Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diary Of A Redhead

mylolita

My shopping vibe…

🤣🤣🤣

No but seriously, that owner of that outrageously tacky reproduction antique shop in Vegas just saw Christmas Lottery and New Year all come at once when Mr Jackson walked through his door 🤣

Shopaholic anonymous tell tale signs:

Forgetting what you bought

Buying repeat or very similar items

A lack lustre trance like honed frenzy for the shop and spend experience, whilst also outwardly appearing bored

Loss of thought or control

Absolute disregard for any budget 

Panic when you might not be able to own something you see and want

Everything an urge, or bought on an impulsive whim without much consideration 

Tasteless tat but Y’know, been there, done that, bought the chess set… LMAO

x

It’s nearly 1am, the embers of an evening fire are dying. I’m here dancing around a pitch black living room off the back of such a lovely weekend, only a hundred candles to light my way.

I thought you might appreciate my midnight SANG @yogacat!

I’m feeling strange. I’m feeling woke up. I’m feeling great! I’m feeling like, it might just be now or ever.

But most of all, I feel like dancing.

x

• Like 1

I have a few ol’ little things in this hand of cards I was dealt… one of those is, oh! What’s this? EN-ER-GY!!!!!!!!!

It’s rained the whole night. A street lamp shines religiously down into the back lane, casting a halo atop the showers.

Have you ever seen anything so God damn pretty as rain drops hanging from an empty washing line? 

It’ll all break your heart in two if you look too long.

x

13 hours ago, mylolita said:

It’s nearly 1am, the embers of an evening fire are dying. I’m here dancing around a pitch black living room off the back of such a lovely weekend, only a hundred candles to light my way.

I thought you might appreciate my midnight SANG @yogacat!

I’m feeling strange. I’m feeling woke up. I’m feeling great! I’m feeling like, it might just be now or ever.

But most of all, I feel like dancing.

x

Love it! 

G'morning to you!! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mylolita!

Thought of you the music that I love and our passion for dance. 🤪

I am really sprucing up my backyard thanks to your lovely inspiration!

I am making it my own little yogacat oasis.🌴

• Thanks 1
On 4/4/2024 at 4:29 PM, yogacat said:

Mylolita!

Thought of you the music that I love and our passion for dance. 🤪

I am really sprucing up my backyard thanks to your lovely inspiration!

I am making it my own little yogacat oasis.🌴

YOGA! 

Sweetheart, I love the idea of gardening and you so diligently working on your plot! I can tell by the way you hung your lights that you have brilliant attention to detail! 

I’d love to see a picture but understand if that’s too personal! 

Thought I’d send you something corny but upbeat to garden to at the weekend! I’m trying to work on our yard too! I need to spend some money first so it’s on hold a little, but I’d love to get a run of potted lilac trees to make a kind of, “walled garden avenue”! 

I have plans to host a summer BBQ once my spruce has finished as well Yoga, and invite lots of neighbours from the street! I have a fire pit as well I’m dying to use! 

I’m kind of, for the first time, really longing for a proper back garden with lawn and maybe a tiny kind of orchard. I’ve got this obsession as well with old, winding Magnolia trees. I’ve been taking country walks with the kids and we pass a lot of sleepy, hidden, Georgian cottages with a stretched green ahead of them; often lined with ancient established pear trees and old, moss walls. 

Our yard is nothing like your garden by the way! I think your garden is absolutely beautiful and serene. Ours is very small in this house and a typical walled Victorian, paved yard! No original cobbles left, I wish there were. Some here still have the coal hatch where a wagon would come along and a little boy would throw a bag of coal into your coal shed. We do have a lovely and established big apple tree on our front lawn, and I have planted another apple and two pear trees along the front path to the door. They stand against a 18th century “London Brick” wall which means; these pale glazed bricks we have over here, normally you see them a lot in the South.

I’m secretly a frustrated wannabe fantasy gardener. I think I could happily spend 6 days a week in a big garden with the kids. Maybe someday, although we’ve got ourselves finally settled here and it would kill me to shift the family again, even if it was to a “dream plot!”

