Do women really cheat??

glen

Hello

I'm a little older than you are and have more than likely been in a few more relationships then you. To answer your question "Do women cheat"

The answer would be anyone can cheat in any relationship, it depends on the person. I will tell you cheating destroys "ALL" trust, and once it is broken you can never get it back again. Because if you take someone back who has cheated, well needless to say you are always wondering, and that is worse than torture. A few years back from a study that was released they found for the first time is history that women cheated more on men, then men on women. First time in the study that women surpassed men. Times have changed and the rules have changed, but the pain is still the same when you get your heart broken. I have had girls who have loved me and never cheated and I have had girls that have cheated. It depends how deep you are in the relationship and weather you "BOTH" have a committment to each other. It may be time to move on and find what your looking for, because if they are cheating that would only mean to me, that they are still looking for something or someone that I'm not providing, or I'm being lied too. Either way it is not a good thing if it hurts my heart and goes round and round in my head.

Good Luck

Kuhl

8)

It depends how deep you are in the relationship and weather you "BOTH" have a committment to each other.

True, but things can change throughout the course of a relationship. People change and grow, so their needs may do the same.

Certain people cheat because they are trying to fill some kind of void in their lives, which makes them more susceptible to cheating (not just once, but several times).

I haven't cheated on my past boyfriends. I've had some opportunities but I just never wanted to.

I have a friend that was in a long distance relationship with her boyfriend because they went to different schools, and she cheated on him. She loved him and told him when they were in person again, and to her it was that she was missing the closeness of her guy, and she made a mistake. He took her back and things were fine after that. Yes it does destroy trust, but I think trust is something you can rebuild after time.

I believe that cheating has many facets, of course when a person cheats they can still claim to love the person they are with. Some people believe this is possible while others do not. What you need to consider when a person cheats on you is are you going to accept this kind of behavior and if you choose to rebuild what you once had then there needs to be some kind of enforcement mechanism that punishes them for cheating. Too often is it the case that people are just too happy to have the person back that there is no kind of punishment for their actions. The enforcement mechanism creates a credible threat which is supposed to give the cheater disincentive to cheat again.

I agree that both men and women cheat and when they cheat, they're trying to fill something missing in their relationship. I think it also has to deal with morality and personal values. Some people grow up knowing that cheating on someone can make the cheater seem as someone with little morals.

I think that people should leave their significant others the moment that they begin to feel unhappy with that person. This is much better than being with two people and ultimately hurting all of those involved. I think it's "bs" when someone says that they still loved their significant other after cheating on them. Things like that just don't happen in a loving, healthy relationship!

Personally, I think cheating is solely a selfish act. Assuming both partners understand the nature of the relationship as being exclusive, at least implicitly, then the act of being with somebody else, emotionally or physically, is extremely greedy. The person can't get what they want with one, so they get two. Or even three. The cheater doesn't have enough maturity to either talk it out or break it off with their partner before they pursue another, and I believe this to be a big sign of weakness. There are many excuses for cheating, too, but do any of them really justify it? I don't think so. It's an idealistic view, yes, but everybody knows when they are about to do something wrong. Nobody wants to admit to being selfish.

And the "being drunk" excuse is about the worst of all of them. Wow.

Some girls do cheat, but not all. I would never cheat on my boyfriend. I have had chances, guys have tried to kiss me, but I've pushed them away.

I think it does have to do with love. If you are in love, that person is always on your mind. If you are having sex, or making out with some other guy, then obviously your boyfriend isn't on your mind. The same goes for guys. Also, cheating hurts the other person, it doesn't take a genious to figure that out. I know it would kill my boyfriend if I cheated on him and I never want to hurt him like that. I love him way too much.

I also think that it has to do with self control. I can control myself. When I had a guy try to make out with me, I pushed him away. I could easily have gone for it, but I knew it wasn't right. Some people regret what they did right after they did it and I think that those are the people who couldnt' control themself in that situation.

I do also agree that maybe people cheat when something is missing from their current relationship. However, thats no excuse. There is never an excuse. If you have a problem, you need to talk about it. Relationships need communication and honesty, and you both need to be open with each other. If they don't have that, then it's not going to last long. So if you aren't having your needs met by your current boyfriend, or girlfriend, talk to them. See what can be done. If they just don't care, then they don't really care about you and you would be better off without them. No need to go and cheat.

All women cheat, all the time. We just never know about it, because they're smarter about it than we are.

Ah, let's do an exercise in logic. You (a man) claim that ALL women cheat ALL the time. However, we (meaning you and the rest of men I assume) NEVER know about it.

Hence, if all women would cheat, and men would never know about it, you can't make that statement because you are a man.

Well, the proposition has already been proven wrong by several women here who never cheated on their boyfriends. I for one have never cheated in my life. Never been cheated on as well. Not technically, that is. That's a long story though. No need to dig up that old boring one all the time

My assumption would be that both men and women are capable of cheating. There can be generalizations about reasons, men could be ascribed cheating because they are bored in their sexlife in their marriage, women because they feel neglected, but vice versa can hold just as well.

I cannot say that everyone that really love his partner would never cheat. I only know that I couldn't cheat. I cannot imagine that I ever could if I love someone. That doesn't mean that someone else feels the same way. It also doesn't mean that cheating always happens intentionally, nor that it can be excused.

