Reality Check #2: Push Up Bras

Mr. Franklin

I don't wear push up bras because I feel that I don't have big breasts so why try and fool people into thinking I do. It's just my personal choice. I am really not happy with my breast size but my boyfriend is, eh. I know that faking it won't make me feel any happier because I know what size they really are and a push up bra won't make me forget.

I do wear bras with mild padding but that's just for shape not size.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have push-up bras that I wear sometimes, though not often. I have very large C breasts, and there aren't that many pretty bras in my size. Sometimes the push-ups are the only pretty ones that fit, but with the padding (which always makes my boobs look madonna-esque, and I HATE it!), they look absolutely HUGE! I hate the molding too. I prefer to have non-padded bras, if I can find one that looks ok. Mostly, for breasts my size, they have these ridiculously huge straps and have the material come up very high and covers so much- I'm not a grandma!

There seriously needs to be more options for big breasted women.

And you wonder why girls wear make up and push up bras? Really? You said it right there in your comment. 'Go to bed with a 10, wake up with a 2'. No girl wants to be a 2. So of course many will do whatever they can do to hide the parts we don't like.

I was being sarcastic about "be yourself". Women tell that to guys, but then turn around a spruce up what makes them attractive to men.

I just like push-up(demi) bras. They look nice, they lift up the girls, and in general is a smoother look under shirts. They don't make them look any bigger, they just make it so they're not hanging down to my bellybutton or their natural aging slope to the sides. Maybe not that drastic, but let's face it, gravity works it's magic fast. And I am well-endowed up top, I don't want them looking any bigger, they're big enough. I refuse to wear those institutional bras with the 8 snaps in the back and straps as thick as my arm.

It holds the same concept as slimming clothing or butt pads, pec pads, whatever it is. In the end, no they DON'T really look like that. But what difference does it make if it makes someone feel good to wear something they feel is flattering? My lips aren't naturally glossy. My ex's butt didn't REALLY look like that. My uncle wears a toupee. My friend wears extensions. And our little extras make us feel good.

I'm not a guy, but I'm wearing a push up bra. I like it because it gives me a shape and a little bit bigger size to increase my self confidence between a small breast women and cute men. Well it's a plus, but my boyfriend doesn't understand it. Well he would like me to wear that normal bra without any push ups and etc, but if I don't agree, then he's not making a big deal out of it. And I'm happy. I think that most men like to see their girlfriends and wives more natural. But a push up bra is a little sin and it's better than silicon breasts, I think

I have DD breasts and I occassionally wear push-up bras. not for 'false advertising' (i don't need it) but as another poster said, sometimes those bras are just more comfortable. At my size, I can't wear pretty little lacy bras. I have to have the boulder holders, lol. and if i find a boulder holder that looks pretty AND it's comfortable, I'll get it.

I'm a 38D...no way I can wear push-up bras. I used to, but not anymore. I prefer minimizer bras now.

I don't think push bras will "create" something that's not there. nutz-whatever is wrong...if you meet a guy and are wearing one, he's not going to think you're a "10 that went to a 2". What crud.

Push-bras just lift up a bit more what you already have. Sure, you may look a little smaller in bed but I doubt a guy's going to notice. He'll be really into being with you and will be caught up in the moment.

Besides, any guy who would push you to the side just because you look a half size smaller in bed isn't worth your time.

Lets see, how does this sound?

A Wonderjock just lifts up a bit more what you already have. Sure, you may look a little smaller in bed but I doubt a girl's going to notice. She'll be really into being with you and will be caught up in the moment.

Besides, any girl who would push you to the side just because you look smaller in bed isn't worth your time.

Don't worry 15 Storeys, nutz is just a sexist troll. I wouldn't worry. I'm used to it.

I think he's trying to say "double standard". But it didn't work...

Actually, I agree. I don't think very highly of girls who reject guys just because they aren't 7+ inches. Now, I can see why they'd reject someone if their sexual needs weren't being met, but just LOOKING at the size (not even trying) and saying "nuh huh". Well, that's just stupid. Girls who are worth your time won't do that.

Besides, look through my posts...I like smaller men.

Nice fail.

I think there should be an "international dont give a crap about how you look" day for women. Where every single women on the planet walks out of the house wearing no makeup, no bras, no shaven legs or pits, no deodorant, no brushed hair or use of hair products, and baggy sweats and t-shirts with stains.

Just pure au natural. Just pure "being yourself"

Then we'll see how much you'll be begging them to look fake again.

You dont wear enough make-up or enhancements, you're labeled ugly or plain. You wear too much make-up and enhancements, you're labeled fake and a liar.

To the specific men who complain about these idiotic things...this is why you're single.

I was being sarcastic about "be yourself". Women tell that to guys, but then turn around a spruce up what makes them attractive to men.

didn't you say in another thread that you are involved in fitness for 20 years? dont try to give me any BS response that the only reason you do this is for yourself, I'm sure you use it to your advantage to pick up women, so what's the problem if women do the same thing with makeup and bras?

If all women did what I mentioned above you'd complain about all the uglies. I swear there is no pleasing in some men, nothing is ever good enough.

I think there should be an "international dont give a crap about how you look" day for women. Where every single women on the planet walks out of the house wearing no makeup, no bras, no shaven legs or pits, no deodorant, no brushed hair or use of hair products, and baggy sweats and t-shirts with stains.

Just pure au natural. Just pure "being yourself"

Then we'll see how much you'll be begging them to look fake again.

You dont wear enough make-up or enhancements, you're labeled ugly or plain. You wear too much make-up and enhancements, you're labeled fake and a liar.