Anyway, when I look at your garden, I can smell the clean, fresh air just from the photo! That pepper tree!!!

I’d love to grow vegetables in horizontal troughs along a section of our wall. It’s not really me to look into anything, but I might have too. Probably won’t though. Probably will get the stuff then just chuck bits in and see what happens! 

My Grandad, who had the most magical, practical kitchen and ornamental garden used to say, “Things want to live.”

Me and the kids threw down some scented night stock wild seeds in the little sections where I had the builders dig a deep trench and not lay flags - and my God I think they’ve actually took?! We never even watered them or followed the instructions! My Mum was there when we did it and she said; “Don’t be disappointed if they don’t take - they’re hard to grow but smell amazing when they come out.” 

Fingers crossed. It’s the good luck from my three little green thumbed babes I think!!!! 

x

PS! Sorry to go on… I’m so into mythical, whimsical, Pagan/Celtic and trickster kind of little hangings. Also stone hangings and plaques  depicting ancient mythology in the garden. I got started on my collection with a tiny “Green Man” at the bottom of our yard where the gate is. I find him totally cute. Is that weird? 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0683.jpeg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mylolita said:

YOGA! 

Sweetheart, I love the idea of gardening and you so diligently working on your plot! I can tell by the way you hung your lights that you have brilliant attention to detail! 

I’d love to see a picture but understand if that’s too personal! 

Thought I’d send you something corny but upbeat to garden to at the weekend! I’m trying to work on our yard too! I need to spend some money first so it’s on hold a little, but I’d love to get a run of potted lilac trees to make a kind of, “walled garden avenue”! 

I have plans to host a summer BBQ once my spruce has finished as well Yoga, and invite lots of neighbours from the street! I have a fire pit as well I’m dying to use! 

I’m kind of, for the first time, really longing for a proper back garden with lawn and maybe a tiny kind of orchard. I’ve got this obsession as well with old, winding Magnolia trees. I’ve been taking country walks with the kids and we pass a lot of sleepy, hidden, Georgian cottages with a stretched green ahead of them; often lined with ancient established pear trees and old, moss walls. 

Our yard is nothing like your garden by the way! I think your garden is absolutely beautiful and serene. Ours is very small in this house and a typical walled Victorian, paved yard! No original cobbles left, I wish there were. Some here still have the coal hatch where a wagon would come along and a little boy would throw a bag of coal into your coal shed. We do have a lovely and established big apple tree on our front lawn, and I have planted another apple and two pear trees along the front path to the door. They stand against a 18th century “London Brick” wall which means; these pale glazed bricks we have over here, normally you see them a lot in the South.

I’m secretly a frustrated wannabe fantasy gardener. I think I could happily spend 6 days a week in a big garden with the kids. Maybe someday, although we’ve got ourselves finally settled here and it would kill me to shift the family again, even if it was to a “dream plot!”

Anyway, when I look at your garden, I can smell the clean, fresh air just from the photo! That pepper tree!!!

I’d love to grow vegetables in horizontal troughs along a section of our wall. It’s not really me to look into anything, but I might have too. Probably won’t though. Probably will get the stuff then just chuck bits in and see what happens! 

My Grandad, who had the most magical, practical kitchen and ornamental garden used to say, “Things want to live.”

Me and the kids threw down some scented night stock wild seeds in the little sections where I had the builders dig a deep trench and not lay flags - and my God I think they’ve actually took?! We never even watered them or followed the instructions! My Mum was there when we did it and she said; “Don’t be disappointed if they don’t take - they’re hard to grow but smell amazing when they come out.” 

Fingers crossed. It’s the good luck from my three little green thumbed babes I think!!!! 

x

PS! Sorry to go on… I’m so into mythical, whimsical, Pagan/Celtic and trickster kind of little hangings. Also stone hangings and plaques  depicting ancient mythology in the garden. I got started on my collection with a tiny “Green Man” at the bottom of our yard where the gate is. I find him totally cute. Is that weird? 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0683.jpeg

Tiny green man? Hmm... maybe a little weird, but I like weird. He looks a little spooky. I feel like I should be saying to it "stop looking at me." 🙂 

Statues. Me like! I purchased a little T-rex statue...Put grass in his mouth and sat him in front of my house as a watch dog.

