Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Well, just a few more days of full time work and then I go half time after spring break. I had a meeting with the person I am going to job share with and she is nervous about how it will go. But I am excited to work with her and I told her I will support her as much as possible.

This week I am getting my son ready for a scout sailing trip during spring break. He is going to have a great time!

My other son told me he won't be coming home from college for the break because he has other plans.

Just me and the cats, I guess. And a bunch of yard work. My best friend will come to visit probably though.

I started working with a little student this week in math and her teacher told me today that she chose to show some math during sharing time in her class.

I had taught her what an array was because we were working with symbols for tens and hundreds and so I wanted her to understand the relationship between tens and hundreds.

So she went back to class and thought about it and somehow counted up how many little squares there are on a blank sheet of graph paper. She told her class that in case they were wondering how many squares there were on that paper (hahaha!) then she could tell them and she actually explained what the word array meant. Amazing and hilarious all at once!

I only got to talk with him for five minutes because I had to get my son to the bus on time. He was so happy we called. But he was also quite melancholy because he has outlived all of his friends. He sounded a bit lonely, even though my mom is still living. I will call him tomorrow to talk more with him.

Today I got out for a hike with friends. It was raining a bit when we went but by the time we got into the woods it only sprinkled a bit and then stopped. When we first got on the trail we saw a big bird up in the tree. My friend said that it was a turkey vulture, which I have never seen before.

Last week when hiking in another park we saw a mamma fox and a young one, both enjoying a spot of sun out accross the field. I had never seen a fox before until last year ( in the same park).

Oh must be hard when people lose all their friends. My mothers very best friends are mostly dead now - a couple of them only in their 40s and 50s, and we noticed the change in Mum after that.

Oh the vulture sounds interesting. I have never seen one, but we have foxes in plague proportions. The other night when I came home, there was a wombat on our driveway which I am certain had been at the dam drinking. I tried to photograph it, but the camera couldn't get it as the wombat was black and it was also dark. I love wombats. I was surprised at how fast it scrambled away when I got out of my car because their usual walk looks very slow. It's good to know there are still some about here as I hadn't seen one for a couple of years.

My son's scout group was due to fly in and arrive in the wee hours, but I guess they are stuck in Texas due to thunderstorms. At least they have sleeping bags with them!

It might be difficult to reschedule a whole scout group on flights during spring break! They probably won't arrive until tomorrow night...

They were on a scout sailing adventure in the Bahamas all week. I am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Younger son slept 14 hours last night. He was due at his dads tonight so I decided to invite my older son for dinner. Older son really wanted meatloaf, so I made that and they enjoyed it.

It was so fun having them both home together, even if it was just for a few hours. They were quite animated in their conversations and older son had lots of advice for younger son going to high school next fall.

Spring break us over and I have stayed up far too late - I started my taxes and then I remembered that I needed to write up some math goals from the results of some assessments. Ack! I got some done but my brain is too tired so I will do more tomorrow.

Oh and now I just remembered that I have to type up some minutes for a meeting at church too...

Well, I guess I enjoyed the break a lot and didn't get much work done...

No work today- my new schedule has me working every other Friday now.

Went and did errands this morning and then I went hiking through the park with a friend and her dog. It was supposed to rain but it ended up being a decent spring day.

Saw some beautiful spring blooms and it was so nice when the sun came out! The bad news is that my allergies are acting up- my eyes are itching like crazy!

Spent the day out in the rain with the scouts but my son never made it because he forgot to tell his dad, so they stayed up really late last night and overslept.

But later on my older son texted me to say he was signing up for a new apartment with friends and he had questions about what to do with the lease. Yikes! His first place! With three other students!

He asked me to cosign but I told him to ask his dad, since he makes more money than I do.

Anyhow I called his dad later, who told me he was in Costco in the checkout line and he was buying me new gutter guards. For me. I thought that was so odd- and it sounded like his girlfriend was there with him. He said happy April and he was feeling generous because he had gotten paid from the project he did for a company in town.

Just odd.

So when I got home from the scout function, my son had let him into the garage and there the gutter guards were. And my ex called me a few minutes ago to say that my younger son and he got up on ladders and scraped the moss off the roof right by the gutters.

I didn't ask him to do that and when he called I told him I would reimburse him. He wont take the money though. But I am glad he got my son to do that work for me - good training at least for my son! Usually my ex is modeling a self centered lifestyle.

I asked him if it was okay with his girlfriend and he said yes, but that she was out of town visiting family anyway.

I just- don't know what the right thing is. It feels like a strange boundary issue. But on the other hand I have struggled so much from the loss of money with the divorce and then the cancer bills (that he didn't help with). And the money he spent on trips he took to New Zealand to visit his then girlfriend while we were separated.

Ack!