Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Food and exercise journal

renaissancewoman101

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the weekend days can't you find 30 minutes to do a brisk walk or do brisk running in place/leg lifts in your house?

Could do a brisk cleaning session too =) Clean as fast as you can for 30 minutes gives you quite a workout. Now if I could only follow my own advice.

I do agree. I need to be more proactive on the weekends and squeeze some exercise in.

Sometimes on Sat mornings, I do go swimming (that is if I get up early enough), since I don't usually go up north until the afternoon.

I will try to squeeze in some exercise (even if it is 15-30 minutes) next weekend.

Today was an ok day. I had a whole wheat bagel for breakfast with a grande iced coffee.

Lunch/dinner was rice pilaf with tandoori chicken.

I drank about 3 bottles of water today.

Tomorrow, plan is to get up at a decent time, go workout and maybe swim also, and then do some job hunting things in the afternoon.

There are conflicting studies now about water intake but I agree it's a great way to feel more full.

Set your alarm, is my suggestion - and get out there for a 30 minute brisk walk - where you really work up a sweat/your heart rate. Saturday morning I had one hour to get the baby ready, get out to the park, do my 30 minute power walk and get him back in time for breakfast/nap. I started getting ready at 8am (also a challenge because when I'm alone I need to sometimes entertain him while getting ready). Did the same thing Friday morning (I am mentioning Saturday because I know many people have to get to work early during the week). By 11-12noon it was too hot to take the baby out so I had a very short window of time. If I can do it, you can too (this is not about "go me" it's about showing you that it's very doable especially since you only have to get you ready to go out -- although, like me, you might have things scheduled for later in the morning).

It's great that you're working on the food thing but bagels are a diet-killer in my opinion- even whole wheat bagels. Tons of calories, easy to consume tons of calories and carbs quickly ("it's just a bagel") - how about reducing it to half a bagel, scooped out? I asked you before whether it's that you love these high carb/high calorie breakfast foods -muffins, bagels or whether it's more of a mindset that "it's just a muffin/bagel" - if it's not something you love, like chocolate cake, then why waste the calories?

I still haven't gotten my workout done yet. I've been sending some resumes for some jobs I see online that I think I might be a fit for. Also taking care of some stuff at home.

I will probably end up swimming today. Just have to change into my swimsuit and head over to the pool soon. I like swimming. It is both relaxing AND a workout.

I had homebrewed coffee with cream and sugar this morning and a whole wheat English muffin.

I think I will check out the natural, unsugared PB they sell at Trader Joe's. Might be a good way to get protein in the mornings.

I usually eat muffins or bagels because it is easy to make in the morning. Besides eggs (which I would have to cook up), not sure what other types of proteins would be good for breakfast.

I ended up swimming for about an hour. Used the kickboard for part of the time to do freestyle swimming, then practiced a little bit doing some swimming on my back. I can actually keep myself floating on my back now and kick and use my hands to get me to move.

I am starting to feel more comfortable on my back, which is great.

I also did some dog paddling for a bit, just to workout my muscles.

It was fun to swim back and forth for a while. Lots of free lanes and it was pretty quiet.

I didn't do major workout today, besides swimming. Tomorrow, I meet up with my trainer and we work on some more stuff, as well as discuss my diet plans.

After I swam I went to Jamba Juice and got large All Fruit Five Fruit Frenzy (mix of fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas, mangoes, and peaches all pureed together). I didn't eat lunch today and wanted a snack and thought Jamba Juice would be a good snack.

Gonna eat some leftovers for dinner later.

I still haven't gotten my workout done yet. I've been sending some resumes for some jobs I see online that I think I might be a fit for. Also taking care of some stuff at home.

I will probably end up swimming today. Just have to change into my swimsuit and head over to the pool soon. I like swimming. It is both relaxing AND a workout.

I had homebrewed coffee with cream and sugar this morning and a whole wheat English muffin.

I think I will check out the natural, unsugared PB they sell at Trader Joe's. Might be a good way to get protein in the mornings.

I usually eat muffins or bagels because it is easy to make in the morning. Besides eggs (which I would have to cook up), not sure what other types of proteins would be good for breakfast.

What I do is some - probably 1/4 cup if that, lowfat cottage cheese for protein or a small slice or half/slice of lowfat cheddar cheese on whole grain toast (one slice - 90 calories, 6 grams fiber).

I make my son scrambled eggs every other day. It takes less than 5 minutes (not including rinsing out the pan/spatula, etc). Sunnyside up is faster in a way because you don't have to stand there and swish it around the pan.