It may have been a little stupid and weird, but it amused me. And I live to amuse myself. 

Imma take some pictures and post them...I ordered a few things so it's not all the way I want it to look yet, but eventually, hopefully, it will be.

Summer Bbq sounds fantastic. Just don't burn the veggie sausages.😉

15 hours ago, yogacat said:

Tiny green man? Hmm... maybe a little weird, but I like weird. He looks a little spooky. I feel like I should be saying to it "stop looking at me." 🙂 

Statues. Me like! I purchased a little T-rex statue...Put grass in his mouth and sat him in front of my house as a watch dog.

It may have been a little stupid and weird, but it amused me. And I live to amuse myself. 

Imma take some pictures and post them...I ordered a few things so it's not all the way I want it to look yet, but eventually, hopefully, it will be.

Summer Bbq sounds fantastic. Just don't burn the veggie sausages.😉

Morning Yoga! 

That’s funny! My son would LOVE that and think it was the best garden ornament he’d ever seen!!

Maybe it’s subconsciously because we are coming into Spring? But my fascination and draw to the Celtic and pagan symbol of The Green Man started last year, last Spring. I know nothing about the mythology behind him although I am so into mythology of most kinds, especially Greek! Anyway, I don’t know whether it is my Celt wild roots that call me to these things…? But, I’ve been looking into it recently and came across some eccentric Brits in their mini back room mock libraries! And poets and natural strays with slow lives talking about the naturalistic meaning behind this ancient symbol! 

Is something about the philosophy calling out to me? I’m not sure! 

Anyway, I came across this poem from the linked video. I had to write it down. I’m just so into the “mythical” garden image at the moment. Thought you might like! 

This is how I’m spending a very quiet; very still Sunday morning while my husband has the kids out of the house!

’The Green Man’

——

A foliating foliage,

he haunts his local habitation.

The tutorly spirit, ripened of wildest blackberry, protector of the bees

Humblest once, cloves to honeysuckles, from Elms to Maple, he cares for the wood as if it were his garden.

The iridescent lights of night are started in his eyes

He gathers food for his greenwood table, and once in ages so long, now forgotten, his greening power helped even us to grow.

He was our teacher and our dearest friend, 

But now, on this new wine we are besotted, drunk on technological flow

Still, even in the gales,

he will not bend.

——

I wish I had noted the authors name, might add it in if I can.

In Celtic and European mythology he represents Spring and life. He apparently; in mythology, formed the tree at the centre of the earth which all other trees grow from - The Tree Of Life.

And here he is, this morning. Chilling in the coastal wind 🌲 I need him to sprinkle his growing magic on the Virginia Creeper I just planted to cover the walls! 

All the best,

x

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, dias said:

When you look it from a distance like in the first photo it does look a bit creepy but when you look at him closely he actually looks happy full of wisdom.

Cheers Dias! 

Like little old Grandfather Time 🌳!

Hope you’re well!

• Like 1

The green man gives me the heebie jeebies. 😁 But I LOVE it's history, very neat!

My hanging ornament doesn't have much of a history. I dig the cosmos (science nerd here....). I picked it up at a local craft fair. I like how the sun and moon are connected, balance between light and dark, day and night...

Huzzah!

PS. Question, how did you get your little green man attached to the brick?

20240410_084438 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1
On 4/10/2024 at 5:12 PM, yogacat said:

The green man gives me the heebie jeebies. 😁 But I LOVE it's history, very neat!

My hanging ornament doesn't have much of a history. I dig the cosmos (science nerd here....). I picked it up at a local craft fair. I like how the sun and moon are connected, balance between light and dark, day and night...

Huzzah!

PS. Question, how did you get your little green man attached to the brick?

20240410_084438 (1).jpg

Yoga!

Love your ornament! 

