a lifetime ago since we all sat in a restaurant together enjoying dinner. That was the second week of February. I chose not to see them when I came back two weeks later because I thought we'd have plenty of chances. Ah, well...

Here we only have 405 new cases in the country, 203 in my province but not in my area. It was total chaos in Walmart today, people think because we enter stage two tomorrow that it’s a free-for-all . People were not following the arrows they were practically all over each other I told one lady she was going the wrong way in the isles and she told me she didn’t care.

Too many people don't care. It's a hoax or it's just like the flu or it's better to get herd immunity or the weather is warmer so the virus will die. Or it won't happen to me, or I had a cold in January so I probably already had it. I've heard them all.

One of my favorites was when a friend who's a cosmetologist posted a petition asking people to sign it so she could go back to work. She mentioned that blow drying wouldn't be allowed. And someone commented "but heat kills the virus! Blow drying should be allowed!" Um, yeah, I believe the temperature would have to be over 150 degrees. If her hair stylist set the blow dryer to 150 I doubt she would find it very comfortable!

Too many people don't care. It's a hoax or it's just like the flu or it's better to get herd immunity or the weather is warmer so the virus will die. Or it won't happen to me, or I had a cold in January so I probably already had it. I've heard them all.

One of my favorites was when a friend who's a cosmetologist posted a petition asking people to sign it so she could go back to work. She mentioned that blow drying wouldn't be allowed. And someone commented "but heat kills the virus! Blow drying should be allowed!" Um, yeah, I believe the temperature would have to be over 150 degrees. If her hair stylist set the blow dryer to 150 I doubt she would find it very comfortable!

Heat kills the virus 🙄 ... as it explodes in South America and Africa... SUUUUUURE. Some of these people I swear never passed preschool.

Heat kills the virus 🙄 ... as it explodes in South America and Africa... SUUUUUURE. Some of these people I swear never passed preschool.

But they saw it on TV! They read something about it on Google! Their best friend's brother in law's dad told him!

It has been a depressing few days. There were some days I just didn’t even get dressed and just sat on the couch. We did drive my husband and I down to my mom and mother-in-law‘s area on the weekend. We visited my mom for about half an hour in the lobby until her superintendent tossed us out. We visited my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. My husband got a compassionate leave to go down. On Friday my mom’s area moves into a phase 2.

Many people now that we are in phase 2 think that the virus has disappeared and they’re not wearing masks in Walmart ,shopping or anything. There was 181 new cases I think in the province today.

I walked 10,000 steps today I went on a walk with my son this morning and my husband and my son this evening. That seem to help a little bit.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Depression can be rough. I hope it lifts soon.

My area is the same way, no one is taking things seriously anymore and no one is taking precautions like they were. It's aggravating. I can definitely see a second wave happening.

Walking is great and a really healthy way to try to get some of the negative feelings out as well as getting fresh air.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Depression can be rough. I hope it lifts soon.

My area is the same way, no one is taking things seriously anymore and no one is taking precautions like they were. It's aggravating. I can definitely see a second wave happening.

Walking is great and a really healthy way to try to get some of the negative feelings out as well as getting fresh air.

I am just afraid we will never have a normal life again . 😞

I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with my friendship with J. I have been thinking really what does she offer me?? And I really can’t come up with anything.

When I was working on my A1 C numbers she kept telling me my results weren’t that great. When really my doctor thought they were fabulous. Whenever I’m really down she always phones me or text me with something that’s horrible. She really only wants to see me when she is getting something out of it.

Yup, I need a more positive influence. I will just let this phase out and we move next year anyway.

I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with my friendship with J. I have been thinking really what does she offer me?? And I really can’t come up with anything.

When I was working on my A1 C numbers she kept telling me my results weren’t that great. When really my doctor thought they were fabulous. Whenever I’m really down she always phones me or text me with something that’s horrible. She really only wants to see me when she is getting something out of it.

I have taken a few walks a day the past few days which has helped with the depression. I go with my son for one walk in the day and then with my husband and son in the evening. Soon it will be back to work. And I think I will do what is good for me.

Having some sort of routine helps so much. Fresh air and quality family time too. You'll get through this.

As for J, I think she started showing her true colours a while ago and has gradually made less and less effort, as she was getting her needs met without needing to offer much..

I am actually kind of excited about a move. As much as I hate change and after moving 37 times in my life eh do I really want to do it again ? I don’t know ,there’s a bit of excitement to it. I know where I want to go but both my husband and my son want go in the opposite direction.

I was going to dye my hair pink but.... eh as an officer’s wife it might raise some eyebrows. My husband said he can’t tell me how to have my hair but just remember I will be mixing with his CO’s wife and the Base Commander’s wife. He said I know you like to be vibrant and “ crazy” but you might have to do that out of their presence, you know how tongues wag.

I am actually kind of excited about a move. As much as I hate change and after moving 37 times in my life eh do I really want to do it again ? I don’t know ,there’s a bit of excitement to it. I know where I want to go but both my husband and my son want go in the opposite direction.

I was going to dye my hair pink but.... eh as an officer’s wife it might raise some eyebrows. My husband said he can’t tell me how to have my hair but just remember I will be mixing with his CO’s wife and the Base Commander’s wife. He said I know you like to be vibrant and “ crazy” but you might have to do that out of their presence, you know how tongues wag.

Can get hair chalks and colourful hair spray if hippi want to temporarily go funky colours.