Open Club  ·  100 members  ·  Free

Journals

DrK's Look Book

DrKitten

Got some time to kill before work, so I decided to make a separate journal for my fashion posts while keeping personal over stuff in Read/Write, Pray/Fight.

I will probably buy this top if it's still available next month (not allowing myself to buy any more clothes in January!). It's on final clearance from Talbots for under $10. Original price was $49.50! I love the color and the neck detail.

image removed

So shopping list for February:

-Talbots top

-Black ankle boots for Valentine's outfit

And hopefully nothing else! I have a trip to save up for!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got those ankle boots I think I mentioned in your other journal. I LOVE them bu honestly can't figure out how to wear them with anything except pants and then they'll be covered!!

image removed

I love the color of that top. I like earthy tones a lot but somehow manage to wear brighter colors. Hm.

Those are adorable, hers! I agree with OG, a long top and leggings will look nice. I can also see them with a casual dress like this (see, the model is wearing boots too!):

image removed

You're on Pinterest, right? I love using that site for inspiration. Try searching "ankle boot outfits" and see what comes up!

I am still considering boots that color for my sweater dress outfit because I think they'd be a nice contrast with black tights. Some folks are really anti brown + black but if it's a light brown/tan color like that, I think it could look good.

Alright. Sticking my face up here because I thought my hair looked cute this weekend. Hello, ENA!

image removed

Normally, my hair is super cowlicky (still is, kinda) but I used a bit of coconut oil to shape it and think it's working. Also shaping it right out of the shower since it dries so quickly. Aside from that, I use/do nothing to my hair and would prefer not to get into hair products.

Thinking of getting it cut a bit shorter too. Channeling Winona Ryder!

image removed

It looks bunchy around the waist bc of my under shirt. But I ended up not buying it. I did buy a red sweater that is longer in the waist. I've never done skinny jeans before but I'm thinking skinny jeans would look good with the sweater and the boots. Idk if I can pull it off though bc I'm clearly not skinny.

Hey Dr. Kitten, I always like your posts. Years ago, I had a pair of black boots almost identical to the pic of the suede ones you posted. I think they are timeless. I took them to the shoeman for repairs and he told me if he was a woman, he would want a pair the same. I had them for years until they smelled so bad for wearing them so much that I turfed them in the bin although they still looked wearable. I was able to wear them with so many styles of clothes.

I'm very interested in "timeless" clothing. There's heaps I'd like to acquire, but I just don't have the wardrobe space right now and don't want to get rid of anything. Some of the clothing I'm finding most interesting was popularised by Marilyn Monroe (which she wore in various movies). It's interesting to see how people seem to produce revamped versions of them. But of course, my favourite piece of clothing is The Little Black Dress popularised by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Ordered the black Clarks bootie, another great deal! They're $80 on the Clarks website, found them for $50 on Amazon. But wait, there's more! Free shipping + $5.00 Amazon gift card + cash back rewards from the card I used = I got them for $21! Feels like I got away with murder.

Just hope I ordered them in time. Estimated delivery is 9th - 14th. I need them the night of the 14th!

They are a good buy Dr. K. I'll buy some new boots in another couple of months as it's still hot here. The most comfortable and well-made boots I have tried on (and want to go back and buy) were at a local saddlery. They were'nt riding boots, but definitely smart casual types. They will last for years. Most of the time, I I like to wear slim-line stretch jeans with boots. There's iconic company over here named RM Williams who have made boots and clothing for years, but they are out of my price-range. There are very similar produced by other companies which are almost as good, so I'll likely buy from them. I'm on my feet with work all the time and have to scoot about a lot. You'd think runners would be best, but I find my feet are better with boots. I'll just go for something very plain with an average sized heel. This is a pair of RM Williams boots.

Archived