Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Food and exercise journal

renaissancewoman101

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday evening I was bad and did NOT eat well at all. I hung out with T and we had dinner at Mickey D's . I had a fish sandwich and a strawberry sundae, but no soda.

there went my workout.

So you work harder next time.

My breakfast wasn't healthy at all today, so hopefully if I don't have to work OT this afternoon, I will just push myself to work harder to make up for it.

No one is perfect Renny....We are still human and we still like to eat. It's hard to break habits that we have lived with for so many years.

Give it time.....

You are doing a great job with the motivation and sticking with everything. I'm very proud of you.

Tomorrow I have an early dental appt (will have to be at the dentist about 2 hours ) Have to have some crown work done and a cleaning

I have swim lesson tomorrow night (because instructor cxld last Wed and we rescheduled for tomorrow night). It will be a cool lesson since it is him working with me.

So I definitely will get a workout tomorrow.

Unless you love muffins as much as your favorite dessert, I would avoid all muffins, even low fat (because they just add more sugar, usually) because they are diet disasters especially in the morning - they start your whole carb craving going. If you love muffins as much as chocolate cake or whatever you love, then have that favorite dessert for breakfast instead of the typical 400-500 empty calorie muffin.

I doubt you would eat chocolate cake for breakfast so you'd probably make a better choice. On that note, I rarely eat a two sice of bread sandwich - I either do sandwich thins (100 calories, like a thin, small pita) or one slice of high fiber bread. Obviously some carbs are great - whole grains - high fiber - but I try to have more protein than carbs at each meal.

Another option is to make a batch of healthy muffin in advance (not the muffin mixes, unless they have better ones around you than here) - stick them in the freezer and put them in the microwave when you do want one.

Another option is to make a batch of healthy muffin in advance (not the muffin mixes, unless they have better ones around you than here) - stick them in the freezer and put them in the microwave when you do want one.

I think it's very hard to find muffins that are healthful AND diet-friendly that also taste good. Low fat/low sugar/high fiber and a small size might do the trick but to me a slice of high fiber/whole grain toast with a little all fruit fruit spread is tastier and less likely to trigger a desire for cake.

I find that if you stick to oatmeal type muffins, it does the trick. I love banana oatmeal muffins personally - but I am aware that not everyone may like them as they are not as "cakey". You can substitute the oil for applesauce, and it usually cuts the calories by a lot.

But yeah, maybe not everyone would consider that "great tasting".

The problem with the angel cake is that it likely would trigger her cravings for other carbs since she seems to be into carbs (like me!). I've had the muffins you describe - I like them and agree that the applesauce helps a lot just concerned that the sweet taste might trigger the OP to eat more sweets. Better for now in my opinion to just have a banana or a whole apple (more fiber than applesauce).

I guess I am lucky in that aspect, I don't crave the sweets. I crave the tasty greasy fried stuff.

I fight with myself everyday why I can't eat that yummy fried chicken breast or those jalapenos stuffed with cheese and deep fried.

God, no wonder it's so hard for me to lose all this weight, I ate fried foods for years.

I crave the sweets and not the fried foods most definetly. I love muffins, cookies, cakes etc... Our family rarely eats out at the restaurant/fast food, which means I have a lot of stock on hands such as sugar, flour, baking soda, salt etc... and it's very easy for me to make sweets/treats on a whim as I love to bake deserts. I hate to chop vegetables and do actual cooking.

I sometimes use chocolate protein powder in the muffin baking, so that helps curb down the cravings and keeps you "full". IsoFemme is the one I use....

That with mashed bananas, oatmeal and some walnuts. Mmmmm... delicious.

today I didn't work out, but had a swim lesson with my swim instructor (we had a makeup lesson today because he cxld last Wed). He got me to try swimming on my back and start doing the backstroke.

I can do the backstroke now with a flutterboard. I have a big fear of floating on my back because I am afraid of sinking and swallowing water.

I'm getting better at it. He also started to work with me in the deep end with treading water. I'm still leery about it, but starting to try it out.

Food was ok today. Didn't eat much since I had a dental appt this morning (teeth cleaning and crown prep), and one side of my mouth was numb for a bit and my mouth is a bit sore too.

Had coffee this morning with a cherry Larabar. No lunch. I drank a cup of coffee this morning (home-brewed) and had water in the afternoon.

I was feeling blah today (started my period), so I napped in the afternoon.

Went grocery shopping to pick up some Fiber One bars, some Lean Cuisine meals, bagged frozen broccoli and cauliflower, some strawberry jam, and whole wheat English muffins.

Gonna have a lean cuisine meal and some water for dinner tonight.

Mousty, when can we come over for your free baked goods give away??? ;-)

One thing I learned was that to be high fiber, a food should have at least 3 grams of fiber per 100 calories (or is it four?). Some "whole wheat" breads do not. I find some multigrain breads too heavy but there is one at trader joes that has 6 grams in a 90 calorie slice and is delicious toasted.

this morning so far I had some Kashi Go Lean oatmeal (pretty tasty) and some coffee.

Gym is iffy today. I just started my period yesterday and am feeling very BLAH!!! and crampy today.

I might swim today though since swimming yesterday seemed to help me with the cramps. I dunno.

Tomorrow is swim lesson again and Thurs is trainer workout.

this morning so far I had some Kashi Go Lean oatmeal (pretty tasty) and some coffee.

Gym is iffy today. I just started my period yesterday and am feeling very BLAH!!! and crampy today.

I might swim today though since swimming yesterday seemed to help me with the cramps. I dunno.

Tomorrow is swim lesson again and Thurs is trainer workout.

Same situation here -did my power walk yesterday which helped with the blahs/cramps.

It's actually amazing how exercise can help your cramps and bloating. I always push myself to go to the gym when I'm cramping. Once I start my cardio the cramps just go away.

Also I wonder if the addiitional water I drink during cardio also helps the "flow" and ease cramps. It's just so hard to get motivated at that time of the month!

I was GOOD and pushed myself and went to the gym.

And yes, I felt better (although tired and sweaty) after I started to work on the elliptical.

Did about 20 minutes on the elliptical (exhausted now), using the methods my trainer taught me for maximum calorie burning (do 1 minute normal, then 10 seconds of "intense", then normal again). I took a few breaks in between and was hot and panting at the end.

I also did 4 sets of 10 reps on the weight machine that exercises my arm.

Overall a good workout and I don't feel as bloaty and crampy as before.

Tomorrow I have my regular swim lessons and Thurs is my workout with my trainer.

So this week I will be going to the gym 4 out of 5 weekdays (don't think I will work out on Friday), which will be great!!!

didn't eat lunch today (wasn't hungry). I was tired after my workout so took a nap.

Will probably have a tuna sandwich for dinner and some water to wash it down. My eating is erratic.

I am glad I made it to the gym today.

Tuna sounds so good. Maybe I will make that for lunch tomorrow.

I came home and have been a lazy slag ever since.

Archived