How Do You Feel Today?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel I am a completely wretched soul.

half of me is dead.

I changed my number today so I can let go of the hopes that he will ever call to say he's changed his mind.

the pain in indescribable.

I can hardly believe I will never see him again. Ever.

Limiya, first off....you must have that super sexy British accent then huh??..No matter!=) Have you been doing anything new and healthy for yourself lately? Something that has nothing to do with him? Everything to do with you?

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah i've been keeping myself VERY busy.

Teaching dance, singing in a theatre play, working, seeing friends and family. In fact i've been almost TOO busy and find things are starting to hit me again when i slow down.

I don't want to feel like i'm running from my feelings, which might be the case.

Limiya

MY dog died yesterday

I lost my man, and now my dog in a short space of time.

I just want to feel good and normal. Not upset. After this happened i started missing my ex again.

I hope there is nothing else i have to deal with now.

Limiya

I have sympathy, a pet loss is its own heartbreak. I hope it was a peaceful parting, better place and all that.

My situation was opposite, I was heartbroken but got incredibly lucky - go figure. I mean I would find $20's in the parking lot. I found a brand new dryer, still in cardboard, for almost nothing. It got so that I started pushing it. Why not eh? What could I lose, already lost what I truly wanted. I went to Vegas. Yes, I won quite a bit but it didn't matter.

My point is you may experience this and I hope so. It did come to a crashing halt though. I called the EX and figured ..why not?? Imagine what might have been if I had resisted. Ugh. Feel better.

Thanks MasterPo.

Today is a tough day. Started thinking of my ex a lot, but then get the picture of his girlfriends face in my mind and it cuts me in two.

My feelings are very raw, and not only that but i'm grieving my little dog too.

I know things will get better, and this is just a blip. It takes longer than just a couple of months to get over a 6 year breakup.

I don't even particularly feel like i want that relationship back, but i just miss him not being here. The fact he moved straight on with her is heartbreaking.

Limiya

Thanks MasterPo.

Today is a tough day. Started thinking of my ex a lot, but then get the picture of his girlfriends face in my mind and it cuts me in two.

My feelings are very raw, and not only that but i'm grieving my little dog too.

I know things will get better, and this is just a blip. It takes longer than just a couple of months to get over a 6 year breakup.

I don't even particularly feel like i want that relationship back, but i just miss him not being here. The fact he moved straight on with her is heartbreaking.

Limiya

I know. Believe me I know. Mine left in similar fashion. Can't say when I felt better but it did happen. As I've noticed through the months I've been here some heal faster than others, I hope you find your peace. Feel free to drop me a line. I only charge $20 bucks an hour.

Kidding. Feel better.

Ugh. Heard through the grapevine that the ex is still with his rebound and he's obviously trying to make a go of it. I don't think he's joined the forces like he intended when he moved back home, is apparently putting on weight. What a loser. I can't believe I spent four years with someone like that. The person I knew for four years has drowned in his insecurities and for the first time it's like I feel the absence of love. It's been quite terrifying because for the last four years i completely adored this person and now... ew.

But i still care. It's just.... hardcore contempt for the loser he is right now. He left behind a beautiful girlfriend, a steady job and a great country for a not so great country, a job he's stopped chasing, a girlfriend completely and utterly inferior to me. Nothing against her but for everybody else it's farcical. it really is. Who can respect someone like that? I can't. The sad thing is, if i was face to face with him now, he would leave her in a heartbeat. dumb right? I have a feeling he's hiding from the fallout of his decisions. But i don't know and for the first time i reeeeeally don't care that he's with someone else. That's all he deserves.

so much contempt. on the other hand i actually feel more than ready to get out there again. strange feelings this week.

Oh That's great Limiya! You seem to be doing all of the right things. So long as you keep meeting new people and doing new healthy things for yourself, and no contact, you WILL be ok. But I am so sorry about your dog=( I know loss very very well having lost close family member and of course ex-wife and gf who I loved more than she will ever know. I wish to you all of my strength today.

Pain is coming no matter what. But the deal with pain is that it comes in waves. It never comes all at once. Could you imagine if it did? None of us would be able to get off of the floor lol. If you understand that concept then you realize that just like a wave, if you allow it once in a while to hit you and think about where the hurt comes from (whether its just loss or poor treatment etc..) and let the wave run through.......it will end up in back of you. And then you are left with the pain and hurt that is still in front of you, but one wave less than before. Eventually, there will be no more waves.

