Women Are "Turned Off" By Bisexual Men?

Wow, that is pathetic. People are way too sensitive. In the end, as long as my partner is clean of anything, and won't cheat on me (men and women), then dating a bisexual can be a wonderful experience.

I have known some bisexual women who would never get with a bisexual man. Bisexual men that I have known has this same attitude as well against me and other bisexual women. Bull crap at it's finest.

Exactly.

Maybe these bisexual people do certain things which they can not accept BF or GF to possibly do besides having twice the insecurity.

I know there are stigmas about bisexuals and are labelled as sex fiends in general.

From what I have gathered from a bi girls is it's hot when it comes to bi-girls but bi-men are just gross.

Yes there are bi's like that but there straight people like that too.

Labelled as sex addicts and some other derogatory names which end up as a row of red asterisks in a post.

Very hypocritical.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Official Bisexuality FAQs

1. What exactly is "bisexuality"?
    Bisexuality means that you have the ability to be physically and emotionally attracted to both members of the same and opposite sex. You don't have to be equally attracted to both of them; For example, a bisexual woman may prefer men over women, but that does not mean she can't find women physically attractive in her eyes.

2. How can you tell if someone is bisexual?
    There is no physically telling if someone is bisexual or not. Bisexuals come in all shapes, sizes, colors, male, female, young or old, etc.

3. If you're a bisexual, does that mean it's okay to cheat on your partner?
    No, it is never okay to cheat, even if you're a bisexual. Sexuality is something you are born with; Cheating is a choice. Being bisexual does not give you a free pass to cheat.

4. Can you get to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time?
    Some bisexuals do this but this does not mean you have to do this to somehow prove your bisexuality. Besides, as stated above, cheating is cheating, no matter what your sexual orientation may be. What you are describing is an open relationship, something straight and gay people do sometimes.

5. Many bisexuals have came out gay later on in life. Does this mean that bisexuality doesn't exist?
    There seems to be a trend that many people attach the bi label onto themselves for a "test drive" to see if they really are straight, bi, or gay. Some people end up realizing they are straight after all, while others realize they are gay. This does not mean bisexuality doesn't exist.

6. Does it mean when someone comes out as bi, it means they're "half way out the closet"?
    No, it does not mean that they are halfway out the closet at all. Bisexuals is just that, people who love people regardless of their genders.

7. Are bisexuals sex addicts? They are attracted to both sexes, after all! They must hump everything in sight!
    A lot of misconceptions is that bisexuals are seen as "party animals" out to have sex with anything that moves. This is simply not true at all. Just because someone is bi, doesn't mean they like everyone they see. Just like straight people, they are only attracted to certain people, and have preferences over what they find attractive. There are many bisexuals who only had a few sexual partners in the past.

8. Can a bisexual stay monogamous in a relationship?
    But of course! Again, bisexuals are not sex addicted or any of that nonsense. When they find the person that they seriously want to be with, they will stick to that person no matter what happens. They will not stray just because they're bi.

9. There seem to be a lot of bisexuals in my school all of a sudden. What gives?
    Believe it or not, bisexuality is a very common sexuality. It is also seen that many straight people can find a member of their own sex attractive and even have a crush on one. You see, sexuality is very fluid and therefore, it is very rare for someone to be completely straight or gay, though there are some people who are strictly straight/gay. Also, it seems that many people pick up the bisexuality lifestyle because it is seen as edgy or cool to be one. Remember to just be yourself!

10. I'm straight, but I do sometimes think about members of the same sex. Could I be bi?
    You might be. Remember that sexuality is very fluid, so it is normal to experience homosexual thoughts, dreams, or even behavior when you label yourself as a heterosexual. What you could do is experiment with dating people of the same sex, to see if that's what you like. Remember that exactly like heterosexual sex, you must protect yourself while having sex with someone of the same sex. Use condoms for men, and microwaveable plastic wraps for women. Stay safe and have fun!

