Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diary Of A Redhead

mylolita

23 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Evening @yogacat

I can’t quite remember but I think it might have been in the background of a YouTube video short! And I will have quickly google searched a brief line of lyrics! 

Thanks for sending on a tune! I’ll give it a listen now!

And I‘m exactly the same! I don’t have friends who suggest music to me, my husband does though! He’s a drummer, was in a band when I met him 15 years ago! I love talking music! I love hearing new stuff! Even if it’s technically “old!” 

When I’m in that mellow, slightly sultry vibe, like ‘Lauren’ or ‘Show Me How’ is by Men I Trust - bands like The Marias are pretty close as well! I can send you a few of their tracks on if you’ve never heard anything by them!

I could talk about music for decades yoga so please stop me 🤣 I’m about to go full fan girl right now and I’m trying to hold back - LOLZ! 

I think this song by Sade called ‘Cherish The Day’ might be your taste if you like Men I Trust! 

And The Marias…

And Kali Uchis is one of my newer discoveries! Only known about her for a year or two but am absolutely obsessed! ‘I Wish You Rose’s’ and this one is one of my faves!

I’m a big sultry, smooth jazz fan. Stan Getz especially. I love his song Misty. My Dad used to play it to us girls on rainy days when I was about 4 years old on his saxophone! I love soul music from my Mum - so many bands there, and the funky stuff! Like The Delphonics, Charelle, Chic, SOS Band, Mary Jane Girls (All Night Long!) Nile Rogers, basically 🤣 And I’m a massive Ray Charles fan. I love ‘I Wonder Who’s Kissing You Now!’ 

Also a bit of a RnB fan for sure - and I have always loved beachy house, chilled house - house music! Miguel Migs, I went through all his albums over and over for a few years!! Ahhhh I could just go on into those but basically, I wake up to music, have to have it on, drive to music! Go for drives on a night to listen to music! 

I was a lapdancer/pole dancer/stripper and used to dance to some maybe more unusual and not so typical strip club stuff but to be honest, I also did the straight up raunchy RnB stuff and I do love it, I’m not a music snob at all. 

A few reggae songs I love are ‘Waiting In Vain’ by Bob Marley. ‘Girlie Girlie’ by Sophia George and ‘Bam Bam’ by Sister Nancy! 

Also love The New York Dolls, Morrissey (HUGE FAN) Dire Straits, Kings of Leon, Lana Del Rey, Stone Roses (I wanna be adddorrreeeddd!!!) oh it’s so hard to think! Anyway, I’m not sure what you’re into or if you have a broad spread! 

Always looking for new stuff myself! 

I really sometimes like putting on lofi chill hop mix beats on the livestreams on YouTube some days and discovering tracks that way. Same goes for asking the Siri speaker I have about the house for a genre like “chill jazz” and if I heard something I’ll note it. 

Recently in the past year or two I also got into a few tracks by MoonBoots, Troye Sivan, FKA Twigs and more on the chill house side Midnight Hour, Medsound Music (Nobody Like You!) Upu might like the band The War On Drugs especially maybe the song ‘Under The Pressure’. I need to shut up! 

You might also really like this but I’m not sure! Discovered this band last year; they only put out a few pieces but oh so pretty, just so pretty!!!

I play this late on an evening when the fire is going out! 

All the best x

Oh a drummer? I befriended a drummer. I just want to say, thank you so much for all the music links that you just sent me! I am just having one of the best days ever! I need someone like you in my life who has music that they love!

I love Sade, 'no ordinary love.'

Do you like Banks?

• Thanks 1

That was my last of a long run Stephen King phase @dias! And one of my fave books by him was his first, ‘Carrie’ and I think that is the book on the beach 🤣 Probs my third time reading it! Third and last 🤪

And it was Menorca! That beach was called… Son Bou - which is one of the largest beach stretches in Menorca I think, and one of the more popular beaches we were at before we started discovering all the mind blowing coves and almost private feeling paradise sections! You had to trek to them though. We went there 4 times in total. My Uncle who is a retired Judge had a villa out there but sadly, he sold it three years ago. 

And this was before I had the darling chiddlers LOL! But I’ve always really lived my waist and I’ve always had a flat stomach without trying much but, I am a pear shape so that’s what us pear shaped gals do! Or, ‘theatrical romantic’ gals do if you are a female and subscribe to the David Kibbe categorising of female body types! 

