Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

I need to remind myself not to take two classes next summer. It is just too much with my mom duties and taking care of the house and yard and volunteer committee meetings, etc. Too stressful trying to get things done.

Anyhow, I have spent the last 4 days working on mounds of reading, discussions, and assignments. I had to get something turned in by midnight tonight - Eastern Standard time - which is 9:00 my time. I got it done and turned in - 1 minute late but I don't that will be a problem. I hope.

Meanwhile my sons cooked a nice dinner for me for my birthday. And they cleaned up too! Since I was still wrestling with the assignment I worked on it in the other room while my boys chatted and caught up. It was so wonderful to hear them talk and laugh together!

My friend J is driving down to stay with me this weekend and then we will drive together to go to the Oregon Country fair in another part of the state. It is a real hippie type of fair - so you will see people wearing tie die and all sorts of crazy costumes. Even body paint sometimes. There should be great music and great art.

My friend C met a guy last fall when taking her daughter to college. He was taking his son to school too, but traveling the opposite direction. Somehow they met at a restaurant and he got her number. He has been calling her recently because he has been passing through town for various reasons.

He keeps inviting her to go on trips with him or visit him at his home (in another state ). She has not encouraged it because he lives in another state. But she did meet up with him yesterday when he was passing through town.

They went for a walk and then had coffee.

He was more touchy (physical I mean) than she was comfortable with. He even told her that he would like to be intimate with her because he thinks that is part if the whole dating package. But she told him she want to get to know him better first.

She doesn't yet know his last name so she hasn't been able to check up on him yet.

I haven't been on here much because I have been so busy.

Church meetings, my birthday, homework projects (major ones!), and then I had to get my son off to summer camp. And I was in charge of gathering paperwork for all of the physical forms for the,scouts and adults. A lot of photocopying those forms and calling people to get them taken care of.

Thanks guys. The funny thing about that post - I wrote it last night before going to sleep. Or actually I was so completely exhausted that I fell asleep while writing it. The last part of the last sentence was "and they went to the beach".

Apparently I fell asleep while writing that post and started dreaming. I have no idea what the reference to the beach was! I started to delete that and write more but decided to bag it and go to sleep properly. Haha!

Okay so- here is the rest of the story.

My friend J is visiting and got here Friday morning. She knows I am taking classes and she did other things to amuse herself. But our plan was for her to come here for the weekend and on Sunday we would drive together to the Oregon Country Fair for the day.

So it made for a very long day yesterday. But the problem was that I had not planned my time well with other obligations. I had a huge project due for one class, then I was in charge of gathering all of the medical forms for everyone going to summer camp. And I had to make sure my son packed for camp because they were leaving at 7 am on Saturday.

Add my birthday in there. Major projects for my other class- a surprise fundraising project that I won in a silent auction that ended up on Saturday morning, my in laws calling me at 10 pm because their battery died and they were stranded. And there is more.

Anyhow, I got my son off to summer camp and hopefully the troop has all of the correct forms. Went to the thing I won in the auction- which was fun. Came home and worked on homework until 1 am and then up at 6:30 am to finish it. Then off for a very long day driving together to the fair with my friend who has been sorely neglected this weekend.

So - the fair. I hadn't been there in 3 years. It is not your typical fair.

Hmm... how can I describe the experience. The fair has been a yearly tradition for many years. I think it started out as a Rennaisance fair but evolved into what it is today.

It is situated in some partially wooded property and they set up booths and stages all over the place. They had food booths and craft booths. This year they even put in a dance floor.

If you went to the fair for the first time then you might think you had stepped back into the early 70s. Because it was all hippie, with tied died shirts and beads and 70s attire. The theme is all about peace and love and taking care of the environment.

They have music and plays and lectures all scheduled at the different stages throughout, and you can choose what to go to. So yesterday we saw: flamenco dancing, Jewish rap about being vegan and treating animals kindly, a lecture on bees, some folk music about peace and taking care of the envirinment, circus acrobatics, lots of great music, a drum circle, and so much more! And then the long drive home.

My friend is getting to leave so I will post more later.

Today I cancelled walking with my friend C. I was up late completing work for one class, and still have work yet to do for the other. I am working through it but it is due tonight.

They are both great classes but I am stretched with trying to do summer stuff and mom stuff and house maintenance. My house is a mess, my lawn needs to be mowed, and I have a mountain of laundry to fold and put away.

Looking forward to the end of July when my real summer starts.

Younger son is home from scout camp. It was a 7 hour drive from another state - and today was 99 degrees hot! Summer camp plus long hot bus ride = very disgusting adolescent odors... So I sent him straight to the shower.

He can unpack and do his laundry tomorrow...

But he had a fabulous time!