11. I hear that some people fake bisexuality to look "cool" or appear "sexy". How can I tell a fake one from a real one?
    A fake bisexual wouldn't go as far as kissing someone of the same sex, though some can, so this is a little tricky. There are also some fake ones who are daring enough to have sex with people of the same sex to prove to everyone that they are truly a bisexual. A real bisexual never has to prove that they are bisexual, they just KNOW they are one. Sexual experiences means nothing... It's the feelings that count. If you find yourself drooling over members of the opposite AND the same sex, then you're a bisexual.

12. I could never sleep with a bisexual, they must have so many diseases and stuff!
    Just because a bisexual finds men and women attractive does not mean they sleep around, and even though some people adapt to that kind of lifestyle, so do straight and gay people. A bisexual who sleeps around may be doing it because of self-esteem issues, or want to feel loved by someone but are doing it the wrong way. Straight and gay people can do this stuff too. There are plenty of clean bisexuals just like there are many sick heterosexuals or homosexuals. Sexuality doesn't mean you're immune or not immune to diseases. So remember to wrap up before you get busy! ;D

13. I have feelings for members of the same sex, but all I have ever done is have sex with the opposite sex. Does that mean I can't say I'm a bisexual?
    It doesn't matter about a person's experiences with sex. There has been cases where a heterosexual was curious to see what it would be like to have gay sex, only to find out they don't like it, so they continue on the heterosexual lifestyle. Same thing with gay people trying out straight sex only to find they don't enjoy it much. That does not mean they HAVE to label themselves bisexual. To be bisexual, you have to have physical and emotional feelings for people of the opposite and the same sex. Once you can do that, then you have the freedom to label yourself as a bisexual.

No way, I would never date a bisexual man.I would be competing against men and woman? too much drama

But that is just my preference, and everybody is entitled to how they feel like when it comes to dating.

Ha ha ha!

Did you add that on the bolded at the end when you realized how insecure the sentence sounds without it?

Anyway yes people are entitled to thire preferences, as you said.

But then many of our choices are controlled by our insecurities and shallow or meterialistic preferences as much as we will say and deny to ourselves we are not.

As long as he is a monogamous person I would probably respond with curiosity. It would be interesting to hear about sex with a man from a man's perspective.

Now thats a mature perspective!

I said it earlier. Women (and men) are innately equipped mentally to compete with other women (or men) -- Introduce a wang (or a Vuh J.J.), if they feel they actually have to compete, they won't know how. No one wants to feel at a disadvantage, so it's the better option simply to avoid it, apparently.

I kinda get this mentality.

Its like that Seinfeld episode.... where Elaine gets the gay guy she has a thing for to "switch teams", and he does... but then he goes back. After all, how can she compete with their equipment?

And sure... maybe it is what holds some people back, even if they don't realize it.

I don't think it would hold me back. I would still compete. Relationships, however... they need communication and reassurance. If I ever did feel inadequate, or that he would rather be with a man.... THEN we would have a problem.

I don't know what it is about the penis that everyone is so worried about. Lesbians won't date bisexual women because they're afraid they can't compete with the penis. Women won't date bisexual men because they're afraid they can't compete with the penis either.

But when have you ever heard a man say, "A vagina? No way I can compete with that."

No of course not, in fact they're all for their girlfriends finding more vaginas. People are not threatened by vaginas.

But when have you ever heard a man say, "A vagina? No way I can compete with that."

No of course not, in fact they're all for their girlfriends finding more vaginas. People are not threatened by vaginas.

That's because, unfortunately, the penis is still regarded as the focus point of sexuality as a whole. I mean, just look at the industry surrounding Erectile Dysfunction. The issue of whether a man can get erect is seen as the deciding factor as to whether sex can take place. But on the flip side you never see the issue of female sexual problems discussed. No ads on TV, no booming drug industry. It's really seen as incidental compared to whether the man can get erect and ejaculate.

I have a question... This is going to sound stupid, so please forgive me...

But... After you have sex with someone (male or female, doesn't matter) and whatever, you shower and life moves on... Does all that bodily fluids "stay" on your skin forever? Or can they always be washed off and to be forgotten? I think this is why people are so sensitive about finding a partner who doesn't have much sexual experiences in the past- They're scared they'll get fluid on somebody else's fluid on the same person they are having sex with. People who has a lot of experiences are seen as "dirty" because of it.