When I think about it like this, I don't mind slowing down a bit and dealing with the pain of losing her for good. Which I now come to realize and accept. I know that it will hit me, move through me, and then in back of me. I then make sure that I do something healthy and good for myself. Hopefully something new and exciting and fun.

My heart and mind are with you today sweetheart. So sorry about your pooch.

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah i've been keeping myself VERY busy.

Teaching dance, singing in a theatre play, working, seeing friends and family. In fact i've been almost TOO busy and find things are starting to hit me again when i slow down.

I don't want to feel like i'm running from my feelings, which might be the case.

Limiya

Thank you Chamachama. I appreciate the support and kind words today. I'll get through it. I know i will.

I am trying to concentrate all my thoughts on my pooch now, instead of wasting it on my ex. I would rather mourn and cry for my dog than for my ex.

Limiya

Ok this is sort of twisted....but I was with someone last night who I eventually realized that I was only with because she reminded me of my ex. But she totally did not have the same affect at all. I realized it was not just my ex, but it was both me and her that made our connection so amazing. After realizing that she was certainly not her, I sort of turned off a bit. It was strange. I am not over my ex but I will not give up at this point. I will keep moving forward.

I feel confused -- not sure what to do. I didn't contact my ex yesterday and then she contacted me. Ok. Long story short - she is confused, doesn't know if the breakup is the right thing to do, has been praying on it. We decided to get dinner this weekend to discuss reconciliation. We'll see if it happens, but I'm going to continue no contact until she reaches out to me to set up dinner this weekend. Any effort to reconcile will have to be on her part. I'll take her back perhaps, but I'm not going to let breadcrumbs get in the way of my healing. My mentality is we're broken up and that's the way it is going to stay. I rather keep the pain of having lost her than mask it with optimism and be shot down.

ok dude. This has to be her decision and nothing you do can influence that except give her exactly what she wanted when she broke up with you... she wanted space and now shes regretting it slightly.

If you start acting lovey with her and start chasing her she is gonna pull away again. This was her decision and its on her to make it right. Keep with your NC, but if she starts trying to contact you I would give short answers.

You seem to have the right idea with what to do, just keep it up and if it doesnt work out, its all good theres plenty of women out there who have never hurt you that would love to be with you.

Since learning last week that my ex of 3 years has got with a new guy within a two month time frame, not only were all recon hopes slashed but I have also put my body through some serious training. I've been told that my ex wants me to see her with this new guy rather than hearing about it first. Cheers! So it sounds like she's out to hurt me purposefully. I suspect now that this new guy has been in the picture for longer. Also I've heard a few lies she's been painting about me.

Sunday I surfed for 5 hours, 10 ft waves (i've never surfed before but loved it)

Monday I swam a mile.

Tuesday I ran 5 miles

Last night I started a circuit training class

It hasn't stopped the hurt, but it's helped mellow it a little. I am changing my interests and trying to step outside of my comfort zone a bit rather than wallow in misery forever. Still love her through all of this, wish I could switch my feelings off, it's been three months now.

Peace to all

Chama, should I say I'm glad I don't live within your radius? LOL you are too funny. I wish I could do the same but I think girls process things differently, especially sex. I don't think it would make me more confident. As a matter of fact, I would probably feel even lower. Which is why I envy the opposite sex.

Heh, you haven't met my ex then. She was totally able to disconnect her feelings from sex like a man can do. It depends on who you are I guess.

You might be in my radius=P

Chama, should I say I'm glad I don't live within your radius? LOL you are too funny. I wish I could do the same but I think girls process things differently, especially sex. I don't think it would make me more confident. As a matter of fact, I would probably feel even lower. Which is why I envy the opposite sex.

I guess you are right. But you know what I think? My philosophy is that you can't do the same things men do and call yourself a lady. I'm jealous of the opposite sex, but at the same time, I'm glad that I can act like a woman. After my breakup, I had so many guys offer their "companionship", it was kind of hilarious. Amazingly, after making it clear that I can't take their offer of anything more than friendship, they went off radar lol. My ex is probably out there getting me out of his system one girl at a time, but I resist to compete.

Archived