Are you interested in physics? We have the “even shorter” history of time and space here in the bookcase by our very own Stephen Hawkins - my husbands read it, but not me! 

And I’m totally useless and so is the husband! I call on my Dad for most minor DIY jobs! He put a nail into the wall and there is a metal loop hook on the back of the little stone head. It’s only a small hanging, you can probably tell in relation to the gate. 

I have a kind of, nostalgia for Celtic mythology and even Greek mythology and folklore from my Mum, who was big into fairy iconography. I have some happy magical childhood memories because, my Mum would create little “fairy houses” out of real bark with moss covered roofs and rustic hand made dolls furniture, and would leave us little “messages” and “poems” from the garden fairies. We thought it was completely true of course. When I was about 7 I realised it was my Mums scroll on a dainty piece of tissue paper written in teal glitter pen - HA! 

I spent a lot of my childhood going for long walks in the woods, and visiting historic castles and Abby’s which, there are so many of obviously here in England. For example, the type of parents I had - for New Years, one year, we went to Midlam Castle where they held a medieval night with a lute player who sung historic sonnets until about 2am. They had both great fires on in a real medieval hall in a castle, and served mulled wine. This was beyond amazing to me who was about 12 at the time, my sister will have been 10. 

I still take my own kids out nearly every week to certain historic haunts I always spent weekends at in my childhood. When I met my husband, and he talked of going to trampoline parks and laser quest and arcades - we never did any of that. My parents were members of English Heritage and The National Trust and we used to tour Renaissance mansions and grounds on a Sunday - LOL! Or go to forests. I think our children now have a mix of both worlds! 

Love your yard! Can’t wait to see more maybe! I still can’t get over your beautiful tree!!!! Ever climbed it?! Looked like you could have a full blown tree house in there Yoga! 

x

• Like 1

When I was about 14, I went through a phase of sketching a lot during lunch break. I used to take myself away out of the dinner hall and retreat into the arts block. Sometimes there was no one there, and then often, a small group of bohemian type students. Most were older than me and we got talking. But much like the “Library Kids”, the “Art Kids” kept to themselves and you had an hour of peace in a hum drum, useless, bore of a successful school. 

I even remember the smell of the art block. Central heating dry, crisp paper. The sharp aroma of ink in pots, always with drips and spills all around the petite glass jars. The silky taint of oil paints left in palettes, forever stained. 

I had and always will have, an obsession with eyes. I drove to my parents and found a few ink sketches I’d done, all mostly of eyes and faces. 

I don’t class myself as good at art, far from it by the way, but it was always an easy class for me and I took it half because it drew some curious, languid passion in my and half because I was always too thick and too low in IQ to ever get anything to do with God damn maths! 

Windows to the soul. Totally.

x

IMG_0762.jpeg

• Like 3

“So Jane. Etiquette. How do we say goodbye? Teach me, I’m not quite up to it.”

“You say farewell, or, anything else we might prefer. Farewell Mr Rochester, for the present.”

”And what must I say in return?”

”The same. If you like.”

“And I will say… don’t go Jane.”

x

16 hours ago, mylolita said:

I had and always will have, an obsession with eyes. I drove to my parents and found a few ink sketches I’d done, all mostly of eyes and faces. 

Hidden talent! Are your daughters artsy? 

2 hours ago, dias said:

Hidden talent! Are your daughters artsy? 

Cheers Dias! 🥹 

I wouldn’t stretch to the word talent…! But, I used to do these very quick ink sketches, that one was probably 15 mins. I’m starting to see a bit of a pattern where I do a lot of things quick, like writing and cleaning and other kind of “tasks”. I never dedicate myself to anything, it’s a curse. Jack of a lot of trades, master of none. I throw myself into things quickly in a self taught way and then sack it off. I suppose the only consistent things I do have been dancing and writing. My Mum and Dad are fairly artistic. I’ve always wanted to have a go painting an oil on canvas portrait! Or just a segment of an intense pair of beautiful EYES! 

