24 days of no contact, she texted me. "I need to talk to you."

Come on. You were curious. You wanted to know. You made the decision. Stick to it. What's the worst thing that can happen?

Stop putting yourself down for it. x

Yeah, I'd rather know than not. Can't go back now.

I just have a feeling I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I don't want it to set me back. I was doing well the last few days.

Time will tell. I'll let you guys know.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are not Number One in her life, what's the point of sticking by her?

if you behave like you will take any shred of affection from her, then she will continue to act like this.

Stop responding to her middle of the night texts.

Focus on what makes you happy. I don't think a girl who ditches you for another man will make you happy just because she returns her gaze on you.

Look for a new girlfriend who respects you.

If you are not Number One in her life, what's the point of sticking by her?

if you behave like you will take any shred of affection from her, then she will continue to act like this.

Stop responding to her middle of the night texts.

Focus on what makes you happy. I don't think a girl who ditches you for another man will make you happy just because she returns her gaze on you.

Look for a new girlfriend who respects you.

I agree with everything you said.

But I'm going to see what she has to say.

She is pregnant with his baby but wants to come back to you so you can help her raise him/her. Just kidding.

The best possible situation would have been for you to be fully healed from the breakup and on steady ground so anything she says couldn't set you back but these things never seem to go the best they can do they?

let us know what happens

Who knows maybes she just wants her phone charger back...

Lost

Pregnancy would be the only viable reason to be in contact with her. She is completely disrespecting you with ANY other reason. And that includes "Oh I am so sorry I decided to get throttled by another dude instead of you. But he ditched me, and now I want to go back to you until I find another dude to bone me again.".

The only reason to converse with her at all is if she is preggers with YOUR kid. Other than that, either ignore her reply or reply "Do not contact me again. Thank you.".

And if she is pregnant, ask for a paternity test result. And only talk to her if its your kid. Other than that NO CONTACT!

In fact, I would have replied with this "Are you pregnant with my kid?" If she replied "No". Then I would tell her "Do not contact me again. Thank you."

Ok I am calling it right now. It is either "Hi, I want to ask your advice on something with my new guy." OR it is "Hi, I can't take you not being in my life and I need you to be my friend pal best buddy bff now Or "Hi, I am preggers..."

Of the three, only one (preggers) should get you to contact her again. The other two I would be super pissed off at, and I would make sure she never contacts me again (block on everything).

Ok I am calling it right now. It is either "Hi, I want to ask your advice on something with my new guy." OR it is "Hi, I can't take you not being in my life and I need you to be my friend pal best buddy bff now Or "Hi, I am preggers..."

Of the three, only one (preggers) should get you to contact her again. The other two I would be super pissed off at, and I would make sure she never contacts me again (block on everything).

She still hasn't read my text yet. She might be at work, I don't know her schedule anymore.

If she sent "I need to talk to you" just to see if I would respond... that'll piss me off.

Maybe redeem yourself and text her "Unless you are pregnant with my child, then you don't need to speak to me. If you are not pregnant with my kid, then do not contact me again. Thank you."

If she does't contact you then you know its something stupid and not worth your time. Get it out of your head that she wants you back, She doesn't. And if she says she does, its only because Captain Bonestrom left her for dead and she wants to use you until she finds another dude... So take that completely off the table. Once you do you are left with only one possibility that would get you to speak to her again...

She texted you at 2 am because 1) she was drunk or 2) she was too chicken "stuff" to text you when she knew you were awake because she's afraid of how you'll react.

I'm voting for the new guy dumped her and she doesn't want to be alone, so she's trying to come back to her old stand by. If I had a dollar for every one of my exes that did this...I could retire.

If it was a drunk text, don't expect her to respond now that she's sober.

Sounds like she was fishing for your attention... ignore any future contacts, this was certainly rude.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet, maybe she's at work still. I honestly have no idea what she's up to anymore. I bet if I checked her instagram though there'd be something new. Not going to check though.

I have a feeling though that this was said purely to get a response from me. Maybe her messaging me was a way to make me not forget her.

No idea right now.

Dude at this point, when this turns out to be a bunch of sh**.... Block her from your phone and all social media. Remember this feeling. And when it turns out to be for absolutely nothing, absorb the feeling you have. And remember how it feels when she screws with you like this. And stop her ability to hurt you further by blocking her and moving on for real...

Dude at this point, when this turns out to be a bunch of sh**.... Block her from your phone and all social media. Remember this feeling. And when it turns out to be for absolutely nothing, absorb the feeling you have. And remember how it feels when she screws with you like this. And stop her ability to hurt you further by blocking her and moving on for real...

It's going to be a very interesting night. She may reply, she most likely won't. If she doesn't, I'll block her. Because that means she was just playing a f*cking game with me.

If that's the case, I'm going to be mad for responding.

Now I'm left staring at my phone like I was at the beginning.

I'm not sure what she was trying to get out of this. To get a response to see if she still "had" me? That's a sh*tty thing to do. I actually thought she was going to say something. Anything.

I don't know if this is her way of getting the power now that I made the last contact. Maybe because I ignored her previous ones, she sent something she knew would make me respond, and now that I have, she feels we're even or that she has the upper hand.

I'm overanalyzing this.

I'm going to give her the night to respond. When I wake up and there's no text, that's it.

Archived