Dave lost a real fab pair of sunnies once! They were from the 50s he picked them up in an antique store in London, they had solid brass rims and were quite out there in large scale but real classy. He’s bald, looks like Joe Rogan, I think he gets away with sunglasses so well. I don’t suit them much! But anyway, he lost them. They weighed a tonne. I was sad 🥲

And Dias my sweet a treadmill is for a caged up racehorse or a hamster on a wheel! I went for a run of all things a few weeks ago round my old haunts when I took a visit to my parents but; it was outside. It didn’t hurt as bad as I thought it would. I haven’t ran since I was 19 😭🤗

And, thanks for the compliment 🥴 I don’t have a 6 pack like you - too much effort of course LMAO! Actual work? Don’t you know, I’m allergic? 🥂

x

• Like 1

Scrap that - it’s after 9pm.

My best physical part is my bum. Which, I will not show on ENA, sorry, I know 🤣🤣🤣

But my pear rear got me my house, my husband, my car, my life insurance - the lot. The money maker. Thank you mother, I must correct this midsection thing 🍑 LOL! 

For all the girls out there with round perky behinds! A shout out! Do not underestimate it girls!!! At. Your. PERIL! 

Femme Fatal 🤣

x

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Oh a drummer? I befriended a drummer. I just want to say, thank you so much for all the music links that you just sent me! I am just having one of the best days ever! I need someone like you in my life who has music that they love!

I love Sade, 'no ordinary love.'

Do you like Banks?

Awww YOGA! 

You are too sweet!!!

I have never heard of this artist! I am listening now Yoga and can tell she is not what I would listen to but I will follow this through! 

Drummers are cool! I always think, lead singers have the ego, the lead guitarists are always preachy, the bass players are players! And the drummers are the keepers!!!! 😍

Ping me anytime on here! I will discuss music and anything else anytime! 

x

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, mylolita said:

But my pear rear got me my house, my husband, my car, my life insurance - the lot.

This is why guys say a girl has a bright future ahead when she has a nice heinie 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Maybe @dias needs to set up an Only Fans for his six pack?

I have a feeling you may end up with a big male following but, if the coding dries up, Y’know? 

Cost of living crisis n’all.

LMAO! 

x

Yes I've consider it if AI takes my job lol. Guys pay better so I don't mind hahaha

Meh, I have put a couple of kg with being sick 3 weeks now. No six pack, only one pack haha

2 minutes ago, dias said:

This is why guys say a girl has a bright future ahead when she has a nice heinie 

When that goes, it all hits the fan! 🥹🤣

Only joking. I’m alright for the most parts for some days, so he got attached the poor guy and now we’ve got all these beautiful babies and I don’t know when I stopped being 27 on a beach and started being 28 and pregnant but there ya go! 

Just now, dias said:

Yes I've consider it if AI takes my job lol. Guys pay better so I don't mind hahaha

Meh, I have put a couple of kg with being sick 3 weeks now. No six pack, only one pack haha

Well cheers to that Dias same here my dear and some - are you actually telling us you may be a little bit HUMAN? 😎

The husband used to have an 8 pack when I met him with the constant boxing. That kinda thing goes quickly as you know. And your common sense tells you of course straight women never tip - LOL!

@yogacat ! Would you like me to send on some more artists and songs tomorrow? Ping anything to me as well! 

This is a little mini Friday night party here getting started with music and bums and chin chins on the journal but I have to turn in 🥹

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to post those beautiful songs! Do you like violin? This artist was introduced to me by my father (he's of Arab and Persian descent) and I love it quite a bit....❤️‍🔥

8 hours ago, mylolita said:

When that goes, it all hits the fan! 🥹🤣

Only joking. I’m alright for the most parts for some days, so he got attached the poor guy and now we’ve got all these beautiful babies and I don’t know when I stopped being 27 on a beach and started being 28 and pregnant but there ya go! 

There is a reason for everything. Bums are great motivator for preserving the human race. Truth be told. 

8 hours ago, mylolita said:

The husband used to have an 8 pack when I met him with the constant boxing. That kinda thing goes quickly as you know. And your common sense tells you of course straight women never tip - LOL!

It seems people pay for whatever nonsense on only-fans. If guys would pay to see my hairy leg then I am all for it lol. Demand and supply, basic economic principles haha

9 hours ago, mylolita said:

This is a little mini Friday night party here getting started with music and bums and chin chins on the journal but I have to turn in 🥹

If you organize a killing kittens party count me in lol

12 hours ago, yogacat said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post those beautiful songs! Do you like violin? This artist was introduced to me by my father (he's of Arab and Persian descent) and I love it quite a bit....❤️‍🔥

What a mix yoga! What a beautiful mix! The Persian Empire nearly encompassed half the world at one point!

