Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I don’t know we have kind of changed your mind about our holiday this year. We might go somewhere on the eastern seaboard. We would book it right now but my son is not sure if he wants to go or not and wants time to make up his mind.

J wants us , meaning her and myself to go away somewhere for a weekend. All we ever do is work and very little else.

And there should be concrete laws about cyber bullies and stalkers.

My son had an issue with something that happened in our faith community and now he won’t go. It is not that he is questioning his faith at all he just wants a new community. The base chapel has a Catholic Mass at 9 every Sunday. He can walk there.

I am disappointed as well and it is the reason I can’t sing anymore. 😓 It left me in tears the past few Sundays.

My anxiety is reaching crisis level like where I need to go to a doctor or hospital. The schools here now have closed for three weeks. Almost every event around me has cancelled our community centre is closed except for mental health. Another one of the returnees has covid19. I may have to close my daycare for three weeks depending upon what the government has to say. Which would be major.

My brother lost $260,000 in the market fall and is suicidal. Last night he asked me to take one of his children.

I just can’t deal with anymore.

I have ALWAYS had apocalyptic fears since I have been about 10 years old. Of course that is anxiety driven. But there’s not many generations in Canada that would remember anything as massive as this maybe people who live through the war in Europe. People who have experienced some kind of genocide. So we have no experience and the unknown creates fear and panic.

Did one of your kids get diagnosed with the virus? Or one of their parents or grandparents?

No, all are well. My panic disorder is just totally out of control right now. I am waiting for them to close daycares. Fact it doesn’t matter since I am a private daycare I can close at will. I am just waiting for my province to make the move. I only have two children for three days and then everybody’s out for a while. I would rather take the financial hit. And I am isolating unless it’s to get things absolutely necessary.

It is just my panic condition totally out of freaking control and hubby has gone for a run to get himself under control. I am fighting the urge that I’m going crazy I know I’m not but that’s how it feels.

No, all are well. My panic disorder is just totally out of control right now. I am waiting for them to close daycares. Fact it doesn’t matter since I am a private daycare I can close at will. I am just waiting for my province to make the move. I only have two children for three days and then everybody’s out for a while. I would rather take the financial hit. And I am isolating unless it’s to get things absolutely necessary.

It is just my panic condition totally out of freaking control and hubby has gone for a run to get himself under control. I am fighting the urge that I’m going crazy I know I’m not but that’s how it feels.

Do you have any behavioral tools you can use to manage the panicking?

I have anxiety but I tell myself that panicking and anxiety have never solved any problems and will not cure anything. Anxiety exists to help us identify threats (as I'm sure you know) but it can't fix the problem we're anxious about. I love to garden so that helps. I also clean because I am so particular about cleaning so it takes all my focus.

I hope you are able to feel better soon.

Thanks everyone.

I am also worried about my father who goes for dialysis three times a week at the hospital. His health is very precarious. My mom has a fatal lung disease and my in-laws are in their late 80s and my father-in-law lives at the hospital. I am just terrified for them as well.

I know it's tough Seraphim (((hugs))). I think all of us are considering all the possible scenarios but none of us know how it's going to go and it might not be even half as bad as our minds make it out to be.

Try and keep the faith. I hope you get a good sleep tonight.

Prayers for you and your family.

My anxiety is reaching crisis level like where I need to go to a doctor or hospital. The schools here now have closed for three weeks. Almost every event around me has cancelled our community centre is closed except for mental health. Another one of the returnees has covid19. I may have to close my daycare for three weeks depending upon what the government has to say. Which would be major.

My brother lost $260,000 in the market fall and is suicidal. Last night he asked me to take one of his children.

I just can’t deal with anymore.