Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Let me say my father made almost every Christmas I ever had an unmitigated misery on purpose because he loves to make people upset because he sadistic that way. Christmas is extremely extremely special to me so I go out of my way to make it happy and especially for my own child because my childhood was horrific. So when people post about their family wars on threads that are supposed to be happy it sets off my PTSD. And just yesterday I had to see my father AGAIN to get my son’s and my nieces Christmas gifts. And again he was nice tricking me to get me there and when I got there was a misery from hell telling me how much he enjoyed bugging me.

So hence I really don’t like hearing about other people’s horror stories on what I really kill myself into making something happy. I suffer really bad PTSD at Christmas ......

Oh... I thought that's what this site was for... silly me.

I am seeming to get over this sinus infection with my steroid nasal spray and coconut oil. Yay! My laryngitis is going away.

My mom is pretty mad at me because I was pretty miserable Christmas Day. But Jeebus even with her hearing aids in I have to repeat everything 50 million times with no voice and I felt like crap.

We are sooooooo happy to finally be home! The truck is in getting rear brakes. Today we might go to the city near us and then tomorrow go to TO.

I have ideas I want to spend my Christmas money on. I have to convince myself to get out of bed first , but after 3 days of not being home all 3 of my cats are laying on me and kneading and purring. I prefer male cats myself as I find them more affectionate. All three of cats are male, two of them are brothers from the same litter. Two of the cats are very attached to me, one of the brothers and our elderly cat. The other brother prefers my husband.

Excited to be with my cats and in my own house.

I saw my nieces and my brother on Christmas. My 13 year old niece is one inch shorter than my son! She is 6’ . She is the youngest and tallest of her sisters. All of them are close to 6 feet though. My eldest niece seems a lot better on new meds. 😊

My brother is either going to start his own financial company or retire to an Island off Honduras. He wants us to go with him and buy houses and go into like B&B sort of business. My husband is going there with him in Feb to scope things out.

My brother would be taking my mom and step dad there to be happy the rest of their days and we would join my brother when my husband retires.

Yesterday I walked 1O KM. I have a hot spot on one of my poor little feet. Exercise good for the diabetes not the hot spot. My son won the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament were he went to play in TO yesterday. They gave him 1/2 off his purchases. He said he won every match he played. He never told me until I asked because he doesn’t like praise at all. We bought him a smart TV for Christmas and my mom and step dad one.

At the Eaton Centre I got a citrine tennis bracelet and earrings to go with the ring I got for Christmas.

Work starts again on Thursday. 😩. No more holidays until July. I love my littles but I am so so so tired. I knew it would be exhausting but not how much.

Today we are expecting lots of freezing rain and power outages. Fun.

Had a wonderful drive today to a beach around here we didn’t know existed. The wind off the lake was just pounding the waves. Hubby and I just sat and held hands. Then we came home and I made a shrimp ball and we are watching Christmas movies. I took some pics of the waves off the lake but photobucket has been totally messed up for almost 3 weeks.

The swelling is finally going in my hand. It hurts much less.

Since I don’t have enough of my med I don’t sleep through the night . Back to insomnia. I will have to talk to my dr about 2 pills a day. My ventolin ran out on Christmas Day . So I need a prescription for that. I have to call my dr’s office.

I had to keep readjusting my knee all night.

I am in another fashion show next week.

When I was 14 Ford Models tried to recruit me, but my mom felt I was too young.

I just do local shows for local boutiques. I also enjoy the singing to do. Then becoming my own business owner.

I feel I have finally come into my own. ❤️