I love the Irish and Arabic scales! They call them something don’t they? I can never remember! I love Irish fiddle folk music! Weird uncool thing about me is I play Irish wooden and tin penny whistle! HA! My Dad taught me so many folk tunes and jigs! My kids think it’s hilarious when I remember I can play and we get it out like, once a year and they dance around to me! 

I wouldn’t say I gravitate towards violin music as it stands alone but there have been some beautiful pieces I have heard in my lil’ time! 

One of my favourite violin songs is ‘My One And Only Love’ by Joe Venuti. It will always stick out in my mind because I happened to play it one morning during one of my lowest times. 

Thank you for sending on this beautiful exotic music!

And, you’re so welcome! This traditional music I hear has the similar element to the Irish jigs as they too tend to get faster and faster towards the end! 

x

• Like 1

This short visually represents my disgust for modernity. Aka, a total frontal assault on the senses, soul, beating heart and essence!!!

You’re scanning along… ahh, the beauty, the intricacy, the artistry, the DETAIL, the EXPRESSION, the magic and encapsulating glamour and wonder and master CRAFTMANSHIP of it all and then?! BAM. A carbuncle. A disgusting plight. A bland, cheap, unforgettable, depressing, stale, character-less, fast food BLIGHT on an otherworldly landscape. Otherwise known as - the modern skyscraper. 

This visual is how I feel all day, everyday, when faced with pretty much everything from 1960 onwards. I’m internally upset by it. Do people think this looks cool?!

TASTE and ARTISTRY and passion and expression LEFT the building with this one folks! 

DISGUSTING 🪄

x

I have decided in my 34 years I have a distinguished, fine tuned radar for the peculiar. I happen upon it everyday. Part in probably looking, subconsciously, and part it looking for me.

Where we live is so beautiful, and so full of church’s. The imposing 18th century Catholic Church at the top of our street is iconic to the town. Its bells ring out to me every half hour; with a smaller ditty; and every hour, with the full chime, cast out to the ocean, and the green countryside beyond. 

One of my favourite things to do with the kids is to take a picnic and sit in the church grounds. We walk and walk and run and run around the whole building, with it’s piers and steeples and jutting circular extensions, counting over and over again the bulky, gothic, maroon painted doors in their many sizes - from hobbit to giant to being able to squeeze the Lord through himself! 

Without realising it, and taking it all for granted, me and the children soak up this heady historic atmosphere of gravitas and fresh country air and ancient history. They are being brought up in a Jane Austin novel.

It’s spoilt and funny what you become accustomed too. 

My girls are English roses. This wild but polite landscape their cradle, the coastal wind a lullaby. 

If a fairy danced out from between the privet hedge rows and the winding rock flowers, you wouldn’t think twice, but to carry on your day.

This town is a sanctuary where anything could happen, whilst nothing happens, all in one breath. 

x

• Like 1

I’ve worked it out, done the girl math, and, I only need like, 500k. That’s it. Just half a mill.

Is that really so much to ask for?! 

I’m just thinking how to get it without having to sell our home. If I didn’t have the kids God forbid I would be taking some risks this month. LMAOOOOOOO.

I’ve had so much money pass through my hands at such a young age. It’s flowed right out of them again like running water. What a mentality! Sometimes I wish I could go back!

In desperation a few nights ago, I told D to “bring the laptop home tonight, I’m starting this book.” 

In sheer fear at my strange mood and sudden determination, the laptop stayed underneath the car drivers seat. I wonder if he conspired against me or if he thought I was having another dramatic turn? Probably the turn. 

Do you think I’m joking? 

I wish I were.

x

Flip the school run always gets in the bloody way!!!

You’re on a roll or you’re not on a roll but either way equals INTERRUPTION. 

I showed up at a craft and bake event for an afternoon yesterday at his school. The look on his little face when I walked through those hall doors! Oh my GOODNESS! It was enough to strike me down there and then!!! 

He was confidently say by himself at a colouring table because he told me, patting the stool next to him, “The biscuit decorating is full Mam so I told Iris she could have my place - let’s do this puzzle!” And then he gave me a tour of the dinner hall. So confident. He seemed a head and shoulders, four years worth more mature than his classmates. It dawned on me why he mostly played with the girls. The boys were there pushing each other over, scratching their bums and coughing on jacket potato’s. 

One of the other mums flagged me down from across the busy hall. 

“LO! You look FABULOUS!” 

I nearly replied in my best D*ckie Greenleaf:

“I know”.

