Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Last night I was up until 1 while working on a big homework assignment. I am quite tired today. But I still have a bit of work to do on it and it is due tonight. I am almost finished though.

Tomorrow I am going over to a friend's house to help her unpack her boxes from her move. She said she is almost done but just has boxes sitting on the couch to take care of. I will help her for a few hours.

Went over to help my friend this morning for a few hours. This afternoon I have lots of reading to do for my classes.

It's nice to have time with friends isn't it? A good friend that I used to work with is coming to stay with me for about a week starting on the second.

Well yesterday I stayed home and did a lot of homework and reading for my class.

AAA came and got my truck jumped, but he showed me that the batteries were leaking and shot. And yes, batteries in plural. I guess my big truck has two.

So I went over to a tire and battery place and $300 later my truck is fixed...

I didn't have the luxury off shopping around because I needed the transportation. The AAA guy said that 11 years life for the old batteries was pretty good so I guess I should be thankful for that. And I was very thankful that the battery guy worked an hour overtime to put in my battery. The shop closed at 6 but they finished at 7.

The poor guys were so sweaty because it was 98 degrees here yesterday!!!

It was so so hot. It was still 82 at 1:30 am. This morning it is a nice cool 77 out...

Today I have to get the oil changed for my truck. I have lots of homework to do. I need to mow the lawn. And I am out of salad stuff so maybe I will go to the farmers market. I better get my lazy bones going so I can get it done before it gets hot again...

Got the lawn mowed but I didn't make it to the farmers market. Too hot out, so I got produce at Costco instead. I also decided to do the oil change on Monday because I need some other things done to the truck too.

When I went to Costco it was not as hot today- only 89. How strange that 89 can be a relief and truly it was. A guy picking up carts in the parking lot said that two employees fainted from the heat yesterday while picking up carts in the hot weather. We are just not used to the heat here.

It is still hot around here!

This weekend it will be even hotter - and drier. I am concerned about fire safety with the fireworks so I have been watering my lawn even though we are in a drought.

When out on our walk today we ran into a guy who is originally from Nevada and it has been so hot there that his friend's cactus died. So I guess I shouldn't complain.

I have been immersed in my classes and it is so much work! But they offer very helpful information for me to use in my new job in the fall.

Younger son is with his dad this week.

I have a friend who is in her 60s. She got divorced about the same time I did. She is such a friendly and outgoing person but she has said she is done with relationships.

Today we,went for a,hike and she told me that she had met a guy in California when she was driving her daughter to college and he got her phone number.

He lives in another state but he keeps calling her to invite her to come visit him. This week he was going to be passing through our city so he offered to meet her for a drink at 9. But she said no that is too late (especially because she only met him once).

I was supposed to go to an outdoor wedding today. The past three days have been around 97 or 98 and I am just wiped out. I had so much homework to do today and I still do. I got done the necessary stuff but will get back to it soon. I skipped the wedding. I just didn't have the energy to drive 45 minutes to it and be out in the heat and then have to get home for my school work.

It was cooler today though, around 90

My younger son is with his dad and they went to a barbeque. I spoke with my older son today who had his own plans and I had mine too.

It was a strange day altogether - my poor cat is freaking out today because first there was a little earthquake this morning and now all of the noise from the holiday fireworks are starting. She is hiding under my bed.

It has been so hot and dry that I am concerned about fire hazard around my house. I have the sprinkler running in the front but when I went to turn on the faucet in the back there is a wasp nest right by the faucet and I almost was attacked! It is a nest in the faucet cover right by the faucet. I moved it over and they started to fly out of there! Yikes!

All I had was a mixture of dish soap and vinegar and lemon juice so I sprayed that on there as much as I could but I think I am just going to have to wait until it gets colder out so I can deal with it when they are not flying around. I don't want to use poison because the cat sleeps there sometimes (although I doubt she does right now).

The earthquake was weird. We have been having little earthquakes around Oregon the past few months, so something is up. I guess I had better organize my emergency stuff just in case.

It felt like my bed was on top of some little waves for a few seconds.

Well time to get back to my schoolwork...

We had a 5.I 86 earth quake 6 years ago. It was pretty scary!

I remember the eruption of Mount St Helen's we even heard it in Vancouver, BC.

Well, it was only 4.2 at the epicenter and I live miles away from there. So I am not sure why we felt it but it did shake the house a bit.

I remember Mt St Helens too. I was living in Portland area at the time. I have a friend that was on the mountain and he barely got down in time. It was a mess of ash afterwards.

A few years later we drove up to see the damage. It was surreal. Trees were down like a bunch of matchsticks.