I saw my ex in public today...

I saw him with his new girlfriend. We will almost be broken up for a year, but it was on and off for a few months after the break up. We were together for 4.5 years. He was with his new girlfriend, who he has been with for a few months. She is pregnant and they are going to have the baby (I know through a mutual friend). We walked right past each other and he gave me a dirty look - which is odd because we ended it for good on good terms (us agreeing that next time our paths cross, we hope each other is doing great). I didn't talk to him because I sensed he didn't want to exchange any words.

Anyways.. why I am writing is because I am kind of hurt that he is having a baby with this woman he has only knew for a few months. We had a rocky relationship, and I never would have wanted to have a child with him, but I am just feeling kind of bad after seeing them.

I thought I was over him, I never contact and don't think about him often, and I have NO desire to want to be with him, but I am still kind of jealous and sad to see him.

I want to send him a message but I am afraid he won't reply and I will just look stupid. So please - tell me it's a bad idea to message him!! Because I am tempted to ask him how everything is going.

I know that feeling, as something similar happened to me. As time passes you will care less and less. Saw my most recent ex and his lady the other day - they appear to be working on kid #2. Didn't bother me one bit, but mind you, it's been 3+ years. I did experience that feeling when I found out about the first one though. It was difficult to verbalize the emotions I felt. I didn't want him, didn't want to be her, didn't want his baby but still felt a little salty over it. I think there was still some healing going on and maybe a little resentment over the fact that he had moved on so smoothly while I was still working through some things.

Do not send a message. I'm pretty sure you would regret that later, plus he mean mugged you. Keep going with nc.

I want to send him a message but I am afraid he won't reply and I will just look stupid. So please - tell me it's a bad idea to message him!! Because I am tempted to ask him how everything is going.

He already gave you a dirty look and walked past you, so what could you possibly hope to get from doing that?

He probably didn't want to upset his GF with an exchange, so I'd respect that and move forward.

Head high.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw him with his new girlfriend. We will almost be broken up for a year, but it was on and off for a few months after the break up. We were together for 4.5 years. He was with his new girlfriend, who he has been with for a few months. She is pregnant and they are going to have the baby (I know through a mutual friend). We walked right past each other and he gave me a dirty look - which is odd because we ended it for good on good terms (us agreeing that next time our paths cross, we hope each other is doing great). I didn't talk to him because I sensed he didn't want to exchange any words.

Anyways.. why I am writing is because I am kind of hurt that he is having a baby with this woman he has only knew for a few months. We had a rocky relationship, and I never would have wanted to have a child with him, but I am just feeling kind of bad after seeing them.

I thought I was over him, I never contact and don't think about him often, and I have NO desire to want to be with him, but I am still kind of jealous and sad to see him.

It doesn't sound like you're being honest with yourself. If you were truly over him, this wouldn't bother you. You broke up with him I assume? Sounds like he's attempting to move forward with his life. Somehow that's bothering you maybe?

Archived