But instead, said thanks and pulled out a spare contraband iced coffee from my burn orange little handbag and with clinked plastic cups. HAHAHAHA.

I’m so proud of him. He turned to his friend and said, while she added sweets onto a gingerbread starfish, “Do you know Tills that starfish can grow back their own legs!?” She stood up and said, “I know.” In a snotty tone. She walked away. He walked after her. I walked behind him, real curious as to what he was gonna do. He tapped her on the shoulder, and said, “Hey Matilda! Don’t be rude next time.” She looked sheepish and said sorry. I squeezed his shoulder as he walked away and whispered, “Right on!”

🤣

x

5 hours ago, mylolita said:

I’ve worked it out, done the girl math, and, I only need like, 500k. That’s it. Just half a mill.

Is that really so much to ask for?! 

It's not that much actually. I mean it's a lot but not outside of the sphere of reality. If you have already settled everything else (loans, debts etc) 500K is enough to live modestly for the rest of your life in a small town. 

5 hours ago, mylolita said:

In sheer fear at my strange mood and sudden determination, the laptop stayed underneath the car drivers seat. I wonder if he conspired against me or if he thought I was having another dramatic turn? Probably the turn. 

You have to write a book for your own sake, not only to try to make money. You got the talent but you have never used it. It's a pity. You don't want to grow old having regrets about it. 

13 minutes ago, mylolita said:

@yogacat!

Your yard is so pretty and what a beautiful and best job you’ve done!!! I adore the huge tree! What type of tree is that? 

It’s amazing to think you’ve enjoyed the music so! 

x

Thank you! ☺️

It's a beautiful pepper tree, it sheds a lot of leaves but it's worth it with the burst of color when the peppers appear! I can even smell its pepper aroma!!

I used to have a big beautiful cherry blossom tree in my front yard but it shed so many leaves and while I was out every weekend with my leaf blower, the town came and took a chainsaw to that beautiful tree. It kind of looks naked out there without the tree. 🥹 But I guess my lawn looks great less all the crunchy leaves! Heehee.

I also have a wheel barrow that is growing fresh tomatoes but there's also some mushrooms growing in it and I have no idea how to get rid of them. I live right next to a beautiful, large mountain so we get a lot of birds and possums and all sorts. We also have eagles and hawks up here.

Albino pigeons, which I never thought a pigeon could be so pretty but they are. White peacocks, wild turkeys that attack people during mating season. I've got the cream of the crop here!

Sorry, I got off point, your posts are wonderful- love the pacing and stories. And you would definitely be wonderful at writing a book!

Wow @yogacat! I am pretty ignorant! I didn’t realise they could get that big! 

Ohhhh and cherry blossom has a huge, special, tender place in my heart! The little house I grew up in had one at the front! When my Mum and Dad first went to view those little 80s starter homes as a poor and newly married couple, my Dad said the thing that drew them to the neighbourhood was all the streets being lined with, yes, an avenue of cherry blossom!

My favourite Grandma also had a bunch of cherry blossom trees mixed in with pear and apple trees! And then our last house also had one in the back courtyard! And how we have one also in our new house! They are like some good luck charm for me or something! The blossom is fleeting but beautiful! Always a magic sign of Spring! I’m sorry your neighbours cut it down; I can’t believe they did that! Outrageous!! I think that’s insane! 

I wish I could properly garden! Are you planning for more vegetables? It looks fabulous! 

Where you live sounds so serene but alive! I can picture it now actually yoga!! Amazing! You should start a journal up yourself!

And by the way, thank you, you’re so kind! Really, that is such a lovely thing to say ☺️ I’m like a 34 year old teenager here still saying woe is me and throwing tantrums and letting my emotions run away with me every other hour! But, thank you 🥲

x

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, dias said:

It's not that much actually. I mean it's a lot but not outside of the sphere of reality. If you have already settled everything else (loans, debts etc) 500K is enough to live modestly for the rest of your life in a small town. 

Dias, 500K won’t sustain me for one minute LMAO

I had a glimmer of what if I could buy this building in town - shop on the ground floor and convert and rent out maybe two flats above it. It has this cobbled court yard that’s all run down. I kind of fell in love. 

I keep convincing myself I’m going to one day buy all this stuff as well. Quite pathetic and obsessive. Part of me is very materialistic, it’s one of my down falls.

x

—-

Bow to the target 
Blame Cupid, Cupid 
You think you're smart 
Stupid, stupid

The sweetest melody 
Is an unheard refrain 
So lower your sights 
Yeah, but raise your aim, raise your aim

——

- ‘Poison Arrow’, ABC