Circumcised vs Uncircumcised

asdf

A typo isnt made more than once.

"Big vagina lips", "small boobs", "strechmarks" are also normal, hasnt stop people from talking against it/preferring otherwise

Anyway Ive already said my piece. Lies shouldnt be constantly expected to make others feel better. Sorry.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is, there are medical benefits proven for male circumcision. The fact that prostitution rates correlate to HIV infection rates does not negate the directly studied findings that random men - in a specific country - that are circumcized are statistically less likely than other random men - in that same country - to contract HIV.

However, to be pragmatic, the HIV issue isn't really a concern in North America and Europe... the more real concern is HPV and Herpes, and circumcision has proven to reduce the risk of BOTH of those by SIGNIFICANT amounts (around 30%). EDIT: Ok, here's a link.. link removed.

Also, while the UN/WHO has declared female circumcision as being a human rights violation (genital mutilation), they simultaneously recommend (or are considering recommending) male circumcision to stem the AIDS epidemic in Africa.

Again, I'm not trying to say one or the other is better.. I just want to make it clear of what facts/studies/information is currently available.

I'm still not convinced... I've read half a dozen articles on this subject and none of them present a definitive answer as far as circumcision preventing disease of any sort. At best, there is conjecture and incomplete data which could indicate a protective element to the surgery. But to say that the removal of the foreskin is a reasonable answer to this possibility of STI, HIV and HPV would be similar to saying that mastectomy is a suitable method to preventing breast cancer or that the removal of one's teeth is a reasonable way to prevent cavities (link removed). I'm just not buying it.

I can understand that Daria simply prefers the look of a cut penis... But if she lived in a part of the world where that kind of thing simply did not happen, it would be a nonissue for her. My girlfriend is French. Circumcision does not often happen in that country. Were I cut, I would appear bizarre to her (though I should hope that she'd still care for me one way or the other).

I'm still not convinced... I've read half a dozen articles on this subject and none of them present a definitive answer as far as circumcision preventing disease of any sort. At best, there is conjecture and incomplete data which could indicate a protective element to the surgery. But to say that the removal of the foreskin is a reasonable answer to this possibility of STI, HIV and HPV would be similar to saying that mastectomy is a suitable method to preventing breast cancer or that the removal of one's teeth is a reasonable way to prevent cavities

+1

Why isn't there a lot of talk in Europe about using circumcision to control the spread of STDs? Most males in Europe are uncut.

Saying that circumcision decreases the risk of STIs is like saying that a mesh glove reduces the risk of mutilation when you put your hand in a mincer - if you weren't putting yourself at risk it shouldn't be an issue.

If you're going to have unprotected sex with someone, you should make sure they're clean.

Circumcision only decreases risk in unprotected one-night-stand scenarios. If you are regularly having unprotected sex with someone carrying an STD, you ARE going to get it. Reducing risk means nothing if you keep engaging in the risky behaviour.

I might as well just copypasta my earlier posts, since lecturer has a point RE this thread going round in circles, but seriously, some of the claims made in this thread have been plain stupid (yes, on BOTH sides).

I wonder if discussing circumcision isn't awfully similar to discussing religion or politics lol... I don't know if it's possible to change peoples' minds on the subject (which, lets face it, is what we're all trying to do - convert people lol)

Circumcision only decreases risk in unprotected one-night-stand scenarios. If you are regularly having unprotected sex with someone carrying an STD, you ARE going to get it. Reducing risk means nothing if you keep engaging in the risky behaviour.

I'm not convinced that circumcision actually does decrease risk of STD transmission. The data coming out of Africa might be better explained by other factors than circumcision. More work needs to be done here to come to any sound conclusions.

If it was clear that circumcision significantly reduced the risk of STD transmission, there would probably be more of it going on in Europe, where the resources are there on a scale that they are not in Africa.

I'm not convinced that circumcision actually does decrease risk of STD transmission. The data coming out of Africa might be better explained by other factors than circumcision. More work needs to be done here to come to any sound conclusions.

If it was clear that circumcision significantly reduced the risk of STD transmission, there would probably be more of it going on in Europe, where the resources are there on a scale that they are not in Africa.

It has been shown in several clinical trials too. This is from the CDC link removed

I know that people who are uncircumcised don't want to believe it's true, but a lot of research has been done on this and the results are pretty conclusive.

Personally, I don't really care either way. I would make a guy get tested before having unprotected sex with him regardless. If I had a kid, I probably wouldn't circumcise him though. I don't like the idea of putting a newborn through that. If he wanted it when he was older, then fine.

