How common are false positives?

dangletsbang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, Shelby, no more sushi!! You can only have COOKED fish like once a week, i think, in your first trimester. You really need to be careful of what you put into your body now. No herbs, no diet pills, no nothing, except a prenatal vitamin. And if the prenatals make you throw up (like me) ask your OB about taking Flintstone gummies. I could take 2 of those a day and I managed to keep them down.

I'm excited for you!! I know that it's confusing and your emotions are overwhelmed. Just try to relax and dont stress yourself out.

Its crazy how you don't have to go far to get different rules on pregnancy. In north of UK we were allowed sea food, but not nuts... Then I moved down south when I Was 20 weeks pregnant with Sophie, and it was No Sea Food, Yes you can eat nuts...

I was allowed to eat Cod, and salam etc. I was allowed herbs, I was only allowed to take Folic Acid. I wish the world would just get together and keep there facts all the same =D

OP Grats! I really hope this pregnancy works out well for you. Babies are hard work, my babies 4 weeks this sat and I am too scared to look in the mirror in case I've gotten grey hairs from the stress of it all lol =D But I love it

Is it normal for me to be worried about having a miscarriage? I'm not really worrying about it..but it's in the back of my mind.

I mean..i'm really early in the pregnancy..so there's no sense in getting excited is there..?

Many pregnancies end this way. It does not mean yours will.link removed

Is it normal for me to be worried about having a miscarriage? I'm not really worrying about it..but it's in the back of my mind.

I mean..i'm really early in the pregnancy..so there's no sense in getting excited is there..?

I worried. I think it's normal to worry. What I also did was not tell anyone until the first trimester was over except for my husband, parents, his parents and my sister. I asked people not to refer to me as "mommy" or similar. It creates a mindset where you can do all you can do for a healthy pregnancy and not treat it as if you're already a mommy.

I subconsciously worried about miscarrying until I gave birth, just because I was surrounded by miscarriages from my mom and my cousin. But really, it's nothing to worry about. I know it's freaky, but don't stress yourself out about it. Honestly no need. I kinda did what Batya did. I wouldn't allow gifts or myself to buy things until the first trimester was over with. Actually, I take that back, I didn't allow gifts or myself to buy anything until I knew the sex of the baby, so 18 weeks is when I bought her first outfit.

Stay away from high mercury fish (like shark). You can eat tuna like once a week.. I think it's like 4oz or something. Talk to your doctor about eating COOKED sushi - my doctor wouldn't allow it during pregnancy, but I ate COOKED sushi when I was breastfeeding. PLEASE, be sure to eat healthy and try your hardest to keep your stress level to a minimum. I know it can be hard, but if you don't take care of your body there's a chance you could be hurting your baby. [smoking, drinking, illegal and legal drugs, sushi, stress, etc..]

Edit:

When I was pregnant, I was interested in every single aspect. I did a lot of researching.. I could never put the websites or books away. The main reason was because my mom could never get pregnant, so she didn't know what it was like and couldn't give me advice(I'm adopted). So I was stuck researching, and I did it allllll the time! I later freaked myself out due to all the POSSIBLE prenatal diseases and conditions that I read about. When I was 7 months pregnant, we had a preeclampsia scare. I was completely freaked out, I freaked MYSELF out more than anything, and had to wait until the next morning til my blood test came back to fortunately tell me I didn't have preeclampsia.

I just want you to know, that stress is a major deal while being pregnant. If something stresses you out, walk away from it. Don't worry about it. Let the others like your family and BF deal with it. I'm such a worry-wart and stress freak that I actually did not go to college while I was pregnant due to me always stressing out. So please.. don't.. stress.. lol! I'm stressing to you NOT to stress! rofl

I'm just kinda worried because on Tuesday I ate sushi/sashimi..the raw fish I consumed was tuna and salmon. Also, this past weekend I drank alcohol...

I'm going to mention these to my doctor on Monday, i'm just praying they didn't affect anything.

I'm doing really good on what i'm eating. I'm staying away from deli meats, most cheeses, sushi/fish..and only drinking water and some 100% juices until I see my doctor..I read the stuff on the internet..but hopefully i'll get a list of some sort from him.

^^^^ The first 3 months are the most important I hear, but I think she'll be ok. at least you found out pretty early and were able to stop anything harmful. A lot of women are drinking/smokin/eat the wrong things before they find out they are pregnant and stop once they find out early on and their babies turn out fine.

Archived