AND gone! Lol

Jeffbobo

So I jumped on POF (plenty of fish) and ran across a woman's profile who had two incredibly amazing photos and absolutely no content to her profile except the basics. Then I noticed she had an insane amount of those lame gift things that they have on POF. lol. Undoubtably she's getting hammered by messages from guys. So I send her an initial message and she messages back. We go back and forth a bit rapidly over the period of about a day. She'd said she'd only been on the site for three weeks and hadn't met anyone yet. Then eventually I tell her I'd love to get together with her this weekend for a light lunch. Then the line goes dead. lol. Maybe I scared her off? Maybe she fell asleep? Maybe she's thinking about it? Sometimes things seem to go so well leading up to actually asking someone out, then when you do and you get no response, you're left with thinking, ? It's like telling a really great joke and you're leading up to the punchline, everyone's hanging on to the story, then you say the punchline and nobody laughs. Kind of how it feels. Other than brush it off, forget about it and move on, I'm not quite sure what happened. 🤔 Thoughts?

She's probably just not that interested, ok with chatting online as a bit of pass time but when it comes down to the real deal (meeting in person), she backed out.

Not interested? How is that possible? Lol.

Kidding aside, I don't care to message back and forth endlessly and move to talk and/or meet someone soon for this reason.

Catfish? Fake profile?

Two great photos and not really a profile.

Do a reverse Google search on the pictures and see if/where they come up.

Hmm... I've heard about doing the old "reverse Google search on pictures" move but never tried it. Not sure how but will need to figure that one out. Also not sure if it's even worth the effort.

I wouldn't look too far into it. Lots of people on these dating sites are newly single, just looking to get their feet wet by even just talking to someone. The though of actually meeting someone might be overwhelming and beyond their interest.

Not interested? How is that possible? Lol.

Kidding aside, I don't care to message back and forth endlessly and move to talk and/or meet someone soon for this reason.

Exactly. You're doing the right thing. Just haven't met the right person.

To be fair, POF is pretty rubbish to start with, I've never met a quality guy off there. It's just 1 up, if not on the same level, as tinder. I usually use OKC which is quite good in my area, and another local paid site (pay to send message).

I wouldn't look too far into it. Lots of people on these dating sites are newly single, just looking to get their feet wet by even just talking to someone. The though of actually meeting someone might be overwhelming and beyond their interest.

Good point. 😊

Exactly. You're doing the right thing. Just haven't met the right person.

To be fair, POF is pretty rubbish to start with, I've never met a quality guy off there. It's just 1 up, if not on the same level, as tinder. I usually use OKC which is quite good in my area, and another local paid site (pay to send message).

I've tried POF, OKC and match. I've had success with all three and have met a lot of women. I think you're right though and I'll prep to jump back on match; maybe OKC. Thanks.

I'm thinking Catfish or somebody shy!

Just keep pushing you'll find her

Lisa

I've dated admittedly shy women. I'm leaning toward fresh out of a relationship as "apples" had mentioned. And I know she's out there... somewhere. 😄

Yea you're lucky (and I'm surprised) that you guys didn't exchange numbers and her first text to you would be for you to click on a link to go "verify" yourself aka enter your credit card info blah blah blah. Ran into so much of that crap on dating sites. Usually with Tinder and POF. OKC once. The others, esp the paid ones, you don't see that behavior from girls.

I would say that online dating seems to be more of a meat market. Shallow and interest level is lost quickly. You have to get to a meet up as soon as you can, as women receive 20 times the responses us guys get. She doesn't need to do anything but put her pic up. If she is attractive, she will get attention. We can argue if it is the right attention, but perhaps that is all she wants.

I have had success with both PoF and OKC. Never match or eharmony. Who knows why that is I will say, you have to go through plenty of flakes and lots arrows to get to some good potential choices. If you are a guy, you better bring your A game! I know I do!

you must be new to online dating. Woman do this crap all the time. Prepare to go through 10,000+ more messages of this crap.

I've been on/off online dating for about five years. And honestly, in literally all cases, if there has been messaging back and forth like this, we either end up talking on the phone and/or meeting. This is the first time this has happened so I'm trying to make sense of it.

Jeff,

This happens a lot so let it go. Fake profiles, women just on there for an ego boost, catfishing and on and on.

If she was shy she would tell you it was to soon for her to move the conversation to meeting. If she was not interested she wouldn't have spent time on you like she did.

Here is my tip for you. Don't try and make sense of what happens on dating sites. Just roll with it and move on.

I busted a woman trying to catfish me. I knew as soon as she sent me pictures of herself and then played along when I had time. We even talked on the phone several times and she set up times and places for us to meet but I knew it was all fake but played along. I finally told her I knew she was fake the whole time and asked her why she would mislead people like she has done and that her life must be pretty pitiful to treat others this way. It was sweet but she never answered my questions.

There will be others Jeff, just keep on looking...

Lost

I was talking to this girl on (you guys wont believe it) hi5! lol, and the same happened to me, when I asked her out she went cold and gone. However I noticed on the profile she puts that she has a relationship, but when we talked she never mentioned anything like that or any lead that she has one. So I assumed she was single

Jeff,

This happens a lot so let it go. Fake profiles, women just on there for an ego boost, catfishing and on and on.

If she was shy she would tell you it was to soon for her to move the conversation to meeting. If she was not interested she wouldn't have spent time on you like she did.

Here is my tip for you. Don't try and make sense of what happens on dating sites. Just roll with it and move on.

I busted a woman trying to catfish me. I knew as soon as she sent me pictures of herself and then played along when I had time. We even talked on the phone several times and she set up times and places for us to meet but I knew it was all fake but played along. I finally told her I knew she was fake the whole time and asked her why she would mislead people like she has done and that her life must be pretty pitiful to treat others this way. It was sweet but she never answered my questions.

There will be others Jeff, just keep on looking...

Lost

She responded back to me yesterday and surprise, surprise she said, "I'm kind of shy, I'm sorry but that's who I am". I replied, "How am I to know this through an online dating site?" Told that niw I understand, was interested in her and if she was interested in me I'd like to get to know her and left it at that.

In the meantime, I messaged with another woman who I'm pretty excited about. We actually talked over the phone until the we hours of the morning last night and she took and sent me another photo of herself after we hung up. We meet Sunday. I'm tired as hell but need to get to work. Lol.

Thanks!

Excellent. That other one seemed like pulling teeth to meet.

I agree. 😊 It shouldn't feel like that. If you're interested and excited about getting to know someone and potentially meeting, then it shouldn't be a struggle. We'll see how things go tomorrow. 😄

Archived