Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

Congrats Vic! Well done!

Isn't it funny also how when you have a child of your own, for most of us, we appreciate our mothers more. I feel my own birthday is really more about thanking my mum than anything to do with me.

Thanks SB!

That is for sure we appreciate our mothers all the more when we become a parent. Because then we know how hard our mothers had to work. It certainly is a sacrifice of deep love to raise another human being.

Well ,today is my son's testing the intellectual and academic. That is an all day event. Another day closer to a definitive answer.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a great opportunity! My son got into a class as well (Maths) where he was able to accrue credit points towards university. Ironically, he ended up choosing humanities at uni and career, but that opportunity definitely helped him, especially in developing his confidence and self-esteem.

Exactly ,it is a marvelous opportunity!! I am so excited. It is called the dual credit program. So he gets to do high school and college credits at the same time. He's going to be doing a media arts diploma so he can build his portfolio in this college class. And then next fall he heads off to college so he will already have a credit in advance.

My degree is in the humanities as well.

I was thinking about it this morning I'm the only person in our family that did not graduate from high school in Ontario. My mom graduated in Ontario ,my dad's parents graduated in Ontario ,my cousins ,all my aunts and uncles and my brother. I graduated high school in Alberta. I am also the only person in the whole family with a social insurance number from a province other than Ontario. It is also from Alberta.

My mom is bringing the kids here for me to babysit because R is on nights. It is like a revolving inn this week. And then Thursday I have to drive them home and then turn around and drive back home again so I can be home from work on Friday.

And wow an embarrassing situation happened at church tonight. When it came time to kneel for the consecration of the host I accidentally knocked my lecturn with my books and my books went flying onto the floor. And I need those books to sing the songs from. D'OH!!!!

Last night my husband got home at 4:30 in the morning rather than his usual 6:30. So of course it was still dark. I woke up because I had the feeling that somebody was looking at me. And then all I saw was this dark shape in the room and I started screaming. And he was like whoa whoa no no it's me.

My mom is coming today with the kids and she staying over tonight too. R is really pissy about it. He said you just have to tell your mom that we are not viable help as we are 3 1/2 hours away. She is just going to have to rely on relief homes through the agency. And now you've lost three days work with all this monkeying around. You just have to learn to tell your mother, no. Ha ha like he has to learn to tell his parents to back off. I didn't say that of course but..... I just thought it's funny I have to learn to tell my mother no but he can't tell his parents to back the eff off when they're picking on people.

And all this monkeying around of course has me worried about work. Because three Fridays in a row I had to say no to working. R's surgery , little R's testing, and then of course after I already said I was going to my mother's they called me and said oh can you do Monday Tuesday or Monday next week well no no I can't now. And I know I'm only casual on call but it still worries me. And then last Friday they hired another one of their volunteers on the spot like they did with me. So that is kind of worrisome.

On Saturday night when my brother was over he called home to talk to his kids. And of course his kids are not there they're at his ex wife's mother's house. They have never yet been at home when it's her weekend. And all she did was whine and cry at my brother about how she sick and how her life hasn't worked out and how nobody finds her attractive because nobody wants a 44-year-old woman with three kids. He just said," I am sorry about that . I have to go. I have to talk to my kids. Bye."

Writing is extremely laborious for them as well. My sister had accommodations in school that allowed her to type up everything if she had to write any real amount. My brother still struggles to write a lot but thankfully he can just type up everything on a computer. He is also studying math so not much in the way of writing. Your son's handwriting definitely reminds me of theirs, particularly my sister's.

Archived