Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

JJ's Diary of Dating

John John

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I know, I meant short and shy in reference to Madison only. Height is not an issue for me, so it perplexes me when I see it brought up consistently on ENA in general. So thumbs up to JM and JJ and anyone else who towers over others in multiple ways.

I'd like to think that I make up for (and this IS something shorter men have to make up for - at least, according to today's society and many women) being a bit over 5'8" in many ways ( ). I guess it blows a bit when a woman rejects based on height alone (or doesn't even see my profile because I'm pre-filtered out). But then I try to remind myself if I'd really want a woman who valued height so much.

And my dance card is rather full at the moment. I do get dates I'm a great guy and the right woman is gonna know it.

Thanks for what you said journey. And yeah, j.man's pretty cool too.

That cartoon is too funny.

JJ I thought of you last weekend because the man who has currently captured the yellow shirt (as in, bike racing) is slender - and maybe 5'8" or 5'9", now that I think of it. I don't really know his height. I see this guy for the first time and think: JJ would tell him to get his butt into the gym and bulk up.

Thankfully, this guy is self assured. No way did I feel like I was going to have to look out for him, as I sometimes do. OK, I often do. I might have better tris, but he can think his way out of a paper bag. I am over it, I was attracted to him anyhow. I gave him a little kiss on the neck when I hugged him goodbye and he is back on my calendar for a second go.

But that first look, yeah, I thought of you. Probably best he doesn't know. lol.

I'd like to think that I make up for (and this IS something shorter men have to make up for - at least, according to today's society and many women) being a bit over 5'8" in many ways ( ). I guess it blows a bit when a woman rejects based on height alone (or doesn't even see my profile because I'm pre-filtered out). But then I try to remind myself if I'd really want a woman who valued height so much.

And my dance card is rather full at the moment. I do get dates I'm a great guy and the right woman is gonna know it.

Thanks for what you said journey. And yeah, j.man's pretty cool too.

HA, I posted my post not even knowing I was giving an example of getting over a guy's physical traits -- not height, as it happens. This guy is 5'8" or 5'9" I suppose, and that's okay with me.

Yes, the way a man IS absolutely overcomes the way he looks. My date carried himself with the same confidence I would want from anyone. I got over the fact that he and I might weight the same... Iok, i hope not. Second meet will tell me much as he will be in shorts and tee shirt.

My new friend is 5'10" . . possibly a hair under.

Being 5'8" and going out to dinner, I wore heels that tipped me over to being taller than my friend.

I waited until he showed up to pick me up. I gave him a hug, flat footed and proceeded to put on my shoes.

I said `Sorry, I am just not a petite girl'

He shook his head and said. . "Don't worry about it, I don't"

It goes both ways. I can actually feel sometimes insecure that my height could possibly be a deal breaker for men or at the very least make them uncomfortable.

Just something to think about.

Oh right. . we are taking about 'that' again. .

Being 5'8" and going out to dinner, I wore heels that tipped me over to being taller than my friend.

I waited until he showed up to pick me up. I gave him a hug, flat footed and proceeded to put on my shoes.

It goes both ways. I can actually feel sometimes insecure that my height could possibly be a deal breaker for men or at the very least make them uncomfortable.

I didn't bring it up this time reinvent!!!

HA, I posted my post not even knowing I was giving an example of getting over a guy's physical traits -- not height, as it happens. This guy is 5'8" or 5'9" I suppose, and that's okay with me.

Yes, the way a man IS absolutely overcomes the way he looks. My date carried himself with the same confidence I would want from anyone. I got over the fact that he and I might weight the same... Iok, i hope not. Second meet will tell me much as he will be in shorts and tee shirt.

Good on you ITIC! We're not even that short, but I feel like society has sorta skewed everyone's views on certain things. But enough on that. Glad you're giving this guy a chance

I SO get that. I am shorter than average, but I am otherwise sort of curvy. I am not lithe or waif like. I had a huge crush on a man named here simply as Crush a few years back. Oh my goodness the muscles on that man, no body fat, and a face like a model. But all of it shrunk down to my size. So his legs were like my arms, his bum was like my elbow. He is jamming hot, but I found that messing around with him I had to talk myself up a little, remind myself that I am ok as I am, because I felt like an amazon. I just don't meet men my size very often. Needed some adjusting.

I SO get that. I am shorter than average, but I am otherwise sort of curvy. I am not lithe or waif like. I had a huge crush on a man named here simply as Crush a few years back. Oh my goodness the muscles on that man, no body fat, and a face like a model. But all of it shrunk down to my size. So his legs were like my arms, his bum was like my elbow. He is jamming hot, but I found that messing around with him I had to talk myself up a little, remind myself that I am ok as I am, because I felt like an amazon. I just don't meet men my size very often. Needed some adjusting.

I have dated shorter men but they have to have some stature. I don't want to feel like I can hurt `em ;]

One woman who I dated was a bit taller than me. After we...erm...hung out a few times...she said to me "now I know why you seem so confident." 8)

I know everyone here is just saying stuff in "good fun", but in general I find the linking of positive or negative character traits to the size of genitals vulgar and immature.

I know everyone here is just saying stuff in "good fun", but in general I find the linking of positive or negative character traits to the size of genitals vulgar and immature.

And misleading.

Agree with you guys. I was just trying to make the case that there is no correlation between size of genitals and height, like so many women seem to believe.

And there's are least 3 women out there that have vouched for that!

Anyway - I'm excited to hear about your upcoming dates, John. I'm living my dating life vicariously through you right now. I rejoined OLD last night, put up some pictures, but ran out of interest before completing my profile. Still hoping to meet someone IRL, I guess, lol.

Archived