Journals

Food and exercise journal

renaissancewoman101

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm yeah I do.....

but it's all good......

No you don't. Come visit my neighbors at school!

You're something else, MM - I hate being hot and sweaty and panting, especially sweating. I feel so yucky. I even started running at night because I loved that I would not sweat, just feel the cool air in my face!

I tried out the Zumba class at my gym. It is AMAZING how much my stamina has improved. The class is a really upbeat, moving class that takes a lot of energy and you sweat a lot. I was able to keep up with the hour long class which is amazing (we had breaks in between). A month ago, I wouldn't have lasted through half the class.

Zumba is offered twice a week in the evenings. I think I will be going to the Friday evening class again. The girls there are nice and the instructor is REALLY energetic.

I also like the music a lot.

After the hour long Zumba class, I was hot and sweaty. I the hopped in the pool and swam for about an hour. I was amazed that I had energy for that too.

I really got a good workout today.

I think my schedule from now on will be:

Mon - swim or work out on the elliptical by myself.

Tues - workout with trainer (1/2 hr)

Wed- swim class

Thurs - workout with trainer (1/2hr)

Fri - go to evening Zumba class and maybe swim for an hour afterwards.

Weekends I don't work out.

Whatcha guys think?

That work-out schedule sounds really great - mixing in up but some real good work-outs every day. I agree with working out on one of the week-end days. Not any strenuous, as you're already doing that 5 days a week, from what it sounds like, but committing yourself to going on a long (at least 30 mins) walk one of the days would be a good idea. It would probably also help with muscle recovery actually. With the beach right next to you that could be really enjoyable.

Through my gym, there is a company that offers an introduction to scuba class. The class is 3-4 hrs long and is $40. I have seen them practicing at the gym pool the few Fridays I have swam. Yesterday I talked to one of the teachers there and I decided to sign up to take one introductory scuba class at the gym for $40. It's not a bad price, considering normal pricing is $100.

I am curious what scuba diving is about, but not curious enough to take a full scuba certification class which would cost about $300.

I made it to the gym (FINALLY!!!) and worked on the crosstrainer elliptical for about 20 minutes and then did 5 sets of 10 reps (?) on the weight machine that works out my arms.

It was a nice, quiet workout. I was hot and sweaty when I was done.

Good for you!

thnx!!!

I look forward to tomorrow because I get to work out with my trainer and get even MORE hot, sweaty and sore.

I like working out.

I haven't eaten dinner yet though

That's great! One suggestion - find a lower fat protein than peanut butter. I have lowfat (1%) cottage cheese with high fiber toast in the morning (just a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese on the side, some all fruit preserves and low fat cream cheese on the toast, one piece).

Today was a good day. I went over my food journal with my trainer and we came up with some alternatives to eating better than what I am doing now. He gave me some good ideas for protein choices and good carb choices, rather than me eating badly.

We did our normal workouts of doing squats, lunges, etc., but this time the concentration was more on using resistance bands to work out my arms and upper body. As usual, I was hot, sweaty and tired after the 1/2 hr workout.

I really enjoy working out with a trainer. It gives me the impetus to push myself and work out in better ways than before.

He told me to watch out about getting tired of the gym, because he says, even though I have been very good at coming to the gym most weekdays, that people by the 2nd month into their gym membership, they get tired of the gym and stop going so much.

I will watch out for that, but at this point in time, I still look forward to my time in the gym and working out. I feel A LOT better after I get my workout in.

So far, I have had a grande iced black tea lemonade (I have a sore throat and trying to calm it down) and a whole wheat Santa Fe wrap (with whole wheat wrap, cheese, black beans, eggs) from Starbucks. Not a bad breakfast so far.

I feel like crap. Well, not really. I just have a nasty sore throat and nasal drainage. Nose is NOT stuffed though.

Sore throat is driving me crazy. Been drinking OJ and lots of water. No coffee today. I have swim class tomorrow and the scuba intro thingie this Friday so I DON'T need to be sick at all.

I ran into a friend today that I hadn't seen in a few months, and the first thing she said was "you lost weight, you look good"

That felt good!!!!!! I guess it shows that I've been working out.

thnx. I hope I feel better too, esp since I have swim class tonight and have that scuba thing on Friday evening.

I guess I chose OJ because I thought the Vit C in it is helpful for me to get over this cold faster.

I drink OJ when i'm sick too..I wouldn't worry about the extra calories as long as you're not drinking it all the time..and make sure it's either freshly squeezed or 100% juice with nothing added..either that or go ahead and eat an orange or two..that way you're getting a serving of fiber as well as the vitamin C.

I ended up going to my swim class. It was ok, although there are 2 new people in my class. The other two guys were moved to the slot, half hour after us. Swim coach worked mostly with the two other girls. One of the girls wants to take a different day with the swim coach since she wants to learn quicker.

I wasn't really feeling it today. My head felt stuffed up and it showed with my swimming. I barely could swim a lap and was not feeling it. I did practice my freestyle with the coach watching and giving me some pointers, but overall it wasn't a really spectacular workout.

I look forward to working out tomorrow evening with my trainer. That should be more fun and productive.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I had some Thai shrimp soup and rice tonight for dinner, along with a bottle of water.

Archived