How Do You Feel Today?

Funny thing is after all my chest pounding on these boards yesterday about how I was going to mow the lawn etc...I ended up with with a girl sleeping on my couch last night instead of with me. I just couldn't be with her. I think that it had something to do with the way this one looked at me. I can tell that she really wanted me to like her and that if I were to have allowed it, she would have gotten hurt. Since I talked myself out of being attracted to her by that point, we slept separately and parted ways in the morning. I wonder if it hurt more that I didn't or would have hurt more if I did.... But anyway, maybe my ex is having a multi deckered cockandballs sandwich daily, but I seem to be having a few problems in the mind with sealing my own deal

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an odd feeling. I'm at my third or fourth (or fifth?) try at NC and I've gone 8 days. My appetite is returning and im drinking less, but it just feels weird to not speak with her for so long. Oh well, gotta keep trucking forward right>?

Yeah man. 8 days is a long time. Keep building on it. Then you'll start not to think about doing NC, it will just be natural and you'll have other stuff to fill your time.

Having the ability to think for others is a gift not many possess. Pat yourself on the back for that. I know its probably easy to flip the switch and be on a selfish mode right now, but that is someone's daughter. Just knowing that you could have her if you want is enough of an ego boost. BTW, MA isss quite a distance from where I am, so I am perfectly safe, on MY couch .

Make a list of all of the things that you felt your ex did or was like that you did not like. Make the "this is why you suck" list. Make that list, add to it when you think of more things (the list always evolves as the days go by) print it out, and read it when you start to feel sad again.

Also, stop listening to lovy dovy music. Right now you need FU music. For dudes NIN, Korn, even Black Keys .....for chicks try Poe (the song "control" comes to mind). Stop letting things get off the ground that can hurt you. Love songs included.....Pain is coming regardless. Why add to it ok?

The reason you do this sort of thing is to stop being sad and paralyzed. Move to getting a bit pissed off and that will start to motivate you to do good for yourself and stop renting our ex's so much space in our minds...

Like sh

I go to bed feeling like sh

I wake up feeling like sh

I just want things to stop.

that pretty much sums it up for me, too... except one has to fall asleep before one can wake up!

I also feel like smashing this guy's face in (and I'm not at all a violent person - never been in a fight in my life)...

I've lost my faith in humanity - I don't know how I'll ever be able to trust anyone ever again... so how the hell am I supposed to find and be with someone new if I can't do that?!

today was weird. It is day five of NC.. I haven't seen him in a little over 2 weeks. I feel sad at times, but i dont have that gut wrenching feeling that I had in my last break up. I can't tell if it's because I'm numb or if it's because I maybe didn't love him as much as I thought. Either way, I now realize he is a selfish ass hole and am somewhat happy that he doesn't have me anymore to play his games with. still trying to figure out how to let go and forgive someone who screwed me over so much. Why did I love such a bad person?

I think I've fallen out of love finally. If i peer inside, look really deeply i can still feel and see it but it's like my mind has started to move on and has accepted it. i just feel hardcore contempt for the most part.

went out with a girlfriend tonight. was pretty laid back. ended up at our favourite bar and perved on the smoking hot bartender most of the night, lol.

lately my girlfriends look at me and say, 'girl, if he saw you now he would not recognize you. you have really come into your own.' i looked in the mirror today and i have to own it's true. i didn't look bad before. but i'm starting to feel more myself than ever. i have the freedom to. i also don't play by anyone else's rules any more. my tolerance for bs is non- existent. i feel like i can take on the world. i feel i can't easily be taken advantage of again. my heart is more armoured than it was before.

it also helps that i heard through the grapevine that my ex hasn't done what he set out to do (and his excuse for ending it.), is still with his much older, plain jane rebound and by all accounts is putting on weight.

it will definitely be getting through the grapevine that i look more than good. life is good. the best part? i can't find it in myself to give a sh about him any more. i have too many pretty dresses that need wearing, too many high heels to traipse around in and too many people to meet to feel sad for one moment. it might sound vapid and capricious but who wants to be with a guy who would rather be with an inferior model than be alone, when you can dress to the 9s and have almost anyone you want?

it isn't a classy thought, but he could have had the pride of having me on his arm. i can barely repress a gleeful laugh when i think of whose on his arm now.

That sounds fantastic, Avila. I felt much the same back in June but it all collapsed when she came back begging and I gave in -- just be sure to focus as little as possible on the "I'm over it and better off now than he is" and simply on the "life is good" without thoughts of him at all, but overall it sounds like you're doing great.

Today I'm feeling pretty terrific. Start a nine-day vacation after work today, going to Paris next week to see my friend from school and her family which includes my godson, as well as a girl with whom there may or may not be something. Weather sucks but going out with a few friends tonight. Can't say there's really anything wrong in life... surely something bad has to happen soon.

Archived