My penis is covered in moles, and it creeps women out sometimes.

ironpony

Basically I had a mole outbreak on my penis a few years ago, and went to the doctor about it. He said it was fine it was just moles and sometimes people get a lot of moles in one area, and it's nothing to worry about.

But some women think it is of course, and I was wondering what to do about it? I could use concealer, based on a friend's suggestion, but even if the color all blends in, they may still notice the bumps. But maybe not if, they don't look for long. Is concealer safe for a condom though? Well maybe covered is a bit of an exaggeration but there's like at least a dozen of them about. Or what do you think is best?

This is a tough question. Was the doctor sure these weren't genital warts? They look like moles. A plastic surgeon can remove the moles. You should look into this. You can also wear colored condoms to hide the discoloration and keep the lights down low. But I think you should double check these moles just in case they're something more than just moles.

Hmm that worries me now! I did some research and genital warts are caused by HPV. I had an STD test a while ago, but not sure if they test for HPV in the standard blood and urine tests. Do they?

Also if I have had genital warts for like 4 plus years now, how bad is that, or what does that mean?

The doctors have to specifically look for HPV. There's also something like 40 different strains so I think the doctors diagnose this more through appearance and symptoms rather than a blood-urine test. Also the bad STDs are bacterial while genital warts are cause by viruses, so STD tests are looking for bad bacteria rather than viruses. There are creams and medicine you can put on the warts to diminish them, and they can be frozen or lasered off. Having the warts isn't that bad for you, supposedly there's no symptoms other than the warts itself, but any girls you date might be afraid of catching a disease and might not want to sleep with you. Having them on your penis just looks yucky in general.

Okay thanks. How would I be able to get tested for 40 different strains of HPV virus though, to see if I have any? Can they do that?

Also, why are STD tests limited to diseases and not viruses? Don't they think that viruses are bad too!

I'd definitely get HPV ruled out. And if it is, indeed, moles, then I agree with the suggestion to see a plastic surgeon or great dermatologist for removal questions.

And then, I'd tell any woman who gets close enough for a "viewing" about it, prior to said viewing. If it's truly harmless moles that really can't be removed properly, then I'd remove the woman.

Are they moles in the traditional sense of the word? Like large dark raised spots? Or are they just skin colored bumps you’re calling moles?

Well it's hard to tell cause my penis is dark skinned to begin with, but I think they are dark raised spots.

Basically I had a mole outbreak on my penis a few years ago, and went to the doctor about it. He said it was fine it was just moles and sometimes people get a lot of moles in one area, and it's nothing to worry about.

But some women think it is of course, and I was wondering what to do about it? I could use concealer, based on a friend's suggestion, but even if the color all blends in, they may still notice the bumps. But maybe not if, they don't look for long. Is concealer safe for a condom though? Well maybe covered is a bit of an exaggeration but there's like at least a dozen of them about. Or what do you think is best?

Why don't you ask your doctor to remove them?

They've been there for a few years now. I guess the reason why I didn't remove them is cause they were harmless and I felt why spend the money on that, especially since I heard removal is painful, especially on the penis. And since I wasn't planning on being a penis model I didn't think it was a bid deal and just shrugged it off, when I was told it was just moles back then.

You really should see a dermatologist, because they are specialized in the diagnosis of skin disorders. They will know better than a General Practitioner.

For some facts:

HPV stands for "Human Papilloma Virus". That is a broad category of viruses that can EITHER affect/infect skin with visible warts (genital warts) OR invisible changes to the skin. The ones that cause visible warts do not generally lead to cancer, but the strains that are invisible can cause cancer of the cervix in women, less often of the anus, and in the throat of anyone performing oral sex on someone who carries the virus. It's skin-to-skin transmission, so it's highly contagious if someone has any type of HPV.

So HPV is sometimes a cause of unsightliness, and other times, something more serious like cancer.

Often, the body can fight it off, but not always.

Also, you contrasted testing for a "disease" vs. viruses. Viral infections can cause/spread diseases (like HIV, ebola, zika, etc.) that are just as serious as bacterial infections that cause disease. A bacterium is not less or more harmful than a virus. Everything depends on what type of bacteria or virus we are talking about.

You can't test for HPV with a urine or blood test because it stays on the skin and multiplies on the skin.

The only way to know for sure is to biopsy these. I would go to a dermatologist, like I said, and request a biopsy. That doesn't mean you remove them all, just one, which will probably be painful, but they will numb you and you'll recover in a few days after the procedure, which is minor.

Please get another expert opinion. I think moles on the penis might be rather rare, so I'm a little skeptical about your doctor's reassurance. But they could be other benign things like skin tags or other things you can't transmit to another person.

If you get an all-clear bill of health, I would not put concealer on them because that stuff contains a lot of chemicals that are not intended to touch the genitals of either you or your partner, or go in the mouth (if she is performing oral). That skin is more sensitive and the stuff will smear off anyway. You would just have to explain to new partners before you get active that you have harmless xyz's, and it's not contagious. In your place, I'd have a doctor write a letter stating that, so you always have documentation to reassure a partner who may doubt your word.

You really should see a dermatologist, because they are specialized in the diagnosis of skin disorders. They will know better than a General Practitioner.

For some facts:

HPV stands for "Human Papilloma Virus". That is a broad category of viruses that can EITHER affect/infect skin with visible warts (genital warts) OR invisible changes to the skin. The ones that cause visible warts do not generally lead to cancer, but the strains that are invisible can cause cancer of the cervix in women, less often of the anus, and in the throat of anyone performing oral sex on someone who carries the virus. It's skin-to-skin transmission, so it's highly contagious if someone has any type of HPV.

So HPV is sometimes a cause of unsightliness, and other times, something more serious like cancer.

Often, the body can fight it off, but not always.

Also, you contrasted testing for a "disease" vs. viruses. Viral infections can cause/spread diseases (like HIV, ebola, zika, etc.) that are just as serious as bacterial infections that cause disease. A bacterium is not less or more harmful than a virus. Everything depends on what type of bacteria or virus we are talking about.

You can't test for HPV with a urine or blood test because it stays on the skin and multiplies on the skin.

The only way to know for sure is to biopsy these. I would go to a dermatologist, like I said, and request a biopsy. That doesn't mean you remove them all, just one, which will probably be painful, but they will numb you and you'll recover in a few days after the procedure, which is minor.

Please get another expert opinion. I think moles on the penis might be rather rare, so I'm a little skeptical about your doctor's reassurance. But they could be other benign things like skin tags or other things you can't transmit to another person.

If you get an all-clear bill of health, I would not put concealer on them because that stuff contains a lot of chemicals that are not intended to touch the genitals of either you or your partner, or go in the mouth (if she is performing oral). That skin is more sensitive and the stuff will smear off anyway. You would just have to explain to new partners before you get active that you have harmless xyz's, and it's not contagious. In your place, I'd have a doctor write a letter stating that, so you always have documentation to reassure a partner who may doubt your word.

Okay thanks, I will go back to the doctor and see if he will refer me to a dermatologist. I mean I could wear concealer before putting a condom, so then the concealer would not hopefully make contact with a condom on. But it may eat through a condom for all I know.

Yeah, I wouldn't take a chance with the ingredients in a concealer and how they might impact a condom. Or at least a latex condom. Also, most condoms are lightly lubricated, so that sounds like it could become a smeary mess.

Also, the chemicals could be irritating to penile skin, which is more delicate than regular skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived