Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a GREAT appointment. Just AWESOME! The psychiatrist was great. He said I was outstandingly prepared and answered every single question he could have though to ask even without him asking. Obviously I am a very engaged and observant loving parent . He said it sounds like my assessment is right but he wants to do testing with him and have us fill out 3 questionnaires . Have my son fill out 3 and a teacher fill out one .

It was a GREAT appointment. Just AWESOME! The psychiatrist was great. He said I was outstandingly prepared and answered every single question he could have though to ask even without him asking. Obviously I am a very engaged and observant loving parent . He said it sounds like my assessment is right but he wants to do testing with him and have us fill out 3 questionnaires . Have my son fill out 3 and a teacher fill out one .

So glad it went well!

removed[/i]

A couple married for 80 years! I love these kinds of stories. They said their secret is kindness,love and tolerance and forgiving quickly. I think that truly is the secret. You do have to bend, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.

Hey LUM, thanks. I decide very quickly on instinct when something is a good match.

In a few minutes it is my dad's birthday. He will be 69. I wonder if I should call him tomorrow or just leave it. He has still been treating me like I'm part of that hated race of human beings called females. Maybe I'll just tell him happy birthday and get off the phone. I don't need to be treated like dog crap just because I'm a girl.

You would think at almost 48 years old I would be above blubbering like a baby at any ounce of kindness from my father. But ,nope ,that's exactly what happened after I got off the phone I just burst into tears. You love your parents no matter what they do do you.

HAPPY 69th Birthday Dad.

I was telling my dad about my son's upcoming diagnosis and his future and applying for a pension. And my dad said oh dear God don't apply for that. They don't call it the odious Pension for nothing. And they phone you every month and treat you like crap. I said well they won't be treating my son like crap or they'll be hearing from me. I said if you think you can be nasty I am on the same par as you which I inherited from you. I got the S " witchiness" . And he said oh they have professional witches there. I said oh I'm a professional witch. He started laughing.

Archived