This 'new woman' isn't "new" at all. She's been in my life for going on 26 years.

she and I kept in touch (strictly friendship) off and on for years until we finally lost touch for quite some time; then came Facebook!

Which is it? She's been in your life for 26 years or in and out and lost touch (for quite some time) ?

Everybody has attractions outside of relationships, but choose not to act because it's often just passing. People can also form crushes but because of boundaries and empathy and consequences don't act on them. Everyone daydreams and fantasizes, so? However actively messaging someone when it could be a slippery slope is about boundaries...not love or attraction or crushes.

I was hoping were also imperfect or have made mistakes themselves or even 'been there'
Sorry I wasted my time in this forum. I came here looking for insight from people I was hoping were also imperfect or have made mistakes themselves or even 'been there' but only got (very biased) judgment. Clearly "enotalone.com" = The Judgement Zone.

You're fooling yourself, snap out of it. Would you tolerate being treated like this?

Hi Guilty1,

It's a pity you felt judged, and while some of the responses may have appeared judgmental to you, there IS objective advice on here. The common theme is that you need to decide which of these ladies you should concentrate on and then do just that! That is a decision only you can make.

It is clear that you are in a lot of torment and that will continue until you take steps to remedy the situation. Those have been clearly stated by members on here, and there's more than one solution to this problem. It won't be comfortable but... while you change nothing, nothing will change.

Archived