Online Dating - Oops - advice please

doicare

Hi There,

I just sent out a few emails over the past few days. I just noticed that I had a rather generic intro riddled with grammatical errors, and feel like I may have burnt a couple really cute prospects.

Should I re-email them, saying something, "Hey just emailed you a few days ago, only today realizing how brutal my profile intro looked. Anyhow, just updated it, and seeing as I had a good feeling about you, figured I'd push reset button and re-introduce myself

Insert copy of original message..."

What do you think? Have nothing to lose right? Maybe give it a couple days, then send something.

This is my intro - comments appreciated

I consider myself a happy, easy going, creative, motivated and social person. I love to be active, spend time with friends, explore places and seek out a good time. I love music and concerts, making the most of every season, whether that be skiing and skating in the winter to enjoying festivals and hiking mountains in the summer. Travelling is one of my biggest passions, and I'd love to see as many places as I can.

I am self employed in international trade with a couple partners in Europe, travel quite a bit for work and love what I do, so work doesn't really feel like work at all. Fortunately I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule as a result; and while I do work a lot, I still manage to make time for all the things that are important to me.

I'm looking to meet someone outgoing, down to earth, curious about the world, and who's interested new experiences. Someone who likes to have a good time, whether that be relaxing at home watching a movie or on standing top of a mountain. I'll plagiarize a bit here as I really liked what I saw someone write on their profile, and that is that great moments are always better when you have someone special to share them with.

I just recently signed up to this site, and Im looking forward to meeting some like minded people. And as awesome as it would be to meet my female equivalent, I believe good friendship and chemistry are the first and foremost priorities Lets start with a hi, and see where it goes from there.....

Look forward to meeting you!"

Thanks for the input.

Yikes, don't do it. You'll come accross as totally desperate and stalkerish. Hey I didn't hear from you the first time, so I amended my profile, do you like me now? Please write to me....please....I'll amend it again and send you a new copy.....and another..... Well, you get the idea. It's not good, don't do it.

Also, that whole last paragraph is kind of wasting space and doesn't really say anything interesting. Everybody is there to meet someone special. It's redundant. Put in some specifics - what kind of music, what kind of concerts? Give her something to say "me too" or "that's interesting I want to learn more about him". Right now it just reads like Joe Everybody - likes to travel, wants to stay in and watch movies, wants to share that with someone. Try my goal is to paddle up the Amazon for a few weeks next year, I'm a country music junkie, and I know all the lines to the movie Blues Brothers. Now you are Joe Somebody whose profile stands out. Sorry I know you didn't ask for advice on that, but I couldn't help myself.

Also, that whole last paragraph is kind of wasting space and doesn't really say anything interesting. Everybody is there to meet someone special. It's redundant. Put in some specifics - what kind of music, what kind of concerts? Give her something to say "me too" or "that's interesting I want to learn more about him". Right now it just reads like Joe Everybody

I agree. I read it and it was generic like a million other profiles I've read... and since I only read women's profiles, that's not good!

Put some personality into it! You might turn off some people, but you'll probably attract more people with whom you have more in common.

Hahahaha, that's hilarious. Thanks Dancing fool and ND40 - I thought my profile was pretty decent but I guess not. I dont really want to get too into specifics, just a foot in the door. Last paragraph was to give a little insight into me (i.e. bit of humour, but looking for some chemistry). But I see how Im very unspecific, however I thought it created at least a little mystery. I'll rework it for sure. Luckily I still have some of my favourite girls left to email.

That said I just got favourited by a pretty smoking girl - personality who knows. That makes two this week. Add that to having a blast dancing with a fun cutie this weekend at a bar, at the very least, it's a great confidence booster after my breakup a few weeks back!

That said I just got favourited by a pretty smoking girl - personality who knows. That makes two this week. Add that to having a blast dancing with a fun cutie this weekend at a bar, at the very least, it's a great confidence booster after my breakup a few weeks back!

It's okay. I do not think anyone actually thinks less of you because of the information you gave. I mean, maybe they do. But who you interact with in real life matters more. I wish you good luck.

And, obviously, do not resend that email.

Archived