Boston Marathon Explosions

Hoagy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This feels like a replay of 9-11.

Agreed. This tragedy is as senseless as the media witch hunt that will likely follow it. Thousands of people die for no good reason every day. Without corresponding TV coverage to rile us up we unknowingly honor them by living our lives as best we can, not by dwelling in anger, fear, and vehemence. I pray our nation can remember this instead of allowing the energy of our condolences to be twisted into more political and religious hatred and vitriol. The running community that I know is comprised of peaceful, disciplined, and benevolent people. I find it unlikely that the victims themselves will seek a greater vengeance here, and I hope the pundits will respect that.

my thoughts and prayers also ....

we will never know why this world is so cruel or why we hurt each other in this way .

crazy have you heard from your friend yet ?

Not yet. She is a former work colleague who now works at another area of the university I work for so hopefully she will call or send an email today.

I don't have anything else to say or repeat what others have wrote, but I do offer my prayers and sympathy to all the victims and families involved.

Yes, this was a direct terrorist attack. But as a daughter of one of the many firefighters who was in 9/11 and at the Pentagon/WTC... this isn't a "replay" of it. Perhaps the Oklahoma City bombing, but not on the same mass scale as 9/11. We don't know who started it and for what yet. either way, we're gonna find 'em.

The issue is not only the attacks of the terrorists but the core errors of human tendencies which creates the terrorists. Most of the world in more or less degrees contains this instinct to hurt others. As long as there is evil in each one of us, this collective evil will continue to express itself.

Hi all...I have not posted here in a long time, but just checking in to see what was being said about this event.

I'm a Bostonian and have never gone to the marathon (always working). I really never had any interest either, but I am going next year. These types of attacks really want to scare us from living our lives the way we want. The way I see it, as long as we keep living our lives freely, those who attack us are colossal failures.

Thank you all for the well wishes for our city!

-hb

My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in this time of tragedy. I'm stunned and sad, but feeling defiant and unwilling to be frightened. In fact, although I haven't run for more than three decades I have my running shoes out of my closet and I think I'm going to take the sport back up. Everyone be a light in this time of darkness.

My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in this time of tragedy. I'm stunned and sad, but feeling defiant and unwilling to be frightened. In fact, although I haven't run for more than three decades I have my running shoes out of my closet and I think I'm going to take the sport back up. Everyone be a light in this time of darkness.

I like it. Way to make something positive out of this!

Dedicated to the innocent victims who have lost their lives in Boston Marathon bombings.

link removed

How We Survive

If we are fortunate,

we are given a warning.

If not,

there is only the sudden horror,

the wrench of being torn apart;

of being reminded

that nothing is permanent,

not even the ones we love,

the ones our lives revolve around.

Life is a fragile affair.

We are all dancing

on the edge of a precipice,

a dizzying cliff so high

we can't see the bottom.

One by one,

we lose those we love most

into the dark ravine.

So we must cherish them

without reservation.

Now.

Today.

This minute.

We will lose them

or they will lose us

someday.

This is certain.

There is no time for bickering.

And their loss

will leave a great pit in our hearts;

a pit we struggle to avoid

during the day

and fall into at night.

Some,

unable to accept this loss,

unable to determine

the worth of life without them,

jump into that black pit

spiritually or physically,

hoping to find them there.

And some survive

the shock,

the denial,

the horror,

the bargaining,

the barren, empty aching,

the unanswered prayers,

the sleepless nights

when their breath is crushed

under the weight of silence

and all that it means.

Somehow, some survive all that and,

like a flower opening after a storm,

they slowly begin to remember

the one they lost

in a different way...

The laughter,

the irrepressible spirit,

the generous heart,

the way their smile made them feel,

the encouragement they gave

even as their own dreams were dying.

And in time, they fill the pit

with other memories

the only memories that really matter.

We will still cry.

We will always cry.

But with loving reflection

more than hopeless longing.

And that is how we survive.

That is how the story should end.

That is how they would want it to be.

Author: Mark Rickerby

I am not American, but i love this land, i prefer it over my own, its my home by choice, and i will defend it against anyone, even if it is my own people, this land has given me anything i wanted, respect, love, integrity and freedom, what does not kill you, make you strong, unfortunately those coward events kill people but yet make us strong, united and we shall remain like that in the face of terror, face of hatred. I pray for the safety of anyone that is safe, for blessing to those who are dead, to a very long and healthy life to those who are injured. This land is stronger than what anyone think, all this sound just like an ant scratch on the back of an elephant

Archived