I like being a doormat.

cupcake22

I wanted to know if anyone else feels this way. I am happiest when I am living to make someone else happy. I make my SO the center of my life and will do anything to keep them. All I want in life is to have a husband and family. I have no ambition to have a career, I just want to be a house wife.

Good luck with that. You have no self esteem and no identity to yourself outside of relationship.

You will.attract a man with control issues who will use these traits to isolate you from friends and family, get you pregnant....and then cheat on you whenever he feels like it.

If you are lucky...he will not be physically abusive. Your child will grow up in a home accepting that women are weak and have no value...

Sound appealing?

Good luck with that. You have no self esteem and no identity to yourself outside of relationship.

You will.attract a man with control issues who will use these traits to isolate you from friends and family, get you pregnant....and then cheat on you whenever he feels like it.

If you are lu my...he will not be physically abusive. Your child will grow up in a home accepting that women are weak and have no value...

Sound appealing?

Oh I know it's a terrible thing, but I don't really see how I can change my personality. It's just who I am. I only feel worthy when in a relationship.

Believe this, because I am watching this exact scenario happen to an old friend of mine...who is also a doormat

Forgive me if you've already looked this up but it sounds like you have codependent issues. I have them as well and you sound similar to me. I second recommending getting some therapy to help you with that or at least look up codependency and see if that describes you, and if so, then seek counseling.

The problem with making a guy the center of your universe to keep him is that this will exhaust him.

Exhausted people don't feel the love. Before long they feel boredom and resentment.

Consider making an appointment with a therapist. Start with your counselor at school, and ask for a referral.

Sounds like you have a very very low self-esteem and zero self-worth and unfortunately with those two traits it is very unlikely that you'll ever have a happy, healthy, successful relationship (imo). Might be a good idea to seek professional counseling/therapy to find out where all this is coming from.

So if you're happy being that way why are you posting about it? And no, I'm not that way at all. Not even close. I like being happy with myself first and having a life, so I don't need to be dependent on others. I don't expect anyone else to be my entertainment center. I was only miserable when I was trying to be a people pleaser--that is soooo overrated.

Archived