Ok, I have to stop writing, so far my 2 cents on the matter 8)

Ilse.

My suspicion is that anyone can cheat, especially in the long run.

Perhaps during the first months/couple of years of a relationship, if the two really are in love with each other, during this first period it is more unlikely. But when you pass out of the hormonal, passionate/romantic in-love phase to the long-term, down-to-earth love phase that requires more work and effort to maintain, cheating certainly becomes more feasible.

We all have needs that our partners can't satisfy 100%. All relationships go through difficult patches. All individuals go through crisis periods, due to studies, work, family etc etc. We have buttons that need to be pushed, that our partners can't push, or don't push anymore like they once did. Then we meet someone that does push them.

Whether or not we then cheat, depends on so many factors. Have you given up all hope of your current partner regaining that ability to push your buttons? Can you manage to keep your head on your shoulders, comparing the new possibilty that you know you're seeing through rose-tinted glasses with the older drearier love? It also has a lot to do with selfishness, being ego-centric as opposed to responsible, empathetic, maturity as opposed to being childish.

In the end, anyone can cheat. Given the right moment of weakness, finding the right person that sparks the right chemistry, circumstances that make it possible, and it happens.

That some people are far more likely to cheat than others is also true, there is probably a lot of truth in "once a cheater, always a cheater". Perhaps some are addicted to being romatically/passionately in love, and that can't last more than a couple of years. Others have a need for affection, for confirmation of their worth that no one person could ever give enough of. Others are always convinced that "the grass is always greener...". Some live in a fantasy world, and the real life partner will always be found wanting compared to an imaginary ideal. And some are just plain selfish, childish, that they will take whatever new toy comes their way and hang the consequences, because in the end they can't see over their own belly buttons.

But, in the end, anyone can cheat. Especially those that say they never would, never could. The circumstances will arise, you won't even think there's a danger, and you get taken completely by surprise. A healthy dose of humility and self-doubt would be beneficial in this case.

Yes Glen, as long as women are human, we can cheat too. It's not a gender thing, it's what values and morals the person has... male or female.

I will also agree that women are smarter and tend to get away with it much more, but the statement that "all women cheat" proves exactly why those who chose to cheat, do get away with it!!! if you get my drift...

That seems a wise insight to me. But I would add a though on top of that:

They might have started the relationship with you also because of missing that something in themselves. And not find it, logically.

Ugh, makes the perspective on relationships quite negative...

Ilse.

I've cheated on my boyfriend when I truly totally loved him, when I could't think of anyone else. I don't know why I did it, but I've cheated on him. I know I've risked the best relationship I ever had for sex with another guy, but I didn't and don't regret what I have done, even if he would have found out that I cheated and dumped me.

I've cheated on my boyfriend when I truly totally loved him, when I could't think of anyone else. I don't know why I did it, but I've cheated on him. I know I've risked the best relationship I ever had for sex with another guy, but I didn't and don't regret what I have done, even if he would have found out that I cheated and dumped me.

Sorry, but you dont "truly totally love" someone, cheat on them and have no regrets. Obviously, if you truly cared for your boyfriend, you would have told him so he could have moved on to someone who wouldn't cheat on him and loved him enough not to betray his trust.

You were thinking of someone else when you cheated on him; yourself.

Sorry, but you dont "truly totally love" someone, cheat on them and have no regrets. Obviously, if you truly cared for your boyfriend, you would have told him so he could have moved on to someone who wouldn't cheat on him and loved him enough not to betray his trust.

You were thinking of someone else when you cheated on him; yourself.

Sorry Twinkler, but I'm going to have to agree with Iceman on this one. I've been in and out of enough relationships, both positive and negative experiences, to know that staying faithful is the definition of true love and respect. I'll admit that I've also cheated in the past, but looking back now, I know that I didn't love enough, or for 'real'.

You will know real love when you find it. The real deal hooks you in; you will not want to cheat or have any need to.

if a girl is in love she won't cheat......if she isn't she most likely will.....but i guarantee there are alot of exceptions out there....as crazy as it might sound....i think that the persons self-esteem, boredom have alot to do with it....and on an even crazier note...i think their zodiac sign may be a small factor in there somewhere as well ...it is true though: there are signs that are more faithful than others....

There seems to be some debate as to my earlier comments about all women cheating all the time. Being so, I thought it would be wise to clarify my point:

Infidelity has many faces and comes in many forms. It is not always necessary to have sex with someone for it to be conidered cheating;

Perhaps, while in a relationship, you go on an 'innocent' date with someone. While you tell yourself it isn't really a date, you know, deep down, that's exactly what it is.

Perhaps you had that little kiss with that random...

Perhaps you got a little too "randy" on the dance floor with that guy while at the club on girls night out.

I think, its safe to say, that if you find yourself doing something you wouldn't dare consider doing with your bf around, it could be considered a form of infidelity.

I know of no one who hasn't done at least one of these things. So I reiterate: All women cheat, all the time. We just never know about it because they're smarter about it than we are.

Well, I haven't done any of those while in a relationship. I still don't get your line of reasoning and the strong generalization you want to make from the list of perhaps's and maybe's.

I agree with Iceman and OceanEyes, in a relationship where there is true love, there is mutual faithfulness and respect. I am sorry if your experiences are different.

Ilse.