Peanut butter has protein but not so great for dieting because of the high amount of fat. Smuckers makes an organic, no sugar PB too.

this morning I really didn't have breakfast except for a cup of coffee. I woke up late and was rushing to my workout session.

Worked out for half an hour doing pushups, ab exercises, working with resistance bands and lifts with the medicine ball. Workout was intense and wiped me out. I also did about 5 minutes of warmup on the bike before the workout and 15 minutes AFTER the workout, to cool down.

My muscles were buzzing today. The trainer wants to up the intensity and the pace of our workout on Thurs (aka do the same type of things, but quicker). That should be interesting.

I really look forward to working out with my trainer. He gives me the push that I need to succeed.

Tomorrow is swim class but I plan to swim for a bit before class starts (maybe 15 minutes to warm up).

Hopefully in time, I will lose weight, look better, and meet someone. That would be a great by-product of all this working out. Right now I am just glad that I am feeling better.

Wow - what a great workout! That's the accomplishment in itself in my opinion. Hope you continue to feel great.

thanks for the compliment.

I am really happy that people on ENA convinced me to get into the workout habit. It has really cheered me up a lot and made me feel better about myself.

I can't believe I actually LOOK forward to my gym time.

I can't believe I actually LOOK forward to my gym time.

I know what you mean. I never thought that I would enjoy my exercise time, but now I usually consider it a highlight of my day. I have been really bummed out today, and you have reminded me that part of it is probably because I did not get to do my exercising yesterday due to work, etc. Thanks, Ren!

I know what you mean. I never thought that I would enjoy my exercise time, but now I usually consider it a highlight of my day. I have been really bummed out today, and you have reminded me that part of it is probably because I did not get to do my exercising yesterday due to work, etc. Thanks, Ren!

you're welcome.

I used to dread exercising. Now I look forward to it, which is amazing. I also like pushing myself to the limit and beyond.

I wonder if swimming is the best way to burn calories, besides working on core workout routines with my trainer? So far this week I haven't touched the elliptical at all . I have worked out on the bike before AND after my trainer workout, but that was it. I swam on Monday for about an hour (which tired me out), and today I have swim lessons this evening so I probably will swim for a total of an hour (I usually swim for about 1/2 hour before swim lessons start).

I had coffee this morning and a few spoonfuls of organic, no salt PB. I like eating PB out of the jar.

For lunch, I will probably have a half a pastrami sandwich on wheat bread. Not sure yet.

Drank one bottle of water too.

MG, I've used that one before. We have it in our gym too. It's pretty good. I can actually work out longer on that one rather than the other elliptical I use, which is similar to this:

link removed

Yeah, we have those too. I don't like em'. I simply get too bored with them.

MG, I think tomorrow when I go to the gym, I will give that elliptical you are talking about, a try again. I usually work out a bit more after my workout with the trainer.

I did like it when I used it before.

Set it to crosstrainer 1. I really like that one. It gives you a little of everything.

swim class tonight was blah.

It seems there will be two more students in our class (both girls), along with the 2 guys and me. I don't get it. Most classes are supposed to only have 3 students max. I guess I will find out next week.

The sub was ok. She spent more time working with the two new ladies, which was ok.

One of the guys didn't show up and the other guy just swam on his own (like usual).

Glad next week things will be back to normal (I hope). I did practice for about a 1/2 hr before class started, which was good since I got a workout in.

Tomorrow, I have training with my trainer in the morning. Looking forward to that.

today's trainer workout was brutal.

He had me doing the same types of things, squats with the medicine ball, lunges, pushups, pulls with the medicine bands, etc., but this time in a timed-circuit fashion. I was hot, sweaty and panting by the end of this. But it was a good workout.

He says on Tues. workouts we'll take it easy and just practice our stuff, but on Thurs workouts, he'll push me to do the circuits quicker. It is a workout, but I like it a lot.

He says I should try out some of the classes that are offered at the gym. I might give it a try. Some of the pilates classes sound fun. They also have a really cool Zumba class.

I have also found that that lately, after my workouts, I am not that hungry any more, which is odd. I used to be ravenous after workouts. Now I am not. I am still ravenous after my swim workouts though.

As usual, I did about 5 minutes on the bike before my workout session started. I also did 5 minutes on the crosstrainer elliptical after my workout, to cool down.

I am so sore right now, I just want to collapse, but I like that. It means I am getting a good workout.

This morning I had coffee with an English muffin with no-salt PB and some jelly.

Archived