It has been shown is several clinical trials too. This is from the CDC link removed

I know that people who are uncircumcised don't want to believe it's true, but a lot of research has been done on this and the results are pretty conclusive.

Thanks, that was informative. Compelling, yes, but I'm not sure it is conclusive - a lot of that data comes from studies of African populations, and there is a study showing that the availability of prostitution in African countries better explained STD rates in various countries than does circumcision. Still, I can buy into the arguments that the area underneath the foreskin would probably store more virus than when the area is dry (no foreskin), and that there is a risk of tears in the foreskin that is obviously not present when there is no foreskin.

Even if the studies on this are overwhelmingly conclusive, it's a tradeoff. Somewhat decreased STD risk (and of course there are other ways to reduce STD risks, which even the circumcised man would need to practice to minimize risk of infection - e.g., condoms, partner testing, etc.) vs. increased rate of sexual dysfunction related to loss of foreskin.

Here's an interesting study:

link removed

"The reduction in erectile function was statistically significant. Some men were unable to have erection after the procedure but even those who were able to have sex with the same partner before and after the procedure reported worsened erectile function."

There are nearly daily posts in ENA about ED - I wonder what the breakdown is between cut and uncut?

I may sound like i'm repeating myself, but as long as the guy is clean and has no STD's, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

I clean mine.

There might be some cobwebs down there due to inactivity with another person. But I think is smells aiirght.

I had partners that have been both circumcised and uncircumcised, and in my wholly personal opinion uncircumcised is better. They get more enjoyment out of certain aspects of sex, they are easier to please. I live in the UK and the vast majority of men are uncircumcised, so when I first saw a circumcised one in the flesh as it were, i thought I looked mutilated. It had a scar from the circumcision on the shaft ,and to be frank I didn't know where to start with it. There is nothing inherently dirty about the genitals! I wouldn't sleep with someone with bad bodily hygiene anyway, someone that is clean is clean all over. A man that showers everyday will have no problems. There seems to be more than a hint of the body being dirty on this thread. The human body is totally beautiful and to feel that something is a "design fault" and have it removed is very odd to me.

cos only african countries have prostitutes *rolls eyes*

anyway to the post above

^uncircumcised is too bloody sensitive in my opinion. it's also not about just taking a shower, they have to clean under that extra skin. same way merely taking a shower isnt the way to clean the vagina

sadly not alot of guys take the time to clean their bodies in general, circumcised or not so being uncircumcised and unhygenic at the same time = bad results.

sadly not alot of guys take the time to clean their bodies in general, circumcised or not so being uncircumcised and unhygenic at the same time = bad results.

This is true. I've come accross way too many guys who don't wash their hair (even if you shave it off, your scalp still stinks!).

It seems to me that the decision to be circumcised is not a decision that the men who are have any control over because their parents choose to have them circumcised. There are men who choose to be circumcised later on in life but I think that the matter is a personal decision. We can all state our preferences but it seems to me that preferences about whether which is better or more enjoyable is a mixture of preference (based upon social/cultural factors) and rhetoric that each of us had heard about why one is better than the other.

Medically there is no advantage or disadvantage to being circumcised, instead doctors view it as a personal decision that the parents or the male will make. The only medical evidence out there are studies that suggest there seems to be a correlation between circumcised males and their female partners having less incidences of cervical cancer.

anyway to the post above

^uncircumcised is too bloody sensitive in my opinion. it's also not about just taking a shower, they have to clean under that extra skin. same way merely taking a shower isnt the way to clean the vagina

okay, so why don't we knock out our teeth because we have to brush them? or cut off fingers because "Those damn nails get in the way"

seriously, your points are not good ones. and it's not offensive to compare clitoral circumcision with male circumcision, seeing as there are certain types that don't remove all the clitoris--would you like to undergo one that removed just the tip, if someone found it disgusting? in fact, I'd say it'd be offensive not to compare the two.

About STDs, I'll never get them, because I don't have risky sex. so there. or...if the forskin gets in the way of a blowjob, should we cut off the labia majora for getting in the way of good cunnilingus?

MUTILATION IS WRONG, ESPECIALLY FOR AESTHETIC PURPOSES!!!

I may sound like i'm repeating myself, but as long as the guy is clean and has no STD's, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

I clean mine.

There might be some cobwebs down there due to inactivity with another person. But I think is smells aiirght.

It's just a preference. I prefer them circumsized.

Archived