Sooo yeah. I think this is also another reason why people are so afraid of bisexual men.

It wouldn't bother me that I would have more 'competition'... I think that part is retarded. But what WOULD bother me is.... I don't know. It's disgusting to me. Ugh. I should rephrase because i don't think gays are disgusting at all. I just don't like to think about two men, two woman, or even a man and woman having sex. It's just something that's EXTREMELY private in my mind. If a really hot and heavy sex scene is on the TV or DVD or whatever, it disgusts me. It's just something that should be private. In my opinion at least.

So now that I've said THAT.. The thought of my husband being bi? The puzzle pieces just do not fit. I just don't like to think of two men getting it on. Or watching Adam Lambert on stage for that matter.

Even if I wasn't married, I couldn't date someone that was bi. It probably just has to do with the fact that I'm straight and not bi.

No chance in hell.

I view bisexual males as I do gay males..feminine. Regardless of if they're big, muscular and hairy with a deep voice..still feminine.

Feminine men do not appeal to me..at all.

I like men..who like women...100%..no doubts.

What can I say? I'm a simple soul, lol.

How can someone display no feminine traits but still be feminine? That's sort of what you're saying there.

Do you also consider bisexual women to be "masculine"?

I just don't like to think about two men, two woman, or even a man and woman having sex. It's just something that's EXTREMELY private in my mind. If a really hot and heavy sex scene is on the TV or DVD or whatever, it disgusts me. It's just something that should be private. In my opinion at least.

If I were you I would seriously question where that reaction is stemming from, as it is certainly out of the ordinary. Were you raised in a religious household where you were always told that sex is "dirty"? I'm worried because such reactions are often found in people who had negatives experiences at a young age (physical abuse, etc).

I have a question... This is going to sound stupid, so please forgive me...

But... After you have sex with someone (male or female, doesn't matter) and whatever, you shower and life moves on... Does all that bodily fluids "stay" on your skin forever? Or can they always be washed off and to be forgotten? I think this is why people are so sensitive about finding a partner who doesn't have much sexual experiences in the past- They're scared they'll get fluid on somebody else's fluid on the same person they are having sex with. People who has a lot of experiences are seen as "dirty" because of it.

Sooo yeah. I think this is also another reason why people are so afraid of bisexual men.

^^^ Could somebody please answer my question?

^^^ Could somebody please answer my question?

I think you're trying to come up with a literal explanation as to why sex is sometimes seen as "dirty". I don't think it really follows.

I mean, unless you have a CSI Lab in your house you're not going to be able to tell if you've had semen on your skin after washing it off, for example.

I think you're trying to come up with a literal explanation as to why sex is sometimes seen as "dirty". I don't think it really follows.

I mean, unless you have a CSI Lab in your house you're not going to be able to tell if you've had semen on your skin after washing it off, for example.

@ vertigoxo:

I don't think I fully understand your question... but here goes..

The only thing that can be passed on from one sexual partner to another is STDs.. is that what you mean by "fluid" and being "dirty"?

To the both of you:

I'm not asking just to look like a brat. I'm just wondering if once you have semen on/in you... That somehow it stays inside your skin forever, or if you just wash it off it's off? I can't really describe this but yeah... That's the best way to describe it.

A lot of people told me that for every person I will sleep with, I will sleep with their partners and their partners and so on and so on because of their past. And I don't know if I should trust that but yeah.

I'm just wondering if once you have semen on/in you... That somehow it stays inside your skin forever, or if you just wash it off it's off?

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't see how it's possible for semen to remain on your skin forever after you have washed it off. Do people actually believe this? Seriously?

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't see how it's possible for semen to remain on your skin forever after you have washed it off. Do people actually believe this? Seriously?

I have been told this by some adults back in my high school days but I don't know if I should believe it or not. Probably just a scare tactic to keep kids from having sex or something. *shrugs*

Archived