To the specific men who complain about these idiotic things...this is why you're single.

I completely agree with you.

I also think I should add that you need to do what makes you feel COMFORTABLE with yourself. some people may not want to shave...some others may. Some don't want any make-up, others may want some.

When you feel comfortable, you're more confident and secure.

You know what? if such thing for men existed, we would learn not to judge a man's size by looking at his pants, It would become common sense. Why can't you guys do the same?

We are actually less unfortunate than guys, because we have like absolutely no measure of your size before we get into bed with you, but we still risk it! Why can't you do the same? not to mention that if you're smart enough, you can still figure out a woman's size, even if she is wearing a push up bra.

You know what? if such thing for men existed, we would learn not to judge a man's size by looking at his pants, It would become common sense. Why can't you guys do the same?

We are actually less unfortunate than guys, because we have like absolutely no measure of your size before we get into bed with you, but we still risk it! Why can't you do the same? not to mention that if you're smart enough, you can still figure out a woman's size, even if she is wearing a push up bra.

that is such a good point. Even if a woman wears push-up bras, you still know her general size. she's either small, medium, large, or extra-large! you're not going to think you're with a large breasted woman, and then she takes off her shirt and there is nothing there. pushup bras help, but not so much!

as opposed to women - we don't know if he's hung like a horse or a baby carrot!!! we basically don't know until right before sexual activity!!!!!

I think big boobs are hot, but most of the women I have asked out have small breast.

I just like push-up(demi) bras. They look nice, they lift up the girls, and in general is a smoother look under shirts. They don't make them look any bigger, they just make it so they're not hanging down to my bellybutton or their natural aging slope to the sides. Maybe not that drastic, but let's face it, gravity works it's magic fast. And I am well-endowed up top, I don't want them looking any bigger, they're big enough. I refuse to wear those institutional bras with the 8 snaps in the back and straps as thick as my arm.

Yes, that's what I wear...lined demi. LOL I tried for a long time to wear bras without any padding, but they never fit right and often my nipples showed through. The semi-padding gives a more smooth look, without being too unnatural.

It's hard to find decent, inexpensive bras that look and feel right. Wouldn't it be funny if men had to shop for c*ck straps the way women have to shop for bras?

Yes, that's what I wear...lined demi. LOL I tried for a long time to wear bras without any padding, but they never fit right and often my nipples showed through. The semi-padding gives a more smooth look, without being too unnatural.

It's hard to find decent, inexpensive bras that look and feel right. Wouldn't it be funny if men had to shop for c*ck straps the way women have to shop for bras?

Well way back when there was an item of clothing for men called a Codpiece which accentuated their bits: link removed

Men have to do much less regarding appearance than women do which is why its irritating to hear some of them complain about it, especially about things like make-up and bras. You just know lots of them will complain if those things disappeared.

Then again this thread was started by a 20 year old male...not to be insulting but you know what I mean.

That Al Gore pic scares me, with his...*throws up*

Oh, and I wouldn't care if a girl wore a push up bra. Breasts don't matter to me, just like butt size doesn't matter to me. I had a guy talking to me today about the girl who moved in upstairs, he said, "She's got a big booty"...I could care less.

I'm a leg man, personally. And agree with the person who said what's in between the legs.

...I think I'm ready for those gender-segregated forums, now.

sometimes I feel that would be best too...but segregating never helped anyone.

I apologize if I've offended you or anyone else, maybe I should have worded it differently. I just dont get how some guys who complain non stop about women, dont seem to realize that that does plays a role as to why you have trouble succeeding with them. I mean, why date the gender that you cant seem to stand? Anyway, I dont know if this is OP's case, but to now criticize something like a push up bra and assume that the women who wear them must have low confidence, is a little much. He's allowed his opinion obviously, but I'm allowed to have mine too.

sometimes I feel that would be best too...but segregating never helped anyone.

I apologize if I've offended you or anyone else, maybe I should have worded it differently. I just dont get how some guys who complain non stop about women, dont seem to realize that that does plays a role as to why you have trouble succeeding with them. I mean, why date the gender that you cant seem to stand? Anyway, I dont know if this is OP's case, but to now criticize something like a push up bra and assume that the women who wear them must have low confidence, is a little much. He's allowed his opinion obviously, but I'm allowed to have mine too.

The thing you have to realize, randomgirl, is that it's not that guys who complain about women hate them. It's that they're frustrated, because they're not succeeding with girls in the way they want.

I remember before I started asking out girls. I could be friends with them, and I wasn't bitter. Then I got rejection after rejection...and was being teased for my looks (this was in high school.) By the time I was 23, my self esteem was shot...and then not even girls on link removed would respond to me. I tried online dating because I was desperate, and 3 girls closed their accounts right after I messaged them. It might have had to do with something else, but that led to me getting depressed...and ultimately trying to hurt myself (suicide.)

I'm better now, but I honestly don't see my position changing. I'm not as optimistic as I was when I was 13, and I asked out the first girl. I had the chance to become a ladies man, but since my self esteem was shot to hell by GIRLS (the gender that we're talking about here), I figured I didn't have a chance with them...even if I did have a chance with them.

You can't just tell guys not to be bitter, when all they've known is rejection...or what they've thought was rejection. I see a pretty girl now, and I turn my face away; I can't even look her in the eyes. I know she would never want to be with me, so what's the point in trying?

Despite all that, I still find girls highly attractive, and I'm not attracted to guys at all, so it's not like I can change my sexuality. It's so frustrating being attracted to girls that want nothing to do with me. And that's pretty much where every bitter guy is coming from.

Archived