I did a stint attending nude art classes. I then became the model for a bit for extra money - LOL! Dabbled in ceramics, dabbled in dress making for a very brief and short time in my early teens!

I can appreciate art by God and as you know, we have it everywhere in the house, along with me fluffing about in interior I suppose but again, I don’t see that as a thing. 

My kids are all very artistic, much more artistic than me! And I know parents say that; but I have to have a bit of a, proud parent moment and say, my little chiddlers draw every morning at our big antique table. I set out pens and water colours and things for them and they do that before I wake up. My husband has a big interest in birds, especially exotic birds and he knows most Latin names as well. Our kids have picked this up. These are two little pictures my son scribbled out at 5 years old. In my opinion, these are pretty darn good and even show a “style” for a 5 year old. My middle daughter is very much the same.

You might be able to tell the first one is a Robin who he saw in the garden that morning! 

I guess I don’t list off things I “know how to do” because, who does that really and especially on a journal? I play guitar but acoustic and I finger pick it/pluck - my Dad also has a 12 string I’ll pick that up. I also dabbled with Celtic harp and borrowed one for 6 months and semi taught myself. I can play the flute LOL this is left over from school. I could maybe just about wing it in an orchestra. I play penny whistle as well, Irish jigs (errr this is the Irish heritage coming out I guess!). Oh I’ll pick up absolutely any instrument. I play a bit of piano as well. It’s all in my own way, like I do everything, I don’t learn the rules first I kind of attempt everything a** backwards. 

I dabble in a lot of things over the years Dias but like I say, “master of none!” 🤣

x

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

• Like 3

I remember a lot of teachers saying “IF ONLY YOU’D APPLY YOURSELF!”

But I think often they presumed more effort = better, but with me, I actually don’t think that’s often the case. But then again, I’ve never really tried at anything much because I’m a lazy bee and spend too many hours drinking coffee, over thinking and planning what to buy and obsess over next, item, person or place! 🤣

My biggest most consistent and challenging; but fruitful effort has been in my marriage and family, and to me, that’s enough for any one gal and enough to keep you always ticking over when done to a kind of, personal and private “art form!”

I think everyone has at least one ability talent! What is yours @dias?

x

On 4/12/2024 at 6:41 AM, mylolita said:

When I was about 14, I went through a phase of sketching a lot during lunch break. I used to take myself away out of the dinner hall and retreat into the arts block. Sometimes there was no one there, and then often, a small group of bohemian type students. Most were older than me and we got talking. But much like the “Library Kids”, the “Art Kids” kept to themselves and you had an hour of peace in a hum drum, useless, bore of a successful school. 

I even remember the smell of the art block. Central heating dry, crisp paper. The sharp aroma of ink in pots, always with drips and spills all around the petite glass jars. The silky taint of oil paints left in palettes, forever stained. 

I don’t class myself as good at art, far from it by the way, but it was always an easy class for me and I took it half because it drew some curious, languid passion in my and half because I was always too thick and too low in IQ to ever get anything to do with God damn maths! 

Windows to the soul. Totally.

x

IMG_0762.jpeg

Very cool...

Is this just from imagination or a woman you saw?

Love it!

• Thanks 1
On 4/13/2024 at 11:47 AM, mylolita said:

I remember a lot of teachers saying “IF ONLY YOU’D APPLY YOURSELF!”

If teachers followed their own advice they wouldn't have been teachers...

On 4/13/2024 at 11:47 AM, mylolita said:

I think everyone has at least one ability talent! What is yours @dias?

Unfortunately nothing tangible 🙂 Discipline from intangible. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/13/2024 at 4:45 PM, yogacat said:

Very cool...

Is this just from imagination or a woman you saw?

Love it!

Cheers Yoga!!! 

Y’know, I honestly can’t remember! I think I was about 14 when I scribbled that. Probably was copied or inspired by seeing something: at that point I was into 1920’s female brooding make-up. I was obsessed with the blunt bobs, plum Cupid bows tiny lips and the drawn eyes and brows! It’s something along those lines! Someone who should be called “Lois” probably 🤣

But thanks Yoga! 

x