Confused on how she feels. Was she trying to get a reaction out of me?

warpaint

I've been friends with this woman for over a year now and just recently she indirectly told me she had a crush on me, well she hinted it to me and I figured it out. I told her I only see her as a friend, she said it was okay because she was over me (which was weird because she just told me she liked me). This all happened last month. We are still friends and we still talk and today out of nowhere she told me she was dating a guy from her job. Now I didn't think anything of it, until she said "he's an adorable dork face." Reason why is she calls me a nerd and a dork because of my love for comics and movies and shows. And she's the same way so I call her the same things, it's our banter.

So why would she say that knowing that is a trait that I have? Was she trying to get a reaction out of me?

And another thing, last week we were texting about something (forgot what it was about) and I said something very small which was "don't get mad." I only said that because she's is short-tempered so I wanted to "prepare" her for what I was going to say which wasn't bad at all. Anyway she told me she asked people for advice on why I said "don't get mad." And that she thought about it all day until she went to sleep and when she woke up. Why would she do that?

I don't think she was trying to get a reaction out of you.

On the second note, she was wondering why you said don't het mad. She probably doesn't think she has a short temper and you probably didn't explain all the experiences where she got mad over something small.

I think she's just trying to understand if she's a person that would warrant a comment like that. This is why she stayed up so late thinking about it, like am the type of person who would be upset over something like that?

I have to wonder.....you have written posts for about a year now about this girl, i assume it's her anyway...

So clearly a lot of her behaviour puzzles you, why?

Why are you so interested in what she says or does?

Me thinks there is something more there than you're willing to admit......

So do you want to be friends? Are you ok talking about her dating life? Why would you preface things with "don't get mad but..."?

We are still friends and we still talk and today out of nowhere she told me she was dating a guy from her job. Now I didn't think anything of it, until she said "he's an adorable dork face." I only said that because she's is short-tempered so I wanted to "prepare" her for what I was going to say

Archived