Tell me if I’m being precious, but what’s the point of female only swim sessions with Male atte

thornz

Oooooohhh something occurred to me, what if he wasn’t a lifeguard, but an assistant for somebody in the pool who was handicapped? That would make a lot more sense and explain why I felt so creeped out by the lifeguard not being very lifeguardy haa. But then where was the actual lifeguard? Surely one is required even with an instructor present?

So me complaining that they should have a female attendant for 2 hours a week is not going to cost a person who presumably works more than 2 hours a week, their job. The fact that he wasn’t paying a great deal of attention to the pool could, though since there was an instructor there, he probably didn’t need to be too attentive, so I wouldn’t mention that.
If you complain that he was being creepy, yes, he could lose his job. I don't understand why that's a hard concept?
By the time I’ve driven home from the pool I could be ready and heading to where I want to be (or work, but who wants to be there? 🤣)

Like I said, I wouldn’t mind. I don’t have my makeup, products, etc with me, so I wouldn’t plan anything immediately after swimming.

Lifeguard or not - whatever this guy did - does not matter. You fundamentally don’t like the facility so why complain?

Oooooohhh something occurred to me, what if he wasn’t a lifeguard, but an assistant for somebody in the pool who was handicapped? That would make a lot more sense and explain why I felt so creeped out by the lifeguard not being very lifeguardy haa. But then where was the actual lifeguard? Surely one is required even with an instructor present?

That could very well be. Why do people always assume the worst

Honestly it wouldn't even occur to me that a women's swim class would mean no men as lifeguards or working as instructors or in the pool area for other reasons. I've taken women's swim classes before and had a male life guard and instructor, and it was totally fine by me, because that's how I understood it to mean - simply women in the class, not necessarily for reasons of comfort but practicality.

When in doubt, I'd just ask. Does women's only mean only females in the pool area? You may have to clarify each time you use a new facility.

I’m not sure why you are overthinking this so much and you keep mentioning Muslims, why does it matter why there’s a women’s only class and why he’s there? You didn’t like the place so they won’t get your custom anymore, job done.

At B45 I have anxiety and I ran out of meds, had a panic attack earlier in the day because I feel like I’ve had to jump through hoops to get a repeat prescription, went swimming to try and relieve my stress but I ended up feeling worse.

My illness means I can fixate on things that aren’t really a big deal or that have a simple solution. That’s why I came here. It’s better to have external input when I am so distressed to help me have a more healthy perspective and find solutions that might be obvious to someone in a better state of health.

At itsallgrand, I’m not overly concerned about males being there when swimming but I feel if it’s advertised as such then it should also apply to the staff or be advised on the page that staff may be Male.

That aside, I don’t feel comfortable with poolside showers and had the attendant/lifeguard been female I would still have felt creeped out by their behaviour. Best not to return and leave it to those who like it there. It’s not for me. I can try somewhere else.

PDN5 I would be complaining that they should reconsider having Male staff when they have advertised it as a female only slot. Not at all likely to cost him his job. Is that a hard concept for you?
Nope, not difficult at all. Wasn't sure what you would be complaining about, since you had previously mentioned he creeped you out.
At B45 I have anxiety and I ran out of meds, had a panic attack earlier in the day because I feel like I’ve had to jump through hoops to get a repeat prescription, went swimming to try and relieve my stress but I ended up feeling worse.

My illness means I can fixate on things that aren’t really a big deal or that have a simple solution. That’s why I came here. It’s better to have external input when I am so distressed to help me have a more healthy perspective and find solutions that might be obvious to someone in a better state of health.

So own that -- you fixate on things that really don't matter when you were off your meds. Don't risk him losing his job over your anxiety.

Nobody would lose their job over me complaining that female only should mean exactly that. I understand I was stressed and rambling so that wasn’t clear in my original post.

I can swim elsewhere and work on trying to ensure I keep on top of my medication so I don’t run out.

Thanks itsallgrand, I have been very up and down and emotional without my medication, I’ve had a number of instances in the past few days where my attempts to alleviate my stress have gone wrong and worsened how I feel.

I have my meds now but it will take a few weeks to get back together after being off for over a week. It’s been so eye opening to come off and be reminded how much difference they make. I need a foolproof solution to ensure I don’t come off them again until I intend to!

Archived