Girlfriend going to a "sex toy party"..

paintedblue

I'm sorry but if you feel immasculated by a toy that vibrates, maybe you don't need to be a in a relationship. I'm more than sure you still masturbate when she's not around, correct? Nothing wrong with her wanting to get a toy for her personal pleasure or to bring into the bedroom with you.

I agree with this 100%! I highly doubt that the OP does not masturbate when she is not around. I don't think there's anything wrong with her wanting to go and buy or maybe she just wants to spend time with her friends and have some laughs. My husband would encourage me to go to a party like this, even if it was just to hang out with my girl friends.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you don't see the point the guy is making. He is insulted not because she wants a toy, but because she wants to take part in a sex toy party something that he sees as an insult. If she wanted a toy she could buy it on her own or invite him to go look for one.

facepalm.

She could also not have every bought one and want INPUT on one. I see no difference in going and buying one on her own and being around a bunch of friends who are getting informed information on toys. None at all. The party is not something where every girl trys the bloody equipment out, it's literally like a tubaware party. They look, they know what they do, and they either buy them or not. *shocked face* Same concept as you do in a store, only it's more fun!

She could also not have every bought one and want INPUT on one. I see no difference in going and buying one on her own and being around a bunch of friends who are getting informed information on toys. None at all. The party is not something where every girl trys the bloody equipment out, it's literally like a tubaware party. They look, they know what they do, and they either buy them or not. *shocked face* Same concept as you do in a store, only it's more fun!

lmao, then they should call it shopping sex toy spree instead.

I think you don't see the point the guy is making. He is insulted not because she wants a toy, but because she wants to take part in a sex toy party something that he sees as an insult. If she wanted a toy she could buy it on her own or invite him to go look for one.

facepalm.

A sex toy party is the same as her going to visit an adult store to purchase a toy...the only difference here is that the store is literally brought to her and shown amongst a group of people/friends.

What do you think is really going on at these parties???

Seriously. There is some majot insecurity going on in some of these replies. Are some of you really so intimidated by your girlfriend buying a new vibrator? I don't get it.

And to the poster who claims that people will go into the bathroom and "try" different toys---um...no. I think your friends that told you that were kidding with you. That's' not what happens.

lmao, then they should call it shopping sex toy spree instead.

And tubaware parties should be called a plastic shopping spree. The name has nothing to do with it. If someone is uncomfortable with a sex toy party,in which nothing bad happens at ALL compared to some bachelor parties and strip clubs, well... I think it says a lot.

ketaro (below your post) said it all.

It's not about masturbating, it's about the party itself.

I'd be more concerned with a regular party out with drinking and other men then a sex toy party with a bunch of girlfrlends and dildo's.....Seems to be like a good time for women??NO?

The only difference is that it is a private thing and her man is not with her to do something so private. But like I said - to each his own.

I would not feel comfortable with my fiance with me while shpping for a toy and he uses mine on me! In the end it's still her toy. If he's uncomfrtable with the party how is he going to fill standing in a shop with 8 inch vibrators??

The only difference is that it is a private thing and her man is not with her to do something so private. But like I said - to each his own.

The only point of a woman in a relationship going is usually to bring something back for her and her partner. I think if you actually went to one your reaction would be "That's what all the fuss was about??"

Would you be this upset if she ventured into a store on her own and picked something up for herself or you both? If so, this is way deeper than a party.

And tubaware parties should be called a plastic shopping spree. The name has nothing to do with it. If someone is uncomfortable with a sex toy party,in which nothing bad happens at ALL compared to some bachelor parties and strip clubs, well... I think it says a lot.
Honestly though, i think they both need to talk and see what boundaries this sex toy party violates and perhaps come up with a compromise.

Sex toy parties are meant to be fun. I don't see the big deal. If you feel less of a man because of a toy, then you have other insecurity issues to work on, I'm afraid. My ex encouraged me to buy and use one and we used it together and it was fun. It is essentially a good thing for a relationship if you are comfortable enough to do that with your partner. These are my thoughts anyway.

Perhaps talk to her and tell her you feel uncomfortable and maybe